Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Steps for Converting HTC Incredible 2 into OMH Handset

Even I think the same, it seems to be a hardware issue.

And I doubt if it will be repairable :(, will have to check with some hardware repair shop.

Have you tried a Verizon SIM ?? Since its not active, it wont show any coverage. If that also does not work than it 100% hardware issue.

Don't have any Verizon sim with me right now, will try tonight at home. I don't see any possibilities though.....

I have managed to update my Dinc2 to Gingerbread 2.3.3 using the files as posted by Parin. As I had got S-off in Froyo through AlphaRevXBeta (it changes the HBoot version) the S-off is preserved. Now I am unable to root it. If I go into recovery then it just hangs up on me by going into an infinitely long display in the second screen. Also, every time I have to do a battery pull in order to get it to enter the bootloade3r screen. When I did a 2.3.3 upgrade it Bypassed Bootloader and TP. I guess this was due to the original S-off.

Help!!

I suggest you should do following ---

1. Factory Reset your Phone.

2. Flash fresh 2.3.3 Verizon ROM thru hboot (Download link in 1st post by Hetal Ji)

And this Flash should skip boot only. If TP is being skipped than some problem is there.

After you finished this PM me.. :)

I suggest you should do following ---

1. Factory Reset your Phone.

2. Flash fresh 2.3.3 Verizon ROM thru hboot (Download link in 1st post by Hetal Ji)

And this Flash should skip boot only. If TP is being skipped than some problem is there.

After you finished this PM me.. :)

Will try it out. I am now tempted to go straight to the Chinese 2.3.4 which I have downoloaded from XDA. Will a factoryr eset mess up the unlock or the PRL?.

The bootloader page is

----AlphaRevX----

VIVO_W XB SHIP S-OFF RL

HBOOT-6.13.1002

RADIO-1.09.01.0622

Apr 1 2011, 18:34:39

HBOOT

<normal three options>

FASTBOOT

RECOVERY

FACTORY RESET

SIMLOCK

HBOOT USB

IMAGE CRC

Fstboot gets you into the normal options. Today I was able to get it to get to the bootloader without the battery trick!

^ sir, i believe, your dinc2 is MEID registered one for Reliance.. factory reset will definately mess up the prl, but if you're planning to make it OMH, no need to write PRL again..

regarding GSM unlock, after factory reset, gurus may throw some light on it..

Factory Reset won't do anything with Unlock. May be PRL would be reset.

You can dirctly flash to Chinese ROM, But use hboot or fastboot only.

Hi Kapil , Joiee

I am having issue with the Tata CDMA phone in sms. I have an incredible 2 got from tarun ji. Its working on 1x as of now because i am going to change the RUIM with TVH as u explaine up on top. Also i have issue with sms due to the Chinese Rom i guess. When somebody is sending me sms from any number i am getting his letter "D" instead of "0" . Like some sending me massage from 1234567890 phone number, in that case i will get the sms phone number like 123456789D. So every 0 in the phone number is getting change with the letter D. One more example like number 9815035789 will show like 9815D35789 so because of that D i am not able to call back or reply of that number. And i guess this is the issue in the installation or smthing else with Hetel bhai Chinese ROm. SO please help me with this.

Thankx in advance.

You or Tarun ji must have tried removing some Chinese Apps or did cwm backup / restore.

Please note Chinese ROM is very sensitive (Really very sensitive). Don't try removing any stock apps or else you might end up... = ~dead phone....

Hi Kapil , Joiee

I am having issue with the Tata CDMA phone in sms. I have an incredible 2 got from tarun ji. Its working on 1x as of now because i am going to change the RUIM with TVH as u explaine up on top. Also i have issue with sms due to the Chinese Rom i guess. When somebody is sending me sms from any number i am getting his letter "D" instead of "0" . Like some sending me massage from 1234567890 phone number, in that case i will get the sms phone number like 123456789D. So every 0 in the phone number is getting change with the letter D. One more example like number 9815035789 will show like 9815D35789 so because of that D i am not able to call back or reply of that number. And i guess this is the issue in the installation or smthing else with Hetel bhai Chinese ROm. SO please help me with this.

Thankx in advance.

Think it is network issue and not with ROM, similar issue with TI reported earlier also by Sumit ji.

Please note Chinese ROM is very sensitive (Really very sensitive). Don't try removing any stock apps or else you might end up... = ~dead phone....

Thats very right Kapil ji. This Chinese ROM is very sensitive. But that is not a case with Balram ji. He got a fully Chinese bloated phone.

I think He have to get a new OMH Sim and get EVDO activated on that.

I somewhere have a doubt that the problem with my another Dinc2 (which is not detecting SIM) is due to this Chinese Rom.

When I bought the phone, unlocked it and tested GSM unlock. Sim was working fine,

After that I loaded Chinese ROM and tried to remove Chinese Bloatwarre on that. After that the Sim detection failed.

I even got the hardware part checked from repair shops, but everything was fine.

I also reverted to S-On and Stock Froyo, but of no use at all.

So finally getting the MEID regn on Dinc2 for use with CDMA.

Yes.. for Balram might be that only.

Thats why I tell all my people not to remove any Apps.. Only Phone which is working good with Chinese Blotware removed is with Mr. Mazdayar Vatcha. While removing problems came & had to flash phone 3 times... But success finally.

Take Care while flashing... Its not NV here.. its ROM Game....

Right now I am on "Verizon 2.3.3. + Chinese Radio + CM7 7.2.0" on GSM.. working great.. final version 2.3.7.. Wow.... CDMA not tested..

I am also on chinese rom with all the bloatwares completely removed.

Splash screens are also changed with bionic boot and shutdown animation and hence no chinese crap now and its working like a charm.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

^^^

Everyone is not careful while doing it. And its total Luck if its working fine. Enjoy it.

pls upload on some other host....

Megaupload is shut {maybe forever} due to piracy act

I also need the file urgenly, kindly upload it to some other file sharing site.

Thanks

Oh my god , i have given my Droid Incredible 2 for sale yesterday , if i had gone through this post i would have not thought of selling it .And where can we get the CDMA link as Megaupload is down, Hoping someone loads it.

DropBox Link ---

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62296670/PG32IMG_CN_3.06.1401.0_Radio_1_01_50_0817_NV_MFG_CT_2.71.zip

File Name --- PG32IMG_CN_3.06.1401.0_Radio_1_01_50_0817_NV_MFG_CT_2.71.zip, 316.43MB

• Like 2

Hi. I have a stock dinc 2 and want to use it with gsm sim. How should I go about it

Hi. I have a stock dinc 2 and want to use it with gsm sim. How should I go about it

U need to buy unlock code

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-3

post-50837-133256919077_thumb.jpg

Just pm KAPIL ji.. He will try to give unlock code for a Small fee...

Sent from my SAMSUNG captivate glide using Tapatalk

I have a Incredible 2,

HBOOT 0.97.0000

Rom 2.3.3

Wanted to Root and S-off

But stuck at "Waiting for fastboot" in revolutionary...

help plz...

Edited by aankush

^^^

Issue with Drivers. Install latest drivers. And do NOT ask for link. Find it.