Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Steps for Converting HTC Incredible 2 into OMH Handset

Super Job sir ,,,,

Now i can have Ultimate fun on my DINC 2 ......

thanks....

Great job Done Sir Please try converting motorola photon as it is also dual network phone

Great Hetal ji... Now good handsets for TATA users also...

@Hetalbhai...

superb achivement :)

Can this be easily activated on Tata? It took me took me a month or so to activate my HTC Touch Pro some 2 years back.

If I understand this correctly - this is a Sim based phone. And when it gets converted into OMH based ruim handset, it should work with OMH Tata Ruim without directly involving Tata officials,something like using OMH Samsung Galaxy POP. Am I interpreting this wrongly?

@ hetal ji ,

SIr after upgrading i m facing the following issues ..

1. My clockrecovery mode is not working , but i manager to get my old rom back ..

2. Now CDMA mode not working i am not able to make any call even *228 not working , DATA is not working , i thought my prl is screwed and again upload it still not able to make *228 ...

please help me out ...

@ simv > please check post no. 18.. parin already tested this with tata..

Amit bhai, it will work with omh tata ruim. You are not wrong. This is a major relief for tata users.

Go ahead.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Hetalbhai,

Is there any system to get Motorola Photon working on OMH Sim

Raju

1. Go to Wireless and CDMA APN - Create new APN Named RConnect UID = MDN / PWD = MDN / Dialup Number #777
  2. Reboot now EVDO or 1X will be Started Automatically
  3. All OMH and Non OMH Card Supported

YOU Can Switch from CN ROM to VerizonW ROM But Never ever play around with ##3282# and ##PST# it will Corrup NV and Phone may go to Bootloop

To Revert to Official GingerBread ROM from Verizon Download http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FBLX0135 the file and Rename it to PG32IMG.zip and Place it on SDCard and flash via Bootloader

Create new APN Named RConnect UID = MDN / PWD = MDN / Dialup Number #777

Will this enable me to use EVDO on both tata indicom and reliance networks?

Also I have read in forums that to enable EVDO the phone must be supported by the network. Since this phone is not in the supported phone list of tata indicom how can i enable EVDO on tata indicom?

Please guide...

Increible 2 will cost you Rs 22000

and it will work in CDMA / For GSM U must have to get Unlocked Code @ 1150

What do you mean by get Unlocked Code @ 1150?

Please tell i m a newbie.

tested

TATA is working

2a5505cc.jpg

00acbf67.jpg

Is EVDO working? If yes, did you have to go to tata indicom centre? What phone did you tell them you have?

Hi Friends,

Has anyone had problems with downloading the 2 RUU's that Hetalbhai has linked in the first post?

I've downloaded both the RUU's twice now, and eaht time when I try to open the zip files I get a message from Winzip that 'file is corrupted' error while downloading. Then the zip file opens and shows nothing in it.

Thanks,

• Thanks 1

@gjp; Winzip will not open the file, while Android will.

@gjp : use 7zip to view the contents of the file... :P

sent from my AnDRoid6300 using tapatalk...

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll try 7zip.

I was able to open the files with 7zip. Hopefully that means the files were not corrupted.

thanks

Edited by gjp

@Rohit:

What do you mean by get Unlocked Code @ 1150?

Please tell i m a newbie. ::: This is for GSM part Unlocked done by Hetalbhai

He meant the unlocked cod for GSM can be obtained for around Rs.1150 (probably from eBay)

Few Updates regarding Inc 2 with OMH :

1. after flashing the chinese rom give by Hetal ji , mobile is now SIM supportable ..

Now some how my mobile is getting EVDO over SIM without putting any CDMA APN and Even GSM 3G also working when i put GSM but u have to put APN .

Now let me explain what i did ..

1. Flashed the ROM given by Hetal ji that made mobile SIM enable .

2. i was having issues with chinese rom look was not good and there was no Market in it ..

3. So what i did installed another ROM without wiping data folder.

4. now mobile is SIM enable due u the radio in built in the chinese rom .

5. I have evdo activated on my no ,, and now getting EVDO via SIM ...

weapon-X

First I must mention, Don't Try to flash Radio from Chinese ROM to Verizon one & Vice-versa. You might end up with NO Radio.

@ weapon-x

Agree with you that Chinese ROM does not have any Google stuff in it. But its available for download as a Extra.

Also Please mention which Custom ROM you used.

And DATA folder is used for storing user data & has nothing to do with Radio flash. Most custom ROM don't flash Radio. Rather I suggest doing DATA folder wipe at-least 2 times so just to make sure your phone does not end up with Boot-Loops.

Gurus Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hetalguru- this step r for all verizon htc incredible 2 or only vivow as mentioned by u

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Thanks Hetal ji...

The attached ROM works, but there are too many included chinese apps. And no google apps.

So I used the following ROM from XDA forum:

Although it's an older version of the same chinese ROM (2.13 as compared to 3.06 in this thread), still it's ok & works like normal out of the box.

I just have one question: If I need to get this SIM unlocked for GSM, can I do that & then switch to CDMA with the chinese ROM. In that case, would I be able to switch between CDMA & GSM by just changing SIM/RUIM? Or is there some other way to ensure both CDMA & GSM compatibility with same or different ROM's.

^^^^ unlock gsm and then mod ur rom. U will have magic set.

Thanks Hetal ji...

The attached ROM works, but there are too many included chinese apps. And no google apps.

So I used the following ROM from XDA forum:

Although it's an older version of the same chinese ROM (2.13 as compared to 3.06 in this thread), still it's ok & works like normal out of the box.

I just have one question: If I need to get this SIM unlocked for GSM, can I do that & then switch to CDMA with the chinese ROM. In that case, would I be able to switch between CDMA & GSM by just changing SIM/RUIM? Or is there some other way to ensure both CDMA & GSM compatibility with same or different ROM's.

ng

Your Phone is already Unlocked

After loading this ROM just insret any SIM/UIM it will work normally