Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
avishekghosh

No Firmware Updates For Samsung Galaxy POP CDMA

Samsung is launching numerous numbers of handsets daily...but they dont bother to give good service(in software/firmware segment) for most of them.Samsung launched the first cdma omh handset Galaxy pop cdma(sch i559) few months earlier but dont release the firmware update for this much hyped & advertised cdma omh handset till now..it till stucks with android v2.2 froyo.Samsung does not providing android v2.3 GB update for sch i559 & whenever someone asked them about the update,samsung does not spend a single word regarding that.

Every customer who bought this handset from samsung with their hard earned money,have the right to know about it.I already mailed them & asked them to clearly mention that are this sch i559 will got android v2.3 or not?if yes then when?& if not,then why?

We all know that google & some mobile brands including samsung commited to give firmware update to the handsets launched by them(upto 18 months)..

So why samsung is silent here???? :nerves:

As any custom roms of CM or MIUI is not available in webworld for sch i559 till now...so the only hope to get v2.3 gb is official update itself... :bash:

Rimweb Guru's & other rimwebians pls throw some light on this matter....

• Like 1

The specs under the hood of Samsung Galaxy Pop (like 600 Mhz CPU, low internal memory) is not sufficient to support the smooth functioning of the Gingerbread update.

Then how galaxy pop gsm which has same spes was updated with v2.3 gb(custom gb rom) n working smoothly?

Sent from my SCH-I559 using Tapatalk

hi

some android forum said the firmware of Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 &Samsung Galaxy Pop CDMA is same.

is it true.

http://dkgadget.com/install-android-2-3-4-on-samsung-galaxy-mini-s5570-samsung-galaxy-pop/

Hi,

I too agree that, now its been a long enough time, that samsung released and update for Galaxy Pop CDMA as the sales for the same have been phenomenal and the customers deserve better.

@amitroutray - the link you have posted is for the GSM version of the phone. So it wouldn't be advisable to upgrade to gingerbread using the mentioned rom.

Hi,

Pop CDMA has gotten a firmware upgrade. I'm planning on upgrading my firmware soon using Samsung KIES software. Has anybody else done this upgrade?? If yes can you tell us which version does it upgrade to?

Pop 5570 is gsm...are there any updates for pop i559 cdma?

I am also looking for i559 Android 2.3 update. some of my friends already updated their Galaxy Pop GSM version but the CDMA version is not updated.

Samsung as of now has released firmware only uptil 2.2.2 . Had read some place that we can expect an update to 2.3 soon. When will that soon come is yet to be seen.

Also found a link to a site which gives a custom ROM for i559 - http://www.in189.com/thread-301648-1-1.html use translate to read it. Please post here if anyone tries it.

I came to know Galaxy Y in CDMA is available in Indonesia and they are using Android 2.3, the specification is same as POP (i559) but for i559 no update.... it's really frustrated.

this is really unfair by samsung... how can anyone trust them on their next purchase?

I just checked over flipkart - Samsung Galaxy Pop i559 is Permanently Discontinued.

When is an item Permanently Discontinued?

This product is no longer available on Flipkart because it's obsolete and/or production for it has been discontinued.

has anyone out here tried any custom rom for this phone? or any other way to update it (via kies or anything?) My Kies seems to be stuck, it downloads the update, tells me that there is another update available and then starts downloading again.....has done this many many time ...any suggestions?

^^ which android is the latest for i559???