Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

SnS has become slooooowww..... My package was delivered on 20th Feb, no update till 24th Feb and till now not shipped to India... Still lying in their NY Office !

Hope they improve their service soon....

@invisiblebond Just mention "First Time Buyer" in quotation, They are offering rs 500/ off for first time user.

• Like 1

Any one bought from iShopinternational.com ?

Currently Ishop is refusing buying of used phones.. And people are generally refraining from buying through ishop due to their high duty and taxes.. But if you are ordering a new phone then it is still one of the best package forwarders for me since the price you pay while booking is not changed after landing no matter what the package weight turns out to be later on..

ishopinternational

"Currently we have kept Used & Refurbished phone purchases on hold for the new calc to be updated for these categories as per the customs policy.

We really apologize for the inconvenience caused & will surely keep you updated once the calc is updated by the back end team."

• Like 1

And they will not purchase locked Phone :(

SnS has become slooooowww..... My package was delivered on 20th Feb, no update till 24th Feb and till now not shipped to India... Still lying in their NY Office !

Hope they improve their service soon....

yup i agree with you they became too slow and even not updating shipment status dont know whats going wrong with them

^^^

Thanks.

did the customs charge you anything ???

also does amazon ship free to india ? if i order one phone or do i have to order 2 ?

^

I think they have cancelled most orders. So it has been with mine.

i think i know why the orders were cancelled .

give me a day or two and i will tell you exactly whats the solution to this

i am doing a thing on this since last 2 days visiting i2c world office in andheri !

i have written a mail to i2c after they cancelled the order. i told them that a lot of my friends had booked from you and their order has been cancelled by you. I told them that I would spread the word to give them Negative feedbacks and negative publicity through social media sites like facebook, twitter, etc. I told them to complete the order for the sake of their reputation, blah, blah ....

Haven't received any reply so far.

i don't think I will.

i2c update --->

the story so far --->

I had placed an order for moto g . called i2c world the next day . spoke to a lady . she said - SORRY SIR , YOUR ORDER IS CANCELLED . WE WONT BE ABLE TO SHIP YOUR PHONE .

i demanded an explanation . She said the phone work in india . i told her i know but i still want it . She said she will call me back .

NO CALLS .

Called i2c the next day . Same thing told to me .

Went to i2c office today .

spoke to sumone who claimed to be the head .

this is what he told me --->

some people (read morons) ordered moto g from geb . put their gsm sim cards in the sim slot provided and realised it isnt detecting network . so raised claims against i2c stating duplicate phone or damaged phones . ebay took action against i2c world ( hence negative feedbacks mainly recently ) . So wat i2c did is that they started cancelling all orders of MOTO G .

So i asked the manager what now ?

He said why are you buying this phone , this wont work in India . ( he wasnt aware that this can be made to work with CDMA carries ) .

i told him i want this phone as a dummy piece just for fun . I know it wont work . He took this in writing from me that I am ordering this phone inspite of the fact that this wont work in India and i am doing this on my risk . I even emailed them this .....In 5 mins he ordered the phone from me from the US seller

I am happy .

i2c world isnt as bad as it seems ...i had ordered a phone from them 2 years ago and i did receive it in flat 10 days . this is my 2nd purchase .

till now happy with whatever happened . just hope the phone gets to me in 2 weeks time without any isses of customs and octroi .

Thanks ndr696969,

I did the same thing and my order for moto g is now placed by i2c.

yesterday i called them and i enquired about the status and they said the order is cancelled bcos the phone wont work in india. I said i knew that but any how i need the phone to just play android games, then she asked me to reorder as my refund has already been processed. So i reordered and sent them an email with my consent. Now i recieved an email from them that my order has been placed and i will recieve that phone within 2 weeks.

lets see whats going to happen.

Track your Moto G CDMA

Airwaybill Number Your PaisaPay ID ICC Worldwide.

Edited by invisiblebond

Hey guys ,

I won a used phone on ebay and wanted to ship to india

So should i go purchase with ppobox as they are the only one that are shipping used phones (or i have an option)

Ty so much

Waiting for every 1 recent experince and suggestions

You can use either PPOBOX or hopshopgo.. Depending on your price of phone opt for either one.. For lower priced phone ppobox is the optimum choice.. For a high value phone I would suggest to opt for HSG instead..

its an 220$ phone but ppobox will charge customs at 400$

btw is it safe to order used badesn phones from hopshopgo ?(doesn't the packet gets individually cleared and there is more risk of paying penalty's ?? )

My only choice sns... Bindaas

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Today received invoice for Droid Mini, mention value is ppobox form was 180$..

Item Actual Weight Including Volumetric (lbs.): 0.35

ICC Shipping, Handling & Clearance Fees: Rs. 716

Insurance Fees: Rs. 108

Customs Duty: Rs. 572

Service Tax: Rs. 102

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Due: 1,498

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I had a gift card from amazon.co.uk & I wanted to buy iPhone 5S but they do not deliver outside UK. So to get it delivered to India I opened an account with PPOBOX.com. My parcel has been delivered to PPOBOX peoples in UK more than 2 days back. I've already sent them all the documents required by them including invoice but still they have not given any updates about my parcel. I've called them several times on there customer care numbers in India but they give same reply that it will be updated soon once they have details from there UK team. I've even sent them mail but they don't even care to reply.

Does anybody had similar issue earlier? I'm really worried about my expensive phone lying with them.

@ PPOBOX users : normally when you get email/notification about your parcel being received by PPOBOX?

With there behaviour I seriously have a doubt on this peoples. Please guide me what to do if anyone of you have any idea about it.

Regards,

Rahul.

@Manoj Patel: For how much u bought droid mini brand new or used?

Received invoice from Ppobox for HTC one 280$ ,

Item Actual Weight Including Volumetric (lbs.): 0.84

ICC Shipping, Handling & Clearance Fees: Rs. 934

Insurance Fees: Rs. 353

Customs Duty: Rs. 2,026

Service Tax: Rs. 159

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Due: 3,472

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I had a gift card from amazon.co.uk & I wanted to buy iPhone 5S but they do not deliver outside UK. So to get it delivered to India I opened an account with PPOBOX.com. My parcel has been delivered to PPOBOX peoples in UK more than 2 days back. I've already sent them all the documents required by them including invoice but still they have not given any updates about my parcel. I've called them several times on there customer care numbers in India but they give same reply that it will be updated soon once they have details from there UK team. I've even sent them mail but they don't even care to reply.

Does anybody had similar issue earlier? I'm really worried about my expensive phone lying with them.

@ PPOBOX users : normally when you get email/notification about your parcel being received by PPOBOX?

With there behaviour I seriously have a doubt on this peoples. Please guide me what to do if anyone of you have any idea about it.

Regards,

Rahul.

Ya, its like that only with Ppobox. You will get update about your item, the day its dispatched from the UK warehouse. It took one week for me.

Edited by Shivam15

Anbody knows about Road Permit? I got a phone from Bluedart in Kolkata and they are asking for road permit to send it to Jharkhand. :(

Thank you sir but is it important for personal shipments too? Its a mobile phone of Rs.40K. But once my friend was also in this problem and later on bluedart settled with a identity card scan and declaration form that its personal item. But that took near about 1 week. :(

I am going to buy extended battery from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZZOH04

Total cost $79.98 ($39.99 x 2)

Total weight 0.96 oz (0.48 oz x 2)

On Amazon it costs Rs 6790.46 but without customs duties

Items (2):INR 5,173.38
Shipping & handling:INR 1,617.08
Total before tax:INR 6,790.46
Estimated tax to be collected:*INR 0.00
Order total:INR 6,790.46

On GEB it costs Rs 3873 x 2 = Rs 7746

Please suggest which provider to use - I have SNS account but anything cheaper than amazon is most welcome, thanks

Edited by digitalnirvana

I needed some information for the regular users of HSG and ComGateway , specially from Mumbai area.

This time I got a little greedy and imported a consolidated package containing 6 handsets via HSG. Unfortunately it got held up in Mumbai customs and I had to go thru formal clearance using a DHL CHA agent. I signed and couriered all documents as well as provided all merchant invoices. After a long process and wait of about a week they got cleared today and will be delivered to me tomorrow. However there are two things I would like someone to clarify :

1. On top of the rupee amount of the total invoice , DHL added 20% freight charges to the invoice checklist they prepared and presented to the customs. When I asked them about it , they told me its the standard procedure and it will not pass without it. So I agreed. But I still dont understand what that charge is really about. It would be great if someone has insight about it.

2. The CHA agent told me that on top of the total custom fees charged ( incl 20% freight charges) I will have to pay 1500 rs as CHA fees. It seems to me too much as it is almost 30-35% of the total custom fee charged. (custom fee is 4085/-). Does anyone know if its the standard and fixed CHA fees or it depends on the invoice/clearance value. I just want to confirm that they are not overcharging me as I told them its my first time going thru formal clearance process and using a CHA service.

If Dr Faramroze or someone else with prior experience with HSG can clear this outs asap before I have to pay those guys tomorrow, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

Dev