Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

^^^

No

Anyone else having problems with PPObox over the past few days? Couple of shipments delivered a few days back haven`t been updated. Got this reply from them

"Hi,

We are having trouble to ship the packages to India.

The internet is down at our US hub, so we are unable to process the package.

Request you to kindly wait for sometime, the packages will get shipped to India"

I am facing the same issue and on asking them the reason I got the same response.

Hoping it gets sorted at the earliest. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else having problems with PPObox over the past few days? Couple of shipments delivered a few days back haven`t been updated. Got this reply from them

"Hi,

We are having trouble to ship the packages to India.
The internet is down at our US hub, so we are unable to process the package.
Request you to kindly wait for sometime, the packages will get shipped to India"

Yep, got the same response when I asked the status of my package delivered on July 8th, Tuesday. Finally my package got shipped from NY yesterday (got the confirmation mail)

Any updates on the new custom duty to be charged on mobile phones? Things seem a bit unclear at the moment.

They will be further charging 10 % flat as per news from SnS and according to internal source they will charge on retail rate they get for websites i.e contract free rates from webpage. Not sure but the person working in SnS said this. Hope its not true.

They will be further charging 10 % flat as per news from SnS and according to internal source they will charge on retail rate they get for websites i.e contract free rates from webpage. Not sure but the person working in SnS said this. Hope its not true.

Thanks for the info. That would be castastrophical if it turns out that way. The only positive I can think of is this would also increase prices of imported retail cell phones sold in India.

Best safest and cheapest is to ask some one to carry it while coming to India.

Sent by Moto G on Reliance CDMA

thanks Hitesh, :) but I forgot to mention "other than somebody carrying it with themselves."

If somebody can send laptop by mail to my address, I can get it cleared from the customs tho.

You can use DHL for sending , in DHL you have option to custom clear by self or by DHL,

Even with DHL damages can happen, so packing must be good.

Other wise ppo like service is also ok for you. As you want to clear your own custom.

Sent by Moto G on Reliance CDMA

Any issues with PPOBox? Couple of shipments delivered last week still has not been updated.

Hey guys , I have been using PPOBOX for shipping used phones from usa to India. Have shipped more than 25 pkgs since a couple of months. I just wanna confirm if there are any legal liabilities or obligations apart from what we are paying to the ppobox people ? Is it illegal to ship used handsets in India ??? Mods and gurus plz enlighten. Thanks

My bother lives in California usa .... Can I get phones shipped by him as gift ?? I mean without paying customs. Or how can I take advantage of my brother living in usa ?

Hey guys , I have been using PPOBOX for shipping used phones from usa to India. Have shipped more than 25 pkgs since a couple of months. I just wanna confirm if there are any legal liabilities or obligations apart from what we are paying to the ppobox people ? Is it illegal to ship used handsets in India ??? Mods and gurus plz enlighten. Thanks

Any used electronic item is not permitted to import including cell phones.

Also as you have imported more than 25 shipment , you will be called as a seller / re-seller, one day you might get a notice from sales tax or vat department etc.

My bother lives in California usa .... Can I get phones shipped by him as gift ?? I mean without paying customs. Or how can I take advantage of my brother living in usa ?

Only advantage you have is, you can get phones at better price compare to eBay .

If you want to use Ppobox then you have to pay import duty on it.

In very few cases you will be charged zero as import duty, depends on your luck and custom officer on duty.

Even if custom is zero, Ppobox won't let you know that it was zero, they will earn this money, as they don't provide any custom receipt.

DHL provides such document on request.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk 2

Edited by ::Hitesh::
  • Like 2

My shipments also have sen a hike in custom duties recently, i use SNS and i received a phone with duties of around INR 5000 where as the invoice sent to them said the phone was USD 70. After talking to Sneha (Anuradha was not available) the problem again was the delhi custom officials. I had never got custom duties above 1000 when my shipments were arriving from Mumbai. Also i will be trying HSG this time and see how good it is, Will be using their consolidation service to merge 3 phones in one package and see if it turns out to be cheaper than SNS per shipment. Also i read few people saying that HSG charges ~$24 for express shipping for 1 KG? can someone please confirm if it is 1 KG or 0.5 KG? Thanks in advance.

My shipments also have sen a hike in custom duties recently, i use SNS and i received a phone with duties of around INR 5000 where as the invoice sent to them said the phone was USD 70. After talking to Sneha (Anuradha was not available) the problem again was the delhi custom officials. I had never got custom duties above 1000 when my shipments were arriving from Mumbai. Also i will be trying HSG this time and see how good it is, Will be using their consolidation service to merge 3 phones in one package and see if it turns out to be cheaper than SNS per shipment. Also i read few people saying that HSG charges ~$24 for express shipping for 1 KG? can someone please confirm if it is 1 KG or 0.5 KG? Thanks in advance.

Delhi custom is always unpredictable,

HSG works per KG basis.

HSG works per KG basis.

HSG works per KG basis.

So, you are telling me i have to pay $24 for express for 1 Kg if i am using HSG? That can be used to our benefit, right? We can consolidate two items in one and we will still be charged $24 (cheaper than SNS per package) plus customs i heard is better than ppobox and SNS currently. Different views?

Sns is 10$ per half kg that makes 20$ per kg.

And custom is ur luck !

Anyone having issues with PPObox? Shipment delivered on Wednesday. They are claiming that they have not received shipment. Has anyone got Sanjay`s contact no? Their support team is of no use.

usps_mobile_head.gifpix.gifTrack & Confirm
Your Label Number:

Your Item Status:
Your item was delivered at 10:51 am on September 3, 2014 in NEW YORK, NY 10018. The item was signed for by M CRAINE.

- Out for Delivery, September 3, 2014, 9:25 am, NEW YORK, NY 10018 - Sorting Complete, September 3, 2014, 9:15 am, NEW YORK, NY 10018 - Arrived at Post Office, September 3, 2014, 7:32 am, NEW YORK, NY 10018 - Departed USPS Facility, September 3, 2014, 3:12 am, BETHPAGE, NY 11714 - Arrived at USPS Facility, September 3, 2014, 12:51 am, BETHPAGE, NY 11714 - Departed Post Office, September 2, 2014, 6:31 pm, SOUTH OZONE PARK, NY 11420 - Acceptance, September 2, 2014, 9:45 am, SOUTH OZONE PARK, NY 11420

^ Old issue. M Craine is the local post man who signs the delivery slips. After that, person from PPOBOX visits the post office and pick all the parcels. Now, if post man signs the receipt and then he misplaces it, ppobox will say that they havent received the item.

Push ppobox to contact post office and find out more about the package.

^ Old issue. M Craine is the local post man who signs the delivery slips. After that, person from PPOBOX visits the post office and pick all the parcels. Now, if post man signs the receipt and then he misplaces it, ppobox will say that they havent received the item.

Hi. Just spoke to both their NY office and USPS Mid-Town Post Office. Apparently, another package is also missing. They are sending someone to check with the Post office. Have also raised a complaint with both Mid Town Post Office and USPS Customer service.

Didn`t know M Craine is a USPS employee. Always thought he works for ICCWorld. Don`t know how they allow that over there, signing for a package without going to the address.

Hi. Just spoke to both their NY office and USPS Mid-Town Post Office. Apparently, another package is also missing. They are sending someone to check with the Post office. Have also raised a complaint with both Mid Town Post Office and USPS Customer service.

Any update you got? Wondering if I should use PPObox now.

Anyone used Stackry or airmailpost? Any other recommended service? Want to ship a mobile...

Anyone used Stackry or airmailpost? Any other recommended service? Want to ship a mobile...

Issue sorted now. Take Signature confirmation and Insurance, if you`re USPS with PPObox.

Issue sorted now. Take Signature confirmation and Insurance, if you`re USPS with PPObox.

It would be very great if you can explain in detail how the issue got resolved.