Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Review: Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII - Epic 4G Touch - The Mammoth

Leaked Stock Deodex'd Pre-rooted FB09 [ 4.0.3] Ice Cream Sandwich out >> http://forums.acsynd...oted-FB09-4-0-3

3G,WiFi working. Check qbking 77 How to install video at source.. 3-4 time battery pull is required while initial booting after flash.

FB09 seems buggy... After some time of inactivity, phone loses network n then restarting is the only solution... Though, if i am using 3g, it won't leave the network up to the time i am using. Reverted back to EL29...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

^

After having played with custom roms for years, I am now mostly sticking to stock roms and that too unrooted :P . They give me the most peace of mind nowadays due to my lack of time needed for programming needs.

Installed FB17.

Using it right now.

Market comes in INDIAN MODE by Default. (All Apps in Rs.)

Did you directly install fb17 through cwm? In my case i was not able to boot so i reverted to el19 n then went to fb09 but due to network issue reverted again to el19.

Also after installing fb09/fb17, is there any way to use cwm for restoring ginger bread nandroid backups?

I never used CWM, I flahed by Odin.

FB17 - ROM

FB15 - Modem

Refer ACS Qbking Videos. I did everything as per that only.

Ok... Will try n post.. Just confirm if your are able to use it flawlessly or there us network issue in your phone too?

Hey guys.. Installed this one thru cwm

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1505979

[ ROM ] Stock Rooted FB17 System [ ICS / OS 4.0.3 ]

Performance is buttery n signal issue with fb15 modem. Installation is bit tricky.. In hurry now so not posting but if any one is stuck up or want to know please post here, will be happy to help...

Missing notification drawer shortcuts though. Waiting for some mod...

just been through the review.... pls do let me know if any one tried the FC18 ????

My Samsung Galaxy S2 (Epic Touch 4G) streaming music to my car via bluetooth

19superbbtmusicstreamin.jpg

12superbmiddisplayphone.jpg

Related Link is here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/118188-skoda-superb-tryst-destiny-6.html#post2731304

^^^^ "Superb"

• Like 1

Whenever I flash AOSP based ICS ROMs, like this or this, data stops working. AOSP does not support diag mode so even cant be analysed why it is happening. Can someone throw more light on it as what is the reason for data not working on AOSP ROMs?

Whenever I flash AOSP based ICS ROMs, like this or this, data stops working. AOSP does not support diag mode so even cant be analysed why it is happening. Can someone throw more light on it as what is the reason for data not working on AOSP ROMs?

Epic touch is very stable on stock..

So haven't tried custom

you need 2 files - pap.secrets and chap.secrets in /system/etc/ppp to get data working

Sorry to crash this party but a noob question does E4GT have call conference facility or is may fate sealed like when I used Photon. Also has anyone here rooted as I would love to install custom recovery to this beast. Btw I am on prl 5 the international evdo prl and have some los issue. Should I try changing the prl if yes please guide me to the right prl. Thanks

Call conference doesn't work.. When we place second call, nothing happens. So unless second call is connected, we can't do conference.

Of course rooting options are available as well as rooted roms too. Just follow xda...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Thanks again hitesh bhai. Bro i can root this one following the instructions bt as dk bhai had warned against rooting to avoid radio issues I am a bit skeptical.

Also without rooting on stock setup I have too many dropped calls further I can see that my phone will loose the network completely for a second and will get full network and this seems to happen every now and then.

Did anybody else had this issue with their phones.

you need 2 files - pap.secrets and chap.secrets in /system/etc/ppp to get data working

Thanks buddy, Will try tonight, any particular permission to be given to these files while copying?

Edited by phonegeek

:previous:

you need above files with just the following content

* * ' '

hey friends... if anyone can Pls guide me... i need a 2.3 Ginger bread rom for epic 4g touch (Sprint Galaxy S2) with hindi and marathi font support... thanks in advance...

If im correct, then for Hindi/Marathi font support you need to have Android Ice cream Sandwich (4.0.3+)

Gingerbread (2.3.7) dont have that feature.

Abhishekh ji, thank you for the reply... i am aware of ics supporting hindi and marathi... tried 2 to 3 ics roms already... but as ics for s2 cdma is still under progress, i didnt find any satisfactory rom... so just thought if any custom rom available ... pls share if anyone has came across such....

Have found one blog post where i found Hindi fonts n that had to be copied to fonts folder through root

Explorer.

Try to google it. Well let u know tomorrow if i find..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

thanks Hitesh for the reply... i've been through the procedure as well.... was a good attempt... worked partly... i mean i could read some of the letters in the same word but some as blocks.... finally found a solution... simply change the web browser you are using... i mean i was using the stock browser... i downloaded OPERA MINI.. ans accessed the same website... and... WELLAH!!!... it worked.... thanks everyone for the kind help & Info....