Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nikme

Motorola Photon OTA Update Problem

Motorola photon users don't install the OTA update available for photon build

Number 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_5. As this update wil kill your wifi you won't be able to turn your wifi on when in gsm mode.only wifi will work in airplane mode.

This is because with this update sprint installs a programme which kills your wifi when you are not on there network so beware and people who have no technical idea won't be able to make wifi work again .if it has happened with anyone will post the solution too.

Just buy the Photon SPC Code from eBay

and Put RUIM Mode from NVitem to RUIM Only the device will neevr see Sprint Network and WIFI wil work OKAY

Thanks hetal bhai but what I did is I rooted.the phone and killed the sprint process named sprintomadm

And my wifi works normally and can you please suggest.me any ebYer or ebay link who can give me spc cod

e for motorolA photon and how much will it charge.

I got an OTA update for the same and mistakenly downloaded it. Now it is has been downloaded but I have not installed it. However every now and then it gives me a pop up and asks to install the update. I know eventually it would be updated as I may mistakenly click on install as the pop up comes every now and then. Is there a way to disable the popup so that I do not install that update....

I found a workaround at XDA the post goes like this

Just try for errors. I used root explore to edit the file "build.prop" in the system folder. Changed the Blur version to a large number (much larger than a practical one) and also change the rdf link information to an invalid one, as follows.

ro.mot.hw.uaprof=http://uaprof.motorola.com/phoneconfig/MotoMB999/profile/MotoMB999.rdf

ro.build.version.full=Blur_Version.99.9.9.MB855.Sp rint.en.US

Then you need to reboot and wipe your cache with CM. After did so, the OTA update windows has never popped up so far and I won't even get the OTA update through the setting menu. But not sure if these edits will cause other issues, so you may try at your risk.

Source http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1270517

Gurus what do you think is it worth a try as the pop up to install the downloaded update pops up after every two hours and is really getting on my nerves. :ranting:

Finally I have the update off my A$$ oops i meant my phone :D . All credit goes to muffi (Dr. Mufaddal). I tried n number of things to get rid of this update. I literally read the whole xda to get some hint. But all of the remedies were post the update. In my case I had just downloaded the update and not installed it.

So as per muffi i rooted my phone which was quite easy (you don't even need a computer you can do that on your phone itself). then installed clockwork recovery did a backup and then wiped the cache partition (I almost pissed in my pants when it said that the changes can't be undone :doh:) I had the backup so it was least of my problems. And tada the downloaded update was removed from my phone. And i went back to check if I can get the update if I want to and yes it did show me that there was a ota available but this time I hit the cancel button :Sorprendido: .

I am happy that I am off this mess or else it would had killed my wifi on gsm and I am not sure if it does the same on cdma.

But what hurts me is that if you see this thread it is like I am the only one who is asking questions and then updating new work around and finally answering the problem myself. I am sure there are way to many people on this forum using photon and to many gurus who may know the answer to this.

This is a great place and I have seen instances were members helped people who had just signed up. At least I am a part of this forum for quite sometime now though a non contributing one. Maybe it was my bad.

Anyhow guys with photon if you have any doubts regarding rooting installing clockwork recovery or any damm thing that I can help you with please let me know I will be more than happy to help you. After all I am too a noob and love this forum :wub:.

P.S I am sorry if I did hurt someone it was purely unintentional.

Why update number is so low? Mine is showing 4.5.1A_1_SUN-198_6

Wifi is working perfectly.

Kalpak bhai mine is 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_MR-1 and I guess it is the oldest. Btw have you updated it or was it out of the box version for you. And I am sure your wifi is working fine on gsm and cdma?

Wifi is working fine on gsm. And it was almost out pf box as I bought mint condition phone

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Sir I have big time issues with this phone. I am unlucky to be one of the users facing the known ghost call issue. At times my phone does not have any sound whatsoever while making or receiving calls. My phone also restarts a few time due to this issue.

Also my evdo gets stopped at times I had none of these issues with my htc incredible. Can you tell me if you have any cdma option under network mode or is it something else. Also what other settings do you have on your phone for network mode.

Are you able to make conference calls through cdma as it asks me to add a new call and merge it which does not conference the calls. Finally I have no choice left but to update the phone's firmware which will kill the wifi. Please let me know what you think.....

@Mujeeb you are on 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_MR-1 and need to perform three updates to get to the latest version mentioned by Kshah. First is a 19Mb update then 7Mb at last a sizable 56Mb one.

Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Update Motorola Software.

Go it mate thanks you are right it is giving me the 2 nd ota update after i installed the first one. But I had an issue wherein I was not able to download the first update so I i flashed a recovery from past with the update downloaded to the phone and installed it.

Now phone is working awusum just that I am not able to download the senod update but the best part is the wifi is working on both cdma and gsm.

Can you tell me what are other other two update about. Also please tell me how do you do a conference call on cdma.

Thanks.

The update brings a few bug fixes and one notable feature : Google Talk with Video support. Other than

that, it's a pretty bland update -

1. Lapdock support

2. Enhancements to image appearance when pictures are taken in panorama mode

3. Forwarded messages are properly identified as being forwarded

4. Improved audio quality with car speakers when connected to a car charger and audio

5. Introduction of international roaming 3G UMTS hotspot functionality for a single Wi-Fi enabled

Edited by Karthik R

Bro all iz well after this 3 updates. Btw I was able to update it using office wifi. But still I am unable to do conference calls using cdma as you know in cdma you have to dial the number and then hit the 2 then call again. I am unable to do tht using photon dialer

try Go dialer for call confrencing in cdma..

sent from my AnDRoid6300 using tapatalk...

Aalok I have tried tht too as it is my personal favorite. But again after you dial the first number it will take you to moto stock dialer. So again you are struck...

ohh.. isn't there any option to make Go Dialer default.. ? just like we have in Droid Incredible..

by the way, conferencing is the only concern why i'm sticking to Droid Incredible :P

Kalpak JI I am also on 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_5... I f I update to the one you are using (4.5.1A_1_SUN-198_6), whether WiFi will continue to work in GSM also??? Yes, I am using Photon as GSM phone only... Thanks...

Will check and post tomorrow

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Kalpak JI I am also on 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_5... I f I update to the one you are using (4.5.1A_1_SUN-198_6), whether WiFi will continue to work in GSM also??? Yes, I am using Photon as GSM phone only... Thanks...

WiFi works for me on GSM on 4.5.1A_1_SUN-198_6

New software update has been put up which addresses all the current issues faced. I have updated and wifi works on GSM.

Nikhil

Kartik is it an update after the 3 updates that were available earlier. Also while I was on 4.5.1A_1_SUN-198_6 the wifi was working on GSM. Btw any one with success on call conferencing or has any one tried any custom roms. Please update your experiences if any so that we may too try it. I know about an alien rom which is quite similar to the motoblur rom. So I did not flash it. Also I am ready to try any rom which may help with call conferencing.

Updated to 2.3.4-4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_7-CM 10/24/11 latest SBF. So far so good will review it and keep posted. If any one is intrested to try it out you can visit http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1202666

Fyi- Guys you will need the prl file for reliance and nv dump as we have to use the rsd full wipe method but the data on internal memory and sd card remains inact. But do take the backup of apps as well as contacts and sms also you will lose the root (no big deal).

Updated to 2.3.4-4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_7-CM 10/24/11 latest SBF. So far so good will review it and keep posted. If any one is intrested to try it out you can visit http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1202666

Fyi- Guys you will need the prl file for reliance and nv dump as we have to use the rsd full wipe method but the data on internal memory and sd card remains inact. But do take the backup of apps as well as contacts and sms also you will lose the root (no big deal).

I had this EVDO issue of getting disconnected frequently, will this update help me to overcome the issue ?