Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
krishna.tungal

How To Identify EVDO is Activated on CDMA Phones (Reliance)?

Hi,

I have newly purchased Samsung Galaxy POP CDMA on 11-October-2011.

I got OMH SIM for rs 25 on same day got it activated immedietly.

after inserting OMH card, phone is showing two signals, top one is showing as "EV" and below it is "1x"

can anyone know or explain what this "EV" signal means??

EV stands for EVDO (high speed internet access)

For more info on EVDO check this link.

Edited by Karthik R

I know "EV" means EVDO, but without activation, why it is showing EV?

Because, I called up Reliance HSD department, and they said "EVDO" is not active in my handset.

Edited by krishna.tungal

If handset has EVDO prl and has EVDO signal then it can show EV irrespective of whether EVDO service is activated or not.

Open browser and then check, if EV goes then EVDO is not enabled.

• Like 1

Ok, Amit, can you confirm the below?

If I go for Mobile Internet pack 299 - Unlimited, I cannot use that to access Internet on Computer right??

and if I go for Data Cable plans, i.e: 5 GB, 10GB or 15 GB, I can use it on Computer...

So can the Data Cable plans be used on mobile too when away from computer??

Mobile internet packs are for use on handset only. Maybe you could extend this to the PC/Laptop by USB tethering.

PC internet packs are for use on PC/Laptop. Don't think these would work on the handset.

Not really sure how Reliance enforces that distinction though. Or whether there is a way to beat it. ;-)

Mobile internet packs are to use internet with r-world/r-world settings while other data cable plans are netconnect plans and you can even use them on mobile with netconnect username and password (MDN)

Mobile internet packs are for use on handset only. Maybe you could extend this to the PC/Laptop by USB tethering.

PC internet packs are for use on PC/Laptop. Don't think these would work on the handset.

Not really sure how Reliance enforces that distinction though. Or whether there is a way to beat it. ;-)

Ok, Amit, can you confirm the below?

If I go for Mobile Internet pack 299 - Unlimited, I cannot use that to access Internet on Computer right??

and if I go for Data Cable plans, i.e: 5 GB, 10GB or 15 GB, I can use it on Computer...

So can the Data Cable plans be used on mobile too when away from computer??

I have samsung epic bought from the forum with evdo activated as confirmd by seller with 200mb netplan. I get a 3g icon on top while I start data network mode. But on speedtest, I m only getting a speed of 0.54 mbps speed. Is this normal with evdo activated

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk