Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

Issue sorted now. Take Signature confirmation and Insurance, if you`re USPS with PPObox.

That does not guarantee anything. As phonegeek mentioned earlier, USPS sign their own slips and then PPO collects shipments from postoffice. Full sarkaari. If the package is lost that signature confirmaion is sh1t and insurance is down the drain.

If its an option use UPS, Fedex is very expensive. Never had issue with UPS. Also for me personally NJ offfice worked our better then NY, though there is more latency.

Happy that you issue got resolved.

Edited by nishsuxx

^ Old issue. M Craine is the local post man who signs the delivery slips. After that, person from PPOBOX visits the post office and pick all the parcels. Now, if post man signs the receipt and then he misplaces it, ppobox will say that they havent received the item.

Push ppobox to contact post office and find out more about the package.

Hi. Just spoke to both their NY office and USPS Mid-Town Post Office. Apparently, another package is also missing. They are sending someone to check with the Post office. Have also raised a complaint with both Mid Town Post Office and USPS Customer service.

Any update you got? Wondering if I should use PPObox now.

Anyone used Stackry or airmailpost? Any other recommended service? Want to ship a mobile...

Issue sorted now. Take Signature confirmation and Insurance, if you`re USPS with PPObox.

It would be very great if you can explain in detail how the issue got resolved

Fellow RIMWEB member was also affected. Initially, PPOBox denied that the parcel was delivered. Both of us had to call PPO NY and USPS Mid Town PO. Filed a complaint with the Post master and it turned up after nearly a week. Package has been delivered as of now. Everything intact.

That does not guarantee anything. As phonegeek mentioned earlier, USPS sign their own slips and then PPO collects shipments from postoffice. Full sarkaari. If the package is lost that signature confirmaion is sh1t and insurance is down the drain.

If its an option use UPS, Fedex is very expensive. Never had issue with UPS. Also for me personally NJ offfice worked our better then NY, though there is more latency.

Happy that you issue got resolved.

Sorry. I meant insurance with PPO Box. If you can prove that package was delivered, at least you can argue that they are liable for any loss. Similar to SnS.

Is anyone else having delays with PPOBox? Shipments delivered last week yet to be updated!

There have been delays with PPO services from little over a fortnight. Also there seems to be a customs issue again with them. Invoices are charged nearly double the amount of the same item of same value. Till 15th September, ICCworld was handling highest logistics ever in it's history but some RIMweb members have been overcharged recently. PPO says an increase of 4% on customs duty has been imposed of late amounting to 11% duty, but the 4% hike cannot be double the amount. Best would be to call them up before purchasing anything from US.

I was over charged last month for mobile duty by double.. Some stupid Indian custom clerk gone crazy, ok he revalued all time as per Indian MRP.. Without considering the USA invoice copy attached with the shipped item.. That's what I was informed by Devyang N Sanjay both.. Problem is with our own customs staff.. They r cranky ppl..

Sent from Pav$ HTC One M8 HK Edition by Tapatalk

yes, even same for me. customs charged Rs729 for 64$ phone. don't know on which basis they charged it !!!!!

There have been delays with PPO services from little over a fortnight. Also there seems to be a customs issue again with them. Invoices are charged nearly double the amount of the same item of same value. Till 15th September, ICCworld was handling highest logistics ever in it's history but some RIMweb members have been overcharged recently. PPO says an increase of 4% on customs duty has been imposed of late amounting to 11% duty, but the 4% hike cannot be double the amount. Best would be to call them up before purchasing anything from US.

There are severe delays with PPOBox at this moment. Packages delivered as early as 26th Sep, are yet to be updated and forwarded to India. There are a lot of complaints on their on wall on Facebook.

I use HSG to import and my latest shipment is stuck in Bangalore customs. DHL is clearing it on my behalf, but they sent me a mail today saying that the custom officials couldn't find the IMEI number of the devices and could only find MEID and hence the phones will be held back. There is a new procedure to check the imei before releasing the phones from customs it seems. Anyone else had this issue? The phones are Motorola moto x sprint and Motorola droid RAZR maxx, can anyone please tell me how to check the imei on these phones so that I can tell the customs officers the same? Thanks.

Hi guys.

I am looking to buy some used clothes on ebay US. The price would be less than $100. Could you please tell me which package forwarding service would be cheapest for shipping and customs? Please tell me which one i should go for.

As per my research on the topic so far,

Services using DHL and Fedex are the most reliable but also most expensive because of volumetic weight calculations. Eg HSG and borderlinx.

Services using aramex are cheaper with no volumetic weight calcuations for larger packages. But read they are not as much reliable.

Local players like iccworld ( ppobox , ishopinternational) etc seem like hit and miss and have some negative feed back.

So please help me and advice me also keeping in mind my situation.

I use HSG to import and my latest shipment is stuck in Bangalore customs. DHL is clearing it on my behalf, but they sent me a mail today saying that the custom officials couldn't find the IMEI number of the devices and could only find MEID and hence the phones will be held back. There is a new procedure to check the imei before releasing the phones from customs it seems. Anyone else had this issue? The phones are Motorola moto x sprint and Motorola droid RAZR maxx, can anyone please tell me how to check the imei on these phones so that I can tell the customs officers the same? Thanks.

If your phone is in working condition ask them to dial, *#06#. I shipped Motorola Droid XT926 via ppobox last week but I didn't face this type of issue, though the customs + shipping charges are high.

Edited by chorme2000

If its just a cdma phone tell them, in cdma phone meid is their instead of imei.. if its global phone you may see imei.. meid for cdma, imei for gsm. simple. tell them too google .

@chrome2000 btw, how much they charged you and what was the cost ?

I had bad exp with ppo, so i stopped using ppo box, In short, they lost my parcel and keep on hold for like a month or more saying parcel is in ny, its in custom there is some problem and stuff.. i even got mailed that your parcel been dispatch from ny hub... all lies, i dont know if their internal employee is chor or something else. and after months they said your parcel is lost. Then more pain for refund, as they have insurance policy. They only can give insurance upto 100 usd. aramex have 2000 usd insurance..

You wont believe i even mailed to ppobox owner, she is a lady. but i never got any reply from her. but ppo guys told me that sir we know you have complained to madam.. but its all of no use. I lost my 19k and got 10k return .. weird policies of ppo... i rely on aramex they charge bit more from ppo but parcel is safe because of insurance policy. but i dont have any recent purchase with aramex. last item i imported was like 3 months ago

Edited by sunilromy

@sunil

for motorola xt907 they charged me 1430 which is 64$ phone and for xt926, Rs 1858 inclusive customs, shipping & S.T.

Is HSG cheaper than PPOBox after their 4% hike in custom duty?

@sunil

for motorola xt907 they charged me 1430 which is 64$ phone and for xt926, Rs 1858 inclusive customs, shipping & S.T.

Its still nice quote.

I used to order mine through iShop. Which is also a subsidiary of ICC. The almost double rate of duty and their charges is does not justify the 4% hike. Do you guys have any cheaper alternatives? I have a good mind to try HSG or SnS

PPOBox is overcharging crazily and their shipment s are also getting delayed. Am also looking for alternatives...

PPOBox is overcharging crazily and their shipment s are also getting delayed. Am also looking for alternatives...

Not only are the custom charges high, their service has become very slow now. Packages taking more than 10 days to be delivered.

Ppo is also take out some time data cable, charger or case cover..

Have not received a battery of one of my device.. but seller shipped it..

tapped from my HTC desire 816DS on R-CDMA / R-GSM

I ordered an item from ishop and would like to know how much time it will take to clear the item and deliver to their warehouse in Mumbai? I paid all taxes / duties upfront and gave my kyc documents.

Minimum 10 days..

I ordered an item from ishop and would like to know how much time it will take to clear the item and deliver to their warehouse in Mumbai? I paid all taxes / duties upfront and gave my kyc documents.

I placed order on 4 of oct, not yet recieved. now it stucked in bluedart. From andheri to south mumbai, bluedart takes more then 4 days.. Still waiting for them to deliver it..

overall on holidays this service s**ks.. ishop may take from 10 days to 20 days to deliver your product, but its depend on your luck..

LOL!

They got the item cleared yesterday itself. Reached their warehouse yesterday evening. Forwarded to Bluedart in an hour and already reached Delhi by morning today. Bluedart says will deliver tomorrow to my location.

:D :D

Both PPOBox and BlueDart have taken a hit coz of the festive season. One of my shipments given to BlueDart by PPOBox on Saturday, is still lying in their retail warehouse. No updates since Saturday. Both PPOBox and BlueDart are not being helpful!!