Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

New Business Ideas To Share

We all think many business ideas every now and then, we see latent demand while moving around. Many of those ideas are really way ahead of time and some are really need of an hour but they are not tried by any one.

There are other reasons as well for why all ideas are not converted into business by original thinker as he may not have courage or experience to put idea into practice. Person may be occupied enough in present situation that any new commitment will fail for sure.

Anyways, lets share ideas which we all get, some one might make money and may be awarded for being innovative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first Idea:

Proposal : Lucky draw coupons for small time retailers

Probable customers : Small retailiers

Why : In order to compete big format retailers, small retailers need to be competitive in price, presentation and above all they need to satisfy greed and basic nature of men to get things free. Big format retailers usually offers cash back, vouchers, bundled free stuffs, lucky draw coupons etc.

How : Proposed business sells lucky draw coupon to small time retailer (e.g. Rs. 2 per coupon - please don,t discuss on this, this is just an illustration). In turn retailer offer customer one gift coupon for purchase amount fixed by retailer (It is at discretion of retailer, pan shop may put Rs. 100 and grocery store may give one coupon every Rs. 200)

Proposed business transparently declare to all its customer that they will distribute say 70% of total coupons value in draw. They will spend say 20% in marketing and 10% retained as profit.

End of given period, lucky draw is held and winners declared.

This is just a brief idea. For business one need to expand and develop the idea but as far as my observation is concerned, such concept has latent demand in market as may small time retailers are feeling suffocated due to their inability to offer their customer FREEBIES

There may be certain laws applicable to this business model which I am not aware about. So not mentioned.

• Like 8

great start kalpak. go on

SmartPhones on Lease . . .

I heard that Benz is having a plan to lease out its new car for Rs.15L. After specified period car can be returned to them & . . . . . .

Similarly why not we have sheme for Smartphones? To use & tryout for say three or six months, Collect phone's worth - full money - and after specific period collect back the phone & deduct an amount or exchange for a latest phone for an additional cost or settle with the phone.

Instead of repeated investments on Mobilephones Customers will enjoy with different phones and the sellers can rotate model & their inventory. Win Win situation for both?

win-win-partnership-cartoon.gif

Give a thought on this, possibilities, difficulties, Pros & Cons for both buyers & sellers..

great ideas by kshah & admirer2000.

Any ideas which doesn't need any investments ? (for people like me ;-)

Adding on to what Mr. S.V. Pathy said, I will insert two more clauses for the peace of mind of the seller - the customer should have strong credentials to avail this offer and an one time refundable deposit of Rs.10,000 should be made to the seller. Appropriate amount should be deducted if the phone is returned with unacceptable damages.

Edited by Karthik R

Further to S.V.'s idea, how about TRY BEFORE BUY sort of offer? Where potential buyer pay some amount to try out phone for few days or so.... Such phone remains under circulation from seller till he decide / chose to sell it off at discounted rate.

Protecting phone from damage / collecting deposit are not a great constrains.

There is a huge demand for cleaned, chopped and neatly packed vegetables ready to be coocked in major metro cities, large towns having greater woman working population. Lady of the home is ready to pay a good price premium for this compared to roadside raw vegetable vendor prices as she appreciates the advantage in avoiding this boring daily routine job and devote time saved to more productive activities.

This way of selling vegetables is almost the norm abroad but available at very few places in India. I see only one shop nearby since last 1 year who does this. Every evening around 5, he gets his stocks, everything gets sold off by 7.30. His prices are nearly 50 - 75% more than raw vegetables. Still..

No huge capital or technology requirement but great margins only if someone does not mind a vegetable seller tag.

To calm your ego nerves, it can also be termed as Raw Packaged Food Business in corporate speak.

• Like 1

Anything in agriculture , food processing is potentially 10x in 5 yrs from now...

Growing or selling organic vegetables, exotic veggies ( brocoli, basil, parsley etc)

Rajan .i fully agree with your point.. why vegetables... there is great demand for half cooked roti/chapati/paratha... just take home a pack... heat a liite & ready to eat.

Imported tortillas cost 150 Bucks for 6 -1 0 pieces..! I m sure..ppl will be ready to pay 5 rs each... in metro cities its will not be tough to sell few thousands pieces per day.(conservative approach)

• Like 1

Great thread Kalpak Ji. +1 :)

This thread reminded me about one of the age old thread posted way back in 2005....I think the topic title was something like..."Ideas on how to make money"... A lot of chit chat happened in that thread from Selling recharge coupons to share market business to selling s*x toys :censored: ....lolz.....

Yes, I posted similar thread in past. I have a belief that discusson about new ideas keep brain active. It doesn't matter if none materialize. And who know which idea works where and for whom?

I wish such topics last longer. Some how on rimweb topics dies very soon.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

this requires at least rs. 10-20 lakhs to start up in a single city but there is a demand for AC auto's [3 wheelers] in the top metros:

- all will run on electronic meters [tamper proof]

- charge same rate as non-AC taxis [4 wheelers]

- extra charge per passenger [this is done abroad - US$1/passenger]

- surcharge per bag

- roof luggage carrier for extra baggage

- surcharge for printed receipt [e.g., rs. 5]

- fees for cards [e.g., 3-4%]

- choice to run meter in AC or non-AC mode [same as normal auto rates]

why is this needed?

1. constant hikes in fuel prices have meant most auto & taxi will lose money if run by current meter rates which have been fixed for a few years

2. passengers are denied / refused causing more conflict and police / RTO complaints

3. govt has not put in place an automatic raise of rs. 1/km annually to cover fuel price hikes and is unlikely to anytime soon

4. huge demand near train stations and smaller one near bus stands for shorter routes [1-2 km]

Further to S.V.'s idea, how about TRY BEFORE BUY sort of offer? Where potential buyer pay some amount to try out phone for few days or so.... Such phone remains under circulation from seller till he decide / chose to sell it off at discounted rate.

'Try b4 Buy' - seems to be a good idea.

AllSellGurus why don't you try this?

There is a huge demand for cleaned, chopped and neatly packed vegetables ready to be coocked in major metro cities, large towns having greater woman working population. Lady of the home is ready to pay a good price premium for this compared to roadside raw vegetable vendor prices as she appreciates the advantage in avoiding this boring daily routine job and devote time saved to more productive activities.

This way of selling vegetables is almost the norm abroad but available at very few places in India. I see only one shop nearby since last 1 year who does this. Every evening around 5, he gets his stocks, everything gets sold off by 7.30. His prices are nearly 50 - 75% more than raw vegetables. Still..

No huge capital or technology requirement but great margins only if someone does not mind a vegetable seller tag.

To calm your ego nerves, it can also be termed as Raw Packaged Food Business in corporate speak.

Chopped vegetables & fruits business is been successfully run by A.P.Mani & Sons since many years. They started on small scale and today are supplying to many hyper/super markets.

Their website link is - http://www.apmaniandsons.in

Edited by amit.shah

'Try b4 Buy' - seems to be a good idea.

AllSellGurus why don't you try this?

So Nokia LUMIA is available on trial basis right?

As in buy and return with no questions asked if you dont like it..

hi everybody

i know dis is not a very appropriate platform to ask for dis but i felt dat no stone should be left unturned n also i felt people might prove to be helpful here as people in dis forum share a rare closeness

anyways back to the topic

can anybody suggest me a good business

i m ready to invest around 1cr to start with

my interests are electronics/telecom

even other fields i dont mind if returns r gud

smthing related to imports would be favourable

pls guys help me out if anybody can

i hv done my pg in international mkting from delhi university

• Like 1

i have a bunch of ideas for ecommerce sites / mobile apps but they require about rs. 5-10 lakhs EACH as capex upfront and will take at least 1-2 years to become sustainable [cash flow positive]:

1. registry for aspiring actors like they have abroad so they can upload their portfolio for review by various agencies
  2. multiple classified posting - which allows you to put up your ad on the top dozen free sites for india instead of going to each one individually
  3. mobile apps for used car valuations so you can check how much a dealer might be trying to overcharge you at the lot itself rather than going home to check multiple sites [ios & android]
  4. home delivery / ordering apps for any place that you usually call up currently [ios & android]
  5. app for gift certificates for any store that's willing to sell them online [ios & android]

there's actually no limit but your imagination really

i have vendors and project managers lined up for these but never started since i was too lazy to start looking for funding:

• you would have to spend a lot of time jumping through hoops for each investor
  • you will have to get rejected dozens of times before ever finding one
  • also need to provide completely meaningless business projections which are wild guesses
  • some would even want you to give up control / design decisions / feature set / scope as a condition
  • its always much harder than you can imagine to get any angel investors in your venture
  • its difficult to find a silent partner who will give you the time needed to fully mature your concept and test it

its clear in my head how to build great sites / apps but if they will make any profits is very hard to predict

or even provide deadlines / timeframes to reach specified thresholds / benchmarks financially

• Like 4

We all think many business ideas every now and then, we see latent demand while moving around. Many of those ideas are really way ahead of time and some are really need of an hour but they are not tried by any one.

There are other reasons as well for why all ideas are not converted into business by original thinker as he may not have courage or experience to put idea into practice. Person may be occupied enough in present situation that any new commitment will fail for sure.

Anyways, lets share ideas which we all get, some one might make money and may be awarded for being innovative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IDEA FOR TOLL COLLECTION BY USING MOBILE PHONE

Attached idea is for expanding usage capability of a mobile phone (like internet, mobile banking, m-check etc), for TOLL collection at most of the toll roads in India. Like Express highway between A'bad - Baroda, between Delhi - Gurgaon, between Delhi - Noida. etc.

Many of you who have traveled thru' this route find that there is a long queue @ the toll collection area which has many problems like (1) wastage of time of individuals (2) fuel wastage problem (3) handling money @ toll booth (4) record keeping of vehicles @ the toll booth etc.

Basic philosophy is given below, but more detailed presentation is available here >>> http://goo.gl/DBb9S

1) install micro mobile towers at each toll booth at the entry point.

2) whoever travels by car / other vehicle will mostly carry a mobile hence micro mobile tower will capture that cell number & toll charges will be reduced from his prepaid balance / or added in bill of post paid.

3) Multiple mobile phones (due to 2 or more people inside the car) or car is now owned by the driver << all such issues will be taken care by instant generation of database by capturing photographs & linking mobile phone number with each of this vehicle.

This idea / concept has many advantages compare to existing paper based tickets or advanced system like RFID tag etc (since in this concept common people / users don't have to buy RFID tag or any other article. Just recharging the mobile phone will be sufficient.

Business potential is huge, but individuals can not take up this directly, as it is a big infrastructure thing & companies involved in such kind of business can take up this.

PS : This was in the list of top 10 idea in my MNC's India innovation contest, where I work. That was in April 2011. I am posting here now, in 2013 & laziness is the only answer..

Hope you find it interesting..

regards,

• Like 2