Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
gjp

Root Access Problems on HTC Incredible 2

Hi Friends,

I'm having ROOT Access/SU problems. I need to change some files in the root/System/ directory.

I have Incredible 2 with Stock Verizon Rom.

I Rooted and S-OFF my Inc2 with revolutionary.io (http://revolutionary.io) and installed the Superuser.apk

The revolutionary root process was successful and I got root access.

I have Titanium Backup, Root Check, BusyBox Installer installed. All require Root access to run properly and they do.

I installed Root Explorer today and I am able to change from R/O to R/W and back on the root directory. On the SDCard I am able to R/O and R/W as well. But when I go to the System directory I cannot change from R/O to R/W.

I tried this on my rooted Incredible 1 and was successfully able to remount the System directory from R/O to R/W and back. (Inc1 was rooted with Unrevoked)

Also connected to the Inc2 from my PC (winXP) via ADB. ADB Devices command shows my device. When in ADB Shell the default profile is $. When I type in SU I get back the "SU:permission denied" I do not get a prompt from Superuser on the phone to give access.

This same problem with ADB I have on both Inc1 and Inc2.

I'm not sure what went wrong where, since some of the root access is working. Any suggestions? Help?

Thanks,

ghanshyam

Keep Fighting Bro.. :boxing:

Check the link I sent you by mail. don't know much about HTC, But seems like superuser.apk issue.

get su zip and install from recovery and u r done

Is the SU.ZIP specific to each phone? Can I use the same su.zip for the Inc1 (rooted via Unrevoked) and Inc2(rooted via revolutionary.io)?

And the su.zip is different than su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip file that I have alreadu flashed to the phones?

Edited by gjp

Hi,

for inc 2, please try the following su, specifically for inc 2 :-

http://goo-inside.me/superuser/su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip

source :- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1219246

su should be same cant say, but not sure, as i have faced problem in updated su.

I had rooted and used su.2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip originally, this is the one that I had problems with, even with updated binaries.

I would not get r/w on system directory in Root explorer, or # in adb shell.

I updated the Superuser (by cchainsdd) via the App Market to version 3.0 and updated the binaries seperately. This solved the adb shell issue. I can now get # in adb shell for the Inc2.

I still cannot get r/w on the system directory in rootexplorer, this might be a rootexplorer issue or i may have to reflash my original rom backup and try again.

regards,

Edited by gjp

There is a group of files under rmk-root-setup-vivow in a zip file which should be installed.It is just under 4MB. If you PM me I cam e-mail this file to you. I had used this on my Inc-2 (froyo) after using AlphaRevX and had no problems.

Search for 'Superuser' in Market. Install / Update Superuser on your Rooted phone. After its updated, You open it & soon you will get a notification that Binary files are not updated. Once you click update, it will download the latest Binary Files & Busybox.

Try installing root Explorer again after completing above process.

PM sent. I think this is the same patch/files as in this http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1160745

Precisely. I had sent you the file. What is the current status-are you having SU access. Basically, AlpharevX or Revolutionary just give you s-off. So the rest of the stuff has to be installed separately. This is unlike z4root in Samsung.

Why I am asking is that I fixed Froyo S-off and you are on Gingerbread.

SU access is fixed.

The su version 3.0.x should be used with Inc2 on Gb2.3.x. If you are running an earlier version, upgrade the app via android market and be sure to also udate the binary files after upgrading the apps (to update binaries launch the su app and go into settings for the app)

I has installed su.2.3.6.3-efgh which was giving me some problems.