Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
feeagle99

Please Suggest Good CDMA Phone To Buy in US

Friends,

I am in US for a short while (so makes no sense to get a phone with contract) and thought of buying a phone on ebay or Amazon. I hope to buy a phone that I can use while in US and also continue to use in India. I hope some of you can help me take a decision. I can choose a service from Verizon(preferred) or Sprint.

I would typically prefer the following for the phone -

1. Ease of use

2. Battery life

3. Inbuilt GPS (no idea if RCDMA supports A-GPS, with inbuilt GPS can store maps and use them when not in network)

4. EVDO capabilities

5. It would be nice if it can talk to exchange servers for e-mail

6. Camera / Video capabilities

How are you going to activate it here, especially EVDO? Just forget about it if you do not have any sources for that. Buy it from any good seller in the Buy/Sell forum. Even if the cost may be higher than what you can get directly from US, it simply isn't worth the hassle of getting it activated yourself.

And what about your budget?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Edited by tarun_kabra

How are you going to activate it here, especially EVDO? Just forget about it if you do not have any sources for that.

I was hoping some of the gurus here like Sadik, Hetal... can help. Also Hetal had posted about making Incredible 2 OMH compatible. Possibly can find someone in Bangalore who can activate it if none of the two options above work out...

And what about your budget?

I don't mind anything till about $350.

^ ^ The CDMA carriers in US - Verizon and Sprint have not adopted OMH standard. So getting an OMH Incredible 2 won't be of any utility to you.

@Karthik R I meant I use the phone as is in US, come back to India, do what Hetal had posted and then buy an OMH card in India. Wouldn't that work if I buy the Incredible 2?