Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

So cool just 570 rs custom duty on droid mini ...congrats for getting a new phone

Lets see what ppobox do with my lg g2

Did you get your PPOBox invoice?

My friend is asking to buy XBox One from Amzon US and delivered to India. Is it a good option to do it via SnS, as I don't know what custom gonna charge on it after it land in india. Hope it doesn't cost a bomb!

Or some one suggest me good option.

I checked the SnS site to Join in and found that it's joining fee is USD 45. Any option to join it less than this?

Check last few pages of this thread.. You will find method to get SNS account for 10$ given by Hitesh ji..

My friend is asking to buy XBox One from Amzon US and delivered to India. Is it a good option to do it via SnS, as I don't know what custom gonna charge on it after it land in india. Hope it doesn't cost a bomb!

I checked the SnS site to Join in and found that it's joining fee is USD 45. Any option to join it less than this?

JUST USE "IND52735173" coupon code.
its given by anuradha from SnS.

it gives 35 $ off.

also u can pay via transferring 620 Rs to aramex account
contact anuradha SnS.

sns.jpg Edited by Honest
<< Posts Merged >>
  • Like 1

Is the duty charged on the invoice or the market price when using SNS?

:previous:

depend if u purchased NEW or NEW OTHER then duty charged on invoice mentioned price.

if u purchased used or refurb product then duty charges are according to market price.

• Like 1

What is New Other? Also, how does the custom official decide if the phone is New or used? Based on the seal?

I needed some information for the regular users of HSG and ComGateway , specially from Mumbai area.

This time I got a little greedy and imported a consolidated package containing 6 handsets via HSG. Unfortunately it got held up in Mumbai customs and I had to go thru formal clearance using a DHL CHA agent. I signed and couriered all documents as well as provided all merchant invoices. After a long process and wait of about a week they got cleared today and will be delivered to me tomorrow. However there are two things I would like someone to clarify :

1. On top of the rupee amount of the total invoice , DHL added 20% freight charges to the invoice checklist they prepared and presented to the customs. When I asked them about it , they told me its the standard procedure and it will not pass without it. So I agreed. But I still dont understand what that charge is really about. It would be great if someone has insight about it.

2. The CHA agent told me that on top of the total custom fees charged ( incl 20% freight charges) I will have to pay 1500 rs as CHA fees. It seems to me too much as it is almost 30-35% of the total custom fee charged. (custom fee is 4085/-). Does anyone know if its the standard and fixed CHA fees or it depends on the invoice/clearance value. I just want to confirm that they are not overcharging me as I told them its my first time going thru formal clearance process and using a CHA service.

If Dr Faramroze or someone else with prior experience with HSG can clear this outs asap before I have to pay those guys tomorrow, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

Dev

Dear Dev, Ever since 21st January till date, all mobile phone shipments new or old more than 2 are getting held up every hour, daily, irrespective of any document submission or such formalities. Depending on the US MSRP of your six phones this figures must be given to you. You may know the exact value of the phones bought by you in this shipment, there does not seem any overcharging if the phones are medium/high end. PPO has imposed one phone per box so most importers have started trying out DHL, but 80% of incoming mobile phones parcels are getting held up even if everything is in order, we have to be prepared for this extra exercise. In fact, DHL parcels are getting held up but released later, a boon for high end imports.

Do not purchase from US, it will cost a lot in shipping and customs - I know as I imported one but it was a 360

Edited by digitalnirvana

I needed some information for the regular users of HSG and ComGateway , specially from Mumbai area.

This time I got a little greedy and imported a consolidated package containing 6 handsets via HSG. Unfortunately it got held up in Mumbai customs and I had to go thru formal clearance using a DHL CHA agent. I signed and couriered all documents as well as provided all merchant invoices. After a long process and wait of about a week they got cleared today and will be delivered to me tomorrow. However there are two things I would like someone to clarify :

1. On top of the rupee amount of the total invoice , DHL added 20% freight charges to the invoice checklist they prepared and presented to the customs. When I asked them about it , they told me its the standard procedure and it will not pass without it. So I agreed. But I still dont understand what that charge is really about. It would be great if someone has insight about it.

2. The CHA agent told me that on top of the total custom fees charged ( incl 20% freight charges) I will have to pay 1500 rs as CHA fees. It seems to me too much as it is almost 30-35% of the total custom fee charged. (custom fee is 4085/-). Does anyone know if its the standard and fixed CHA fees or it depends on the invoice/clearance value. I just want to confirm that they are not overcharging me as I told them its my first time going thru formal clearance process and using a CHA service.

If Dr Faramroze or someone else with prior experience with HSG can clear this outs asap before I have to pay those guys tomorrow, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

Dev

Dear Dev, Ever since 21st January till date, all mobile phone shipments new or old more than 2 are getting held up every hour, daily, irrespective of any document submission or such formalities. Depending on the US MSRP of your six phones this figures must be given to you. You may know the exact value of the phones bought by you in this shipment, there does not seem any overcharging if the phones are medium/high end. PPO has imposed one phone per box so most importers have started trying out DHL, but 80% of incoming mobile phones parcels are getting held up even if everything is in order, we have to be prepared for this extra exercise. In fact, DHL parcels are getting held up but released later, a boon for high end imports.

Thanks for the reply Sir. It is indeed getting alot tricky with consolidated packaging. In fact my items as still not been shipped from Mumbai and held in customs. To my bad luck, the custom officer ordered a recheck and appraised the clearance value to be 90k and charges increased to 6300 rs now. Still its pending approval.

I think its best to be away from getting more than 1-2 phones in a package as they will most probably gonna get stuck like this. Gave an earfull to the DHL CHA agents but they politely said that there is nothing in their hands and if I dont want to use their service from now, its fine.

Will see how the things turnout. thanks again !!!

Do not purchase from US, it will cost a lot in shipping and customs - I know as I imported one but it was a 360

Dipan Sir is competely right. I was also interested in getting my hands on a Xbox one couple weeks back and so tried to calculate how much shipping+handling I have to pay. It is gonna be 10-15k easily just for these charges and that too if u get a good bargaining price on the item. Custom fees is apparately 25-30% as it comes under home appliances + the weight of the product is another issue.

Better to get a deal locally

So cool just 570 rs custom duty on droid mini ...congrats for getting a new phone

Lets see what ppobox do with my lg g2

Did you get your PPOBox invoice?
Jst saw ur msg ,

Here's what they charged :

ICC Shipping, Handling & Clearance Fees: Rs. 890

Insurance Fees: Rs. 304

Customs Duty: Rs. 1,736

Service Tax: Rs. 148

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Due: 3,078

• Like 1

Tell you what, I was charged Rs.3,051 for a new G2. They told me customs was charged on $400. Any cheaper alternatives?

Yeah,

Use ishop , comgateway if ordering new or new others they would charge at invoice rate

Otherwise buy a sns a/c for 10$ and u can buy used and new from them at best prices ( m going to buy using sns next time i buy something )

Can you please elaborate on how SNS is going to be cheaper for used / new ? Customs is going to be the same right ?

comGateway charges you at Indian market price, not the invoice value....from my experience - for new.

I am not sure about comgateway charging at what prices they charge

For sns u will have cheaper shipping rate and their insurance is cheaper 1$ for each 100$ first 100$ is free

And for used mobiles sns charge at market price and for new they charge at invoice

Btw for how much did u buy ur g2

Not sure where I should post this so writing here as this thread is related to importing phones.

I bought an iPhone 5S on ebay 2 weeks back and seller told me that its a AT&T phone with no icloud lock.

However, it turned out to be a lock Sprint 5s and is of no use to me and I cant get it working.

I raised the case on ebay and seller agreed for a full refund needing me to send the phone back to him.

Please suggest how I should proceed and how can I send the phone back or any other suggestion....:(

I had similar problem before.. For this u have to contact the service you used to get the item. If u have used PPObox, call them and tell them that you need to send back the item. Their charges were pretty reasonable when I sent back mine about 6-7 months back (1200 bucks in total). U would have to courier the phone back to their Mumbai hub and create a new shipment with destination address as the seller's address there just like you create while importing one. Once they get the item they will generate an invoice accordingly. Pay it and the item will reach back to seller within 5-7 business days.

Dont have that experience with other services but I'm sure they would work the same way (atleast SNS would I guess)

• Like 1

You can use PPOBox in this case, it happened to me once.

All you need is to create a package on your PPO account selecting PPO Mail Box Address as Mumbai PPOBox, put your seller's address in the recipient address and other details.

Send your package through any local courier to their Mumbai address mentioning package ID on the package, once they receive it, they will send you invoice and after you pay it they will forward it to US address you mentioned while creating a package.

Ask them to give you a carrier name and tracking ID of the local US carrier they used to ship from their warehouse in NY/NJ to the address of your seller in US.

Give that tracking ID to the Paypal and they will process your refund.

It costed me around Rs. 1200 to ship my phone back.

I hope it helps, there are other ways too, but, this is the cheapest one. (I wouldn't say safest one :P)

use fedex they will charger 4k approx

Thank you all for your quick replies and explaining the process. Really appreciated. Will use ppobox and post my experience soon. Thanks again :)

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Globay Easy buy seller, i2C again cancelled my moto g boost orders.

I'm planning to use other package forwarders to buy 2 moto G boost (costs 90$ x 2). Which package forwarder is cheap and best, as this is my first time. kindly give suggestions.

For 2 phones iShopinternational charges -

Total International Shipping Duty, Taxes, Fees TOTAL ` 13753 ` 490 ` 2238 ` 11025

Edited by iamrafic

Ishopinternational has stopped shipping Used, Bad Esn & Carrier Locked phones till further notice..

I would suggest you go with HSG, Shop&Ship or PPOBOX..

I have just contacted ishopinternational, and they are ready to purchase this item. They also offering 500 rs discount as i'm first time user. so i will be getting the 2 moto g phones for 13312/- .. good deal? should i go with ishopinternational?

the quote is

Rs. 13,812

Item price, local shipping, taxes: Rs. 11,019

International Shipping: Rs. 551

Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 2,242

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL Rs. 13,812

Globay Easy buy seller, i2C again cancelled my moto g boost orders.

I'm planning to use other package forwarders to buy 2 moto G boost (costs 90$ x 2). Which package forwarder is cheap and best, as this is my first time. kindly give suggestions.

For 2 phones iShopinternational charges -

Total International Shipping Duty, Taxes, Fees TOTAL ` 13753 ` 490 ` 2238 ` 11025

Site: http://www.hsn.com/products/motorola-moto-g-45-quad-core-no-contract-smartphone/7455449

They have cancelled my order for Moto G. I am also looking for alternative way.