Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

This is my third time with ShopandShip.

This time they got item delivered to their address on 14 Feburary. I got that item to my residence in Pune today - 09 March.

Very slow.

Item cost was around Rs. 1300, shipping was around Rs. 700 and customs was Rs. 200.

Does any one facing problem with ppo site.?

When i open ppo site its opening host gator site.is any issue with ppo ?

• Like 1

Looks like they forgot to renew the website.

Sent from HTC M8 using Tapatalk.

It was a server issue

I shipped one lg tribute through ppo and ppo charge me only 690 rs include duty shipping and tax.ppo reduce shipping charger to $6 for 1lbs

Anyone having problems with PPOBox? Package delivered to their NY hub last Monday still not updated!!

Anyone having problems with PPOBox? Package delivered to their NY hub last Monday still not updated!!

was it priority mail ??? or package service ??? or first class ???

can any one suggest me more mail forwarding sites like ppobox and shopandship. i have used both but is there any site which charges less shipping and service fee than them.

was it priority mail ??? or package service ??? or first class ???

Worse. Parcel select!

Thats seriously worse .... Ask your seller for delivery confirmation ... Which is add on service to these mailing option .. This way your packets will not go missing. What's the update on the missing parcel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KTD Bhaiye ...

Even signature confirmation is useless with USPS. I know of incidences where packages were lost even with signature confirmation. Search this forum and you`ll find case where USPS delivery guy just signs the slip himself and PPO guys go and pickup the packages for USPS office.

Bottom line .. stay away from USPS, for me UPS has worked without any issues and its not that expensive either (of course if you have a choice.)

Thats seriously worse .... Ask your seller for delivery confirmation ... Which is add on service to these mailing option .. This way your packets will not go missing. What's the update on the missing parcel.

Case has been rectified. Pacakge was lying @ the Post Office for some unknown reason. Had to call them a few times to rearrange delivery.

Good to know bro .. Lesson learnt I guess ... Ask your shipper to insure and do priority always ...

if i want to purchase a item from eBay.com does custom duty charge on item , can anybody gives detailed process of purchase ,thanks

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Yes Customs will be charged. You need to either use shipping services or maybe ask the seller to ship overseas (most dont)

Yes Customs will be charged. You need to either use shipping services or maybe ask the seller to ship overseas (most dont)

can you elaborate how i use shipping services and which shipping services should i use thanks.

Dude bhaisahaab ... seriously.. search a bit and you`ll know, not that convoluted process. Anyway outline..

1. Open account with PPO / HGS / SnS (Paid i guess)

2. You `ll get a US shipping address.

3. Buy from Ebay (any other site) get it shipped on address you get in step 2

3a. You`ll need mostly a paypal account, some seller accept paypal linked to International CC, some don't.

3b. Some seller only ship to confirmed address, that is address linked to paypal billing, so you wont be able to buy from such sellers.

4. Once your package reaches the service chosen in step 1, process varies with each forwarder. HSG lets you consolidate multiple packages, you`ll have to pay only shipping before package is dispatched, customs is collected on delivery. You can also control when is package shipped to you. PPO nowadays provides estimated customs + shipping as soon as package leaves US, you have to pay before you get the shipment. Never used iShop / SnS et. al.

5. Any other doubt, search :P

• Like 3

thanks for info dude

for a mobile worth 3000 then what will be the custom duty .. I'm a new in this so pls

aneeshmbabu I assume you can read English ... have you bothered to glance though this thread? What`s the general idea that you have after doing so ?

• Like 1

#acchedin

Dear Customer

We wish to share the information regarding the clearance of Mobile phones.

The duty rate on mobile phones has increased to 18.18% on the assessable value.

This will be effective on all the shipments with mobile phones arriving into our origin facilities from 23rd May 2015 onwards.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 2

#acchedin

Dear Customer

We wish to share the information regarding the clearance of Mobile phones.

The duty rate on mobile phones has increased to 18.18% on the assessable value.

This will be effective on all the shipments with mobile phones arriving into our origin facilities from 23rd May 2015 onwards.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 2

Got this e-mail from Anuradha. Are PPObox also following this level of custom duty?

A shipment through PPO Box which reached Mumbai on 23rd was charged duty at the rate of 10.3%. Not sure if they are planning to change as well.

SnS has gone to dogs lately. Delhi customs is worse than Mumbai Customs (not that Mumbai is easy, but Delhi customs are worse) when it comes to clearance and valuation of mobile phones and in last one year Sns has not taken any step to revert to Mumbai for clearance.

PPOBox and SnS are biggest competitors, since SnS increased duty rates duty to extra SAD levied by Delhi customs PPOBox also followed suite. As always they didn't give any BOE or clearance documents. I am sure after a week or 10 days PPOBox will also increase rates.

Anybody tried buying from GEB in recent weeks. I'm planning to buy a M8, i suffered few time because of the order cancellations by i2c.