Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ashoksoft

Handset Not Detected By Computer Epic 4G And Htc Wildfire

Hi all,

After ages, I've stumbled upon a problem that's kinda bugging me to the core. Normally a day's search on google - and ask guru mode normally helps - but this time it has not - so looking for ideas and suggestions.

When I connect my epic to a computer using USB cable, on the phone I get "Charging", " Mass Storage" or "Tether" options - and the phone gets on charging automatically. If I choose tether or Mass storage - NOTHING happens on the computer.

I've checked the device manager - no new devices found, none under ports, modems, USB devices - NO new devices at all! I've even checked for hidden devices.

Then I tried connecting another micro USB cable - again nothing detected. Tried using a different computer, (I have a cyber cafe .. so tried on WinXP, win 2k, win 7, linux (ubuntu and jolicloud) - with different micro USB cables too ... no luck anywhere! btw a spare HTC incredible lying around works fine with BOTH the microUSB's - and well!

The phone is not even detected when I turn off, press 1 and the power button to put in the download mode (0din). I've practically tried everything possible - except changing the microUSB slot on the phone (which I doubt is the concern since it charges fine).

Any ideas or suggestions what could be the reason (to complicate matters worse, I have an HTC wildfire with exactly the same symptoms! :( )

PS : If i choose Mass Storage, the phone shows - connecting ... then connected. But the computer somehow decides to ignore the phone :(

try changing PSC||.apk file in system>apps

It may work but good enough to give a try

Will post the link to get psc file later.

What android version and which rom are you on?

gimme the file ... can try (though I doubt it will help since even in download mode (1+power) for 0Din when the android OS is not even booted into - the phone is not detected.

Currently on SyndicateROM frozen with Genocide voodoo kernel

android : 2.2.1 on baseband EC05

Can't upgrade Baseband since 0Din can't communicate with the phone

k. Did you try in ms toggle mode in recovery?

recovery is 3.1.0.1 - u talking about mounts there ? no options to toggle anything here mate

not about mounts.

In recovery there should be an option to connect the phone to pc.

In some recoveries its called usb toggle mode.

m sorry m not having fascinate so not much idea about your recovery.

Its there even in clockworkmod.

If it gets connected in recovery then problem may with rom files and psc.apk might help otherwise no clue buddy.

Edited by mfaiz2

Tried the USB mount in CWM - No luck mate ! :) thanks for the help anyway

Please ensure drivers are installed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=10641473&postcount=5 - 32 bit drivers

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=10664429&postcount=7 - 64 bit drivers

Do not plug the phone into an auxilary port on the front of your PC use the ports in the back.

Is your epic just getting charged and not getting detected by pc ??

Get your Usb checked its possible that your micro Usb pins have blown out ( specifically line resposible to connect to PCB to pc )

I had same issue on one of my phones and i got it fixed

Go to manish market 1st floor and get micro Usb checked they will fix it in few hrs

Yes, probably its bad cable.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using tapatalk.

Dial ##8778# and Select PDA in USB Section that's pay be the problem

of Else your Phone Port is Broken Inside U have to re-solder it carefully by experts

• Like 1

I dont think its the cable ....don't know why we blame cable

This is how I check for bad USB

-connect phone to PC ...if you hear a ding sound then USB is OK

- if you don't hear ding sound then phone USB is culprit

I faced the same problem.

Using original BlackBerry cable solved my problem.

I face a non detection problem, actually partial detection problem, on my Win 7 32 bit. The detection rate is much higher on my Win 7 64 bit. Though I am never confident that the PC will detect, lots of struggle to get USB working. Surely it is a Samsung problem, which they ought to fix.

Not an usb issue since no "ding" hehehe... most likely a phone issue. I'm thinking of taking it to a place dr. Mufaddal suggested, will keep everyone posted of the outcome :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

once i took my htc incredible to Manish market & they screwed my phone.

So better beware and give it in correct hands, many good technicians have moved out from MM.

Maybe Dr. Muffadal be in a position to advise you someone in specific to go to...

be careful to whom you are giving your phone. i have seen each and every repairwalla jumping on the phones that are not easily available in India. its better to try first at samsung service centre or someone whom you know.

Manish market, wonder gallery , 2nd floor,

Hmmm......Ashok Bhai....you can hear DING sound when you connect the cable.....but can you hear the DONG sound when you pull out the cable ? Woh kya hai na bhai proper DING DONGdisco%20dance.gifhone ka jaroori hai. Lolz.... J/k. :P

It surely seems to be an issue with micro Usb pins on your handset. Toh bhai Manish Market jaker kya faydaa ? Khud he operation ker dalo. :)

I know you can do it yourself.....as I read about some of your mobile operations in your age old threads. :)

Manish market, wonder gallery , 2nd floor,

He is the guy (Govind) who screwed my incredible... I strongly advise not to go to this guy...

noted.

KARKI there is a guy in 3g coti team you may know him his name is Moin Shaikh and he is well connected to manish market as his cousin owns a shop over there. You can talk to him he might point you the right guy If you want I can give you Moin's number. Bt I m quite sure you know him...

Dial ##8778# and Select PDA in USB Section that's pay be the problem

Initially I had problem in connecting my newly acquired EPIC 4G to PC, after doing the settings as per the above set method its communicating now.

Thanks Hetal.

I struglled a lot with this problem, changed the default usb connector and problem solved. The original epic usb connector have problem and more often computer fail to recognize.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

its a phone issue after all .. have nearly 15 different micro USB cables (that came with various devices / chor bazaar visits where i buy cables left right and center :P) - none work ... PDA in USB checked... i'll sync with Moin.