Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
suhasvnj

Unable To Send SMS To 1900 For Port Out

Hi,

From my Reliance CDMA mobile, I am unable to send SMS PORT <mobile number> to 1900. I get 'Invalid Address' error.

Anybody else facing similar issue?

Please help me resolve this issue.

Regards

Suhas

Just send PORT <mobile number> to 1900

Remove any SMS signature you may have configured in your phone which will go with every SMS message.

Even after SMS goes successfully, you may not receive the port code instantly because Reliance keeps sending port code SMS disabled. It's generated already in the backend.

You will have to lodge a complaint regarding that with CC and then within few hours, you will get the port code.

best is to call up CC and get a code from them. I had this same thing couple of weeks ago. I sent the msg all day without getting a reply. Than finally got it from the CC and than in the night at around 12:30 I got the sms !!!!!!!!

Hi Rajan,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am sending only PORT <mobile number> to 1900. There are no signatures or any prefix, suffix.

Regards

Suhas

its a simple case of blocking your port request.

Even airhell did this with me. I sent a port request about three times, they deducted money each time and i didn't received the code.

Then i called cc and asked them to send it.

I received the code after that.

Their stupid attempt to block my migration resulted in a stronger will to leave their network.

is the port sms to 1900 free or chargeable?

is the port sms to 1900 free or chargeable?

Its Free

No, It's not free. Reliance charges Rs 1 for Port Out SMS and shows in bill as premium messages under Value Added Services (VAS).

Any way it is possible to port no. (reliance GSM) now. There is no balance in my phone.

On 1/12/2018 at 2:50 PM, Aryanreli said:

Any way it is possible to port no. (reliance GSM) now. There is no balance in my phone.

manually select Airtel or Vodafone network. Send porting SMS. 

On 12/01/2018 at 2:50 PM, Aryanreli said:

You mean that you didn't receive port code. If so simply go to Vodafone/Jio store and tell them, they might be able to arrange code (internally) for you if you switch to their network.