Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ramtech

Lost Mobile with Mobile Tracker activated - Please Help To Find

Dear friends

I have lost my Karbonn dual mobile on 26th sept. I have activated mobile tracker , phone lock( asks password when switched on) and sim pins. I have deactivated sims so there is no problem of misuse. But i need data and contacts

Person who has found phone has switched on phone and changed 2 sims. As mobile tracker is activated now i got numbers of two inserted sims along with few codes MCC, MNC, LAC and CELL ID.

I did not call the numbers because afraid person may not be willing to return the phone

I have with bill ,box and IMEI numbers

Please suggest me how to get the phones

Thanks in advance

^^^

You should file a complain for your lost mobile in the nearest police station....and tell them the numbers which had been activated on your mobile after it was lost. They can easily track the person who is now your mobile.

There are chances that you can get your mobile back but no guarantee for the data & contacts as the person could had deleted the same by now.

@ramesh

In such scenerios, please do not wait.

File complaint immediately with the nearest police station and they will forward the case to their cell-track div which is there in almost every major city.

If you are the lawful owner, there is a very good chance that the phone will be restored to you.

But if data is the only concern then as Kamal ji said, the chances are very bleak, since these theives usually delete very bit of data and do a factory reset and then try to sell to unsuspecting customers at dirt prices.

yesterday complained in the police station

But they have told there are very less chances of recovery almost nil. When checked the address based on the number it is located different district 500kms away from my location.

And they dont have access to track user based on cell tower. And it is cumbersome process to get the details from operator for police also.

POlice is telling that they getting many complains like this but recovery is not possbile.

So I think there is no use for mobile tracker feature in any mobile. Even if we get user number we can not get back mobile unless other person is honest and willing to return

Yes we have honest and I shall ask him to return set. Honest please return if you have it.

Mine experience with tracker is bad I lost 5500 sport from nokia

That time I didn't knew honest. Lol

Poor Honest, why drag him into this whole discussion? :)

Yes we have honest and I shall ask him to return set. Honest please return if you have it.

Nahi yaar......bahut mushkil se haath laga hai.....ek dum badhiya condition mein hai.....mai toh wapas deney wala nahi hu Ramesh bhai ko..... :P

Poor Honest, why drag him into this whole discussion? :)

Not Poor Rahul Bhai.....but Dil se Rich (Rich from Heart)......Genius is my Chacha Ji.....and he has all "RIGHTS" to DRAG me. :P.... Yeh Chacha-Bhatije ka maamla hai...... :P

Ramesh Bhai, in all you can try calling the number which is now activated on your handset.....if the person is REALLY HONEST like me....then there are 100% chances that you get back your handset..... Miracles do happens my dear friend. :)

:previous:

I called the numbers many times and from different numbers. But other person is not responding.unwilling to return handset

^^^

You can try your last chance by sending an sms to that number....telling that you are going to file a police complaint against him....just ask him politely either to return the handset or face the consequencies. Chances are rare....but bhai try karne mein kya jaata hai. Just try. :)

I don't understand why the police are reluctant to help in this matter Why should it matter them whether the address is 500kms away or more It is their duty to act on your FIR.

The police gives ads in newspaper that we should have our IMEI number so that they can get the mobile back or atleast help in blocking it then they should do as they have committed in their ads or try going to a senior police officer like Commissioner or ACP

Today one of my family member lost low cost CDMA handset so my brother went to reliance store in mumbai to get new sim card,the reliance store person told to make a FIR & then only he can get new sim.Now to make a FIR it takes costs 200\250Rs.

I don't understand y is it compulsory to register a FIR?Previously it was not so...

^^^

Hmmmm.......registering FIR to cost 200 / 250 bucks ? :doh: It is a free service, they can't charge you for registering an FIR.

By the way, you can try your luck at a different Reliance Store. May be they can issue a new sim without FIR if they found the person genuine with original documents in hand.

I had requested a new sim for my stolen number at reliance gallery , after showing my original documents they handed over me new sim easily.

Well

^^^

Hmmmm.......registering FIR to cost 200 / 250 bucks ? :doh: It is a free service, they can't charge you for registering an FIR.

By the way, you can try your luck at a different Reliance Store. May be they can issue a new sim without FIR if they found the person genuine with original documents in hand.

I had requested a new sim for my stolen number at reliance gallery , after showing my original documents they handed over me new sim easily.

Well kamal bhai my bro said tht a year back one of his frnd went to police station to get a FIR copy,there a constable asked chai paani & 100rs was given...

neways just now got a new sim by paying Rs200 to a local mobile dealer who had some contacts with reliance officials & mobile got activated..

there should be some change in the rule..

^^^

About 2-3 weeks back, my son's mobile phone was stolen. I complained at the PS and a FIR was regd. Next I went to the WW and asked for a new SIM, I gave a letter asking them to block my number (this was also done on the phone with CC). They returned the letter duly signed and sealed. They also gave me a new SIM which costed me a princely sum of Rs 4 only. (you read it right - Rs 4 only) I was asked to submit a id and add proof, no photos reqd. All done within 15 minutes max. The only hitch was the new SIM took all of 3 days and 2 more visits to the WW to get activated, because of a defect in the SIM and nothing else. The PS officer did not ask me for any chai or paani also. He gave my son a very long lecture on the merits and demerits of having a mobile phone. His son is studying in 3rd year college and he has still not bought him a mobile as it is prone to getting stolen/lost/misplaced etc etc (maybe this was a ruse to making me finance his son's mobile a little bit, but I did not pay any attention at all and he did not pester me any more)

I have since submited all the papers to the insurance company for claim. Lets see the outcome of the insurance claim. Since the mobile was bought from Univercell, it was insured also - ofcourse for an additional 3% of the cost. Hopefully, we will get back atleast 50 to 65% of the cost through insurance, which will come in the form of a credit voucher - to be used for adjusting againsta new buy at Univercell. I do not know if I can use the voucher for buying from elsewhere - once I get it, i will be enlightened enough in that also. Lets see how it goes.

• Like 2

My father has lost his Samsung s239 :(

the mobile tracker is not on.

i have the bill with the imei/esn no.

i have mailed reliance to block the number and it is in process..

how do i block the phone? will filing a FIR help, will our hopeless police do something?

or should i contact reliance , tata docomo, and mts on my own to block the phone? can these companies help in recovery of the phone?