Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Stonecaper

Palm Pixi+ N00B questions

Hi All,

Just Got my Hands on a used PPx+ (Albeit Used - Link) for $55+$10 Shipping:).i must say i am very happy.But I have Some questions -

1.The Phone Gets heated up pretty Quickly.Its not a lot,But it is bad right? What should I Do?

2.My WebOS Version is 1.4.3.is the OTA Update The Only option?Cant It Be done using ant desktop Software? Like Nokia PC Suite Does For nokia phones?

3.of what use Is the NOVACOM driver? I am using W7E x64.The Installation On NOVACOM driver had obviously failed.Using UNI Should Fix it right?

4.The Seller Sent a Chinese Charger :mad: (Input AC90v-240v / Output - DC 4v-8v 400ma Max) .Should I Be Charging With It?I am using my Nokia data Cable to charge It for now

5.Are There any good Cases & Screen guards available With A Good price and free Shipping to India???

6.Can My PPx+ Be connected to my PC in MTP Mode??

TIA

1.The Phone Gets heated up pretty Quickly.Its not a lot,But it is bad right? What should I Do?

It is a problem may be you can check for the programs running in Background and stop the unwanted ones.

2.My WebOS Version is 1.4.3.is the OTA Update The Only option?Cant It Be done using ant desktop Software? Like Nokia PC Suite Does For nokia phones?

You can do so with the help of WOQI and webos doctor

3.of what use Is the NOVACOM driver? I am using W7E x64.The Installation On NOVACOM driver had obviously failed.Using UNI Should Fix it right?

I too am using Win7E 64x and i didnt have any probs with novacom drivers. send me your Mail id shall send you my copy of novacom drivers. you can check it if it works

NOVACOM drivers can be used for using the device in Developer mode this is required for Using WebOS Quick Install (WOQI) this can be used to install a Lot of Applications and other stuffs using a Desktop/ Laptop alternative to OTA

4.The Seller Sent a Chinese Charger :mad: (Input AC90v-240v / Output - DC 4v-8v 400ma Max) .Should I Be Charging With It?I am using my Nokia data Cable to charge It for now

I would suggest you to Charge it with original Cables only, For Make shift Nokia Datacable is Fine.

5.Are There any good Cases & Screen guards available With A Good price and free Shipping to India???

You will find 2-3 sellers on ebay.com who sell 3 - 5 screen gaurds at 1.5 - 3$ including shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3x-Clear-LCD-Screen-Protector-Guard-Film-Palm-Pixi-Plus-/250772207840?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3a633038e0

Cases well you wont get them here in India for shure I had got a Silecon cover along with mine. but frankly it spoils the look of the handset. atleast i felt so

• Like 1

It is a problem may be you can check for the programs running in Background and stop the unwanted ones.

Nothing is running in the background.Normally Its fine but while using the phone for more Than 15 Mins it gets warm

2.My WebOS Version is 1.4.3.is the OTA Update The Only option?Cant It Be done using any desktop Software? Like Nokia PC Suite Does For nokia phones?

You can do so with the help of WOQI and webos doctor

Do You Have a How to guide??

I too am using Win7E 64x and i didnt have any probs with novacom drivers. send me your Mail id shall send you my copy of novacom drivers. you can check it if it works

NOVACOM drivers can be used for using the device in Developer mode this is required for Using WebOS Quick Install (WOQI) this can be used to install a Lot of Applications and other stuffs using a Desktop/ Laptop alternative to OTA

So WOQi is Used to update the phone SW and for that we need the NOVACOm drivers right?

And the Desktop/Laptop alternative to OTA would be WebOS Doctor?

I would suggest you to Charge it with original Cables only, For Make shift Nokia Datacable is Fine.

If i use a Nokia Datacable along with a Micromax USb Charger like this would that be okay??? I am asking this because I have Heard about the voltage difference between US and Indian Electronics (110 vs 220v)

You will find 2-3 sellers on ebay.com who sell 3 - 5 screen gaurds at 1.5 - 3$ including shipping

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a633038e0

Cases well you wont get them here in India for shure I had got a Silecon cover along with mine. but frankly it spoils the look of the handset. atleast i felt so

Still,I am a bit paranoid :) any way to get a Case???

^^^

answer to both your Questions is affermative

Go to Precentral.net and you will find almost all your answers.

however for the webos doctor you will have to search for a post by the Palm Guru Hittesh "Programing Software's" in the Technical Programing section

* Before Doctoring your phone to new version pl backup your current version.

Regards