Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Reliance Bank

anilambani.jpg

Reliance Capital mulling bonus, banking entry: Anil Ambani

Reliance Capital could consider a bonus issue and make an entry into the banking sector even as it hopes to conclude soon a 26-percent stake sale in its life insurance arm to Japan's Nippon Life Insurance, chairman Anil Ambani said Tuesday.

"Banking is a new growth opportunity. We will evaluate opportunities to enter this high growth sector and are keeping track of all regulatory developments on this front," the group chairman told the annual general meeting of Reliance Capital here.

"Significant under-penetration of financial products and services in India will continue to create immense opportunity for our growth. We will expand our asset management group in emerging markets and grow our wealth management and private equity business."

The financial power will be named Reliance Bank.

Relying to a question from the floor, he also said that the request of shareholders for a bonus issue will be sent to the company's board, which can decide accordingly.

Ambani said in its first value-unlocking transaction, Reliance Capital had signed a definitive agreement with Nippon Life Insurance to sell 26 percent stake in Reliance Life Insurance earlier this year, subject to regulatory approvals.

The money from the proceeds -- an estimated Rs.3,000 crore -- will help in restructuring the company's debt, the chairman added.

The company has also signed a pact with Nippon Life for collaboration opportunities and strategic partnerships in all Reliance Capital-promoted financial businesses earlier this month, he said.

According to him, Reliance Capital was now India's top non-banking finance company with net worth of nearly Rs.8,000 crore, having over 20 million customers, 8,000-plus offices and a pool of over 18,000 men and women as its human capital.

"We are also pleased that the growth has been achieved in an entirely organic fashion. Our strategy is now to unlock value from all our major businesses for the benefit of our 1.3 million shareholders."

Courtesy : The Times of India

Sorry Anil , I am not gona open account in your so called BANK !!! No-1 cheater

Now auto-VAS activations and balance deductions also in Bank-accounts....

It's a long way to go for new banking licenses. RBI has been very conservative on this subject and extremely slow in clarifying the proposed guide line. That may be a good thing actually for the stability of the banking sector.

Blimey, bank account with an ADA controlled bank? No sire, not even in my nightmares. :nono:

its not like pvt banks are great bastions of trust - hdfc & icici cheat you at every opportunity unless you are very vocal and vigilant about charges

Banking with Reliance! Ha ha haha :D I barely trust them with prepaid money, no chance I would be banking with them!

its not like pvt banks are great bastions of trust - hdfc & icici cheat you at every opportunity unless you are very vocal and vigilant about charges

HDFC yes

ICICI no

I was a customer of HDFC for 5 years and still am of ICICI for 12 years.but ADA BANK - no way

Edited by commonman

Shocking, Lols, If a survey is being conducted and keeping in mind the reponses of the above members; More than 75% Public will not use Reliance Bank.

But one thing I tell you, These ADAG will do something like which will induce us to open account in there bank, by way of giving amazing offers (Remember Rs.501 scheme when they entered telecom).

They know how to get them treated by us...Lols.

Sahi kaha Amitji,,,,,,,,,

Sab yaha comment karne wale Reliance ki Burai karte hai but no one wants to leave Reliance including me

:lol2:

But banking is a Complete Diff Sector & Cannot be compared to Telecom Sector

I don't think people will like to change bank frequently or managing two there banks... as most of the current operating banks are linked for so many incoming & outgoing transactions, its tough for one to close an existing account.

So ADAG is very late to join this Sector

HDFC yes

ICICI no

I was a customer of HDFC for 5 years and still am of ICICI for 12 years.but ADA BANK - no way

What did HDFC do to you?

I am banking with HDFC for 6 years, and my experience is very pleasant. I have a salary account, so 0 balance is allowed. But rest services are good. ICICI and SBI are two banks anyone should be very wary of.

Most pvt banks usually don't play tricks on salary and big corporate accounts... They usually play on individual SB and SME ct accounts...

Reliance Bank... never... :nerves:

I do not trust Reliance brand any more, they will have to go through a name change before i start using any of their services

they should name it "BIG" Bank.. :unsure:

HDFC salary a/c is good,

Not knowing about SB a/c.

But ICICI SB never cheat, i am customer from last 7 years