Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vbhisey

iPhone 4S Launched!

The iPhone 4S was launched at the Apple HQ about half an hour ago. The wildly speculated iphone 4S was rumored to be called iphone 5, but was finally launched as iPhone 4S

Quick specs:

dual core A5 chip

8 Megapixel camera

Same display

GSM+CDMA (this should interest more than a few people here!)

Better battery life (up to 10 hours of video, 6 hours of 3G browsing)

Same upload speed, but better download speeds (up to 14.4 Mbps)

1080p HD recording

This is what has already been revealed. May be more. I'm going to sleep now!

Vishwas

Here is the live picture got from Mashable. Looks like we arent getting any iphone 5, and the sad part is same design as old iphone 4.

Siri is the best feature!

How it is different from Google voice?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

First Apple iPhone 4S camera samples surface, look stunning

The Apple iPhone 4S might not have been the update everyone was expecting, but it certainly delivers well on the camera front. Not only is this the fastest camera around, but it also promises to do some of the most impressive photos you have seen.

As Tim Cook boldly claimed "To many customers this will be the best still camera they've ever owned and the best video camera they've ever owned.". Now to say such things for a camera that fits in a 9.3mm body is probably pushing it, but the 8 megapixel snapper with bright f/2.4 lens certainly sounds promising. Even more so, knowing that the iPhone 4 was one of the best 5 megapixel shooters around.

Still, Apple are ready to put their latest smartphone where its mouth is and has released a bunch of camera samples captured with the iPhone 4S on its website. We don't know how serious a photographic effort those shots took, but they certainly look stunning.

Of course, it almost certain that you won't be able to produce similarly stunning shots when/if you obtain your iPhone 4S, but it's good to know that the potential is there. So even if you only utilize a small portion of it, you should still end up with pretty decent shots.

http://www.gsmarena.com/first_apple_iphone_4s_camera_samples_surface_look_stunning-news-3227.php

iPhone with GSM+CDMA :hi2:

Many will ditch android or google has to give us treat with their icecream :P

Specs upgrade compare to iphone4:

1. GSM+CDMA

2. 1 GHz dual-core Cortex-A9 processor with Apple A5 chipset

3. 1 GB RAM

4. 8MP camera with 1080p video recording

5. Bluetooth 4.0

6. More storage option with 64gb.

But still only 100 call logs.. can't understand Apple's philoshphy..

Nothing revolutionary about iphone 4S, they just bumped up the specs, made changes to the wireless radio to meet the market demands.

What I find disappointing - screen is exactly the same like that of the predecessor at 3.5 inchs. Grow up! 4.3 inch display is the norm now thanks to android.

Nothing is new to us, the 1GB RAM, DualCore processor on SLOW 1GHz ;p 8MPx cam, 1080p video, TINY 3.5" screen, voice search, not even HSPA+, let alone 4G (WiMax/LTE), 9.3mm THICK, DualMode world edition, cloud services, double antennae, blah blah blah... NOTHING new... I think this (TOO LITTLE---TOO LATE) is the reason Jobs left b4 its launch... Not enough even for apple fanboys to rejoice...

Everything agreed Kanaga but chaos is that android still doesn't have any flagship... iPhone's USP is that its single..I am saying this bcoz i felt it here... Here in Japan companies are providing iPhone's to their employee even they know android is better because the question is which one?? Which phone S II, Photon, Sensation??? which??Unstablity...

I think once google and motorola start project together which we heard then only iPhone's craze will go down...

In my personal opinion 4.0" screen is best... after tht it should not be called phone :)

Will there be 'made-in-RIMWEB' OMH 4S?

Siri needs data connection which isn't a big issue. If wonder how well it will work for Indian accent. Definitely a step in right direction.

Siri needs data connection which isn't a big issue. If wonder how well it will work for Indian accent. Definitely a step in right direction.

Please someone highlight me how different it is from Google voice.

Everything agreed Kanaga but chaos is that android still doesn't have any flagship... iPhone's USP is that its single..I am saying this bcoz i felt it here... Here in Japan companies are providing iPhone's to their employee even they know android is better because the question is which one?? Which phone S II, Photon, Sensation??? which??Unstablity...

I think once google and motorola start project together which we heard then only iPhone's craze will go down...

I feel companies can choose any Android phone as far as it supports their enterprise norms. What difference it would make if it is S II or Sensation if both are running 2.3 and have similar controls?

Even if motorola+google builds some flagship product, others manufacturers will follow soon. Android is created to provide users with choices rather than limiting it.

Anyways, Android is reaching 1 million activations per day on around Oct 20.

Cheers :)

Nothing is new to us, the 1GB RAM, DualCore processor on SLOW 1GHz ;p 8MPx cam, 1080p video, TINY 3.5" screen, voice search, not even HSPA+, let alone 4G (WiMax/LTE), 9.3mm THICK, DualMode world edition, cloud services, double antennae, blah blah blah... NOTHING new... I think this (TOO LITTLE---TOO LATE) is the reason Jobs left b4 its launch... Not enough even for apple fanboys to rejoice...

Jealous.....

Wait till it takes over android, as it is iPhone is worlds desirable smartphone.

Jealous.....

Wait till it takes over android, as it is iPhone is worlds desirable smartphone.

The key is the d word in your post Dr., it is not the best either in hardware or software but the iOS ecosystem ensures people continue to buy it.

Jealous.....

Hmm, Trend is just opposite to what you are expecting. :P

3.5 incher Small Girls Phone iZombies Growup

• Like 1

iPhone 4S has provided the opportunity for both Samsung and HTC to get back with the new phone from the Apple stable failing to impress. Other than the most loyal of fans, the latest offering from Apple was not treated with much rejoicing. In fact, the shares of Samsung, HTC and LG Electronics, who all make phones using Google's Android OS all experienced a northward movement post the disappointing release of iPhone 4S.

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/news/hardware/iPhone-4S-Opportunity-for-Samsung-HTC/articleshow/10242111.cms

I wonder how it would affect the patent war on between Apple and Samsung in lots of countries at present? Only time can tell. Also looks like Steve Jobs chose the right moment to leave! :)

Still now some people say that iPhone5 is coming with bigger screen in a week, xclusive to sprint (????)... Few people saying that Apple avoided iPhone5 fearing the patent suit from Samsung...

Sooo many rumours, sooo heavy expectations... iPhone was always a hype-phone... But now the too much hype, killed the excitement, imho...

• Siri Personal Assistant feature looks very cool. Intelligent, human like, tightly integrated with ios/apps and capable of doing a lot compared to just voice commands in Android. I see this as the next big thing in mobile usage evolution. Apple is terming it BETA right now, so future capabilities will be even more. It should alter in fundamental ways you use your smartphone in 1-2 years time.
  • Guess they might be using WolframApha computational knowledge engine >> http://www.wolframalpha.com/
  • Much improved battery life, very capable A5 Dual Core processor, dedicated image processing chip, fantastic camera, world phone capability are positives. Same old Retina Display but it's still among the best.
  • Apple is saying CDMA will work only if it's activated with an operator. So you may not be able to use a CDMA Sim straight away. It may be programming based for CDMA networks. Cold water if you thought Apple will ever give you FREEDOM.
  • Major gripe is no increase in 3.5" screen size. It really matters but Apple believes otherwise.
  • For 16GB additional capacity, Apple wants $ 100. For 32 GB also it wants same $ 100 more. Atrocious pricing for storage. Does nothing to remove Apple's shylock like perception wanting it's A$$ of FLASH for bottomline. Major put off.
  • Fastest roll out. By December in almost all countries.

Being an android fan, i still believe Apple has a very capable product on hand. It should be able to compete and work well.

• Siri Why you Copied Google Voice Actions
  • Better Battery life because all Background apps is Frozen in Freezer
  • 3.5 incher is too small for games i know how mu Daughter now used by Galaxy Tab 10.1 instead of my evo 3d ! its more visible and enjoyable in bigger screen

http://www.google.co.../voice-actions/

Apple decided to keep screen size at 3.5" for now so that the iphone itself as a device does not eat up their ipad share.

Apple want every loyal customer of theirs to own an iphone as well as as ipad. ( Double mazaa for apple sales )

But having said that, none can beat the eco system of apple as of now.

The biggest anti-climax. Khoda pahad aur nikla chooha, woh bhi mara hua.