Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
lucky.suhail

What Is R-UIM Upgarde On Samsung Galaxy POP CDMA?

Hi ALL,

I have Samsung galaxy pop (CDMA) handset, and every time when i restart my phone, there is a notification message appear on this phone i.e. "Please upgrade R-UIM, in order to obtain data services on your phone". So anybody can help me out of this, that how's it could be resolved, and am not able to access data services my phone yet. Is it required to replace my current SIM Card with OMH SIM card, is both of different, if yes then differ in what sense ?

^^^^

You need to upgrade your RUIM to OMH... Ordinary RUIM has NO settings for data, whereas OMH has... And OMH handsets doesn't comes with data settings in-built... So obviously with ordinary RUIM (with NO DATA settings) it can't access net and it needs OMH RUIM....

• Like 1

yes omh = normal sim with data settings commonly called diamond logo sim

Yes OMH is CDMA sim. Its just an eye wash. OMH has split PRL so it saves oprator from evdo exploitation, that's the only diference in normal and omh ruim. Technically both can have data settings.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

:previous:

what is is the role of "evdo", is it required for data uses in CDMA Mobile phones ?

Yuppie.. evdo in cdma=3g in gsm. Pls Google for rest of info..

Yes OMH is CDMA sim. Its just an eye wash. OMH has split PRL so it saves oprator from evdo exploitation, that's the only diference in normal and omh ruim. Technically both can have data settings.

can we access data with non OMH ruim if we put correct setting in OMH mobile phone like galaxy pop cdma............

RECUG series equivalent to Diamond sim. Please let me know

never heard of this series.. its either RECRUC or RGERUC.. yes, both are diamond SIMs or commonly known as OMH SIMs.