Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Review: Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII - Epic 4G Touch - The Mammoth

Sold off my Epic 4G and have ordered a Epic 4G touch! Anxiously waiting for it to be delivered! :D Hopefully by next week the beast will be in my hands. :) What do you guys suggest? Stay stock or check out the ROM's have seen quite a few roms! Pretty exciting. Also how is the battery life?

I've used this handset... really great... battery life not extra ordinary but better than other android handsets i came across... was eagerly waiting for ics to come up on Epic 4g touch... but didnt find any stable rom... the stock rom is preety enjoyable... the performance of this handset is great... i would say a great decision to go for this one... all the best...

• Like 1

one more experience would like to share... after installing the OPERA mini browser it started supported the languages... but the stock browser also started supporting hindi and Marathi language... ?

I'm running it on stock rooted deodexed FD19(kernel,ROM & Modem) & "awesome" would be putting it euphemistically.

since it is deodexed I have uninstalled all the bloatware (except the e-mail client.. which I prefer).

Also disabled Touch Wiz and tried Apex Launcher (which is good) but now sticking to the stock ICS launcher which is super light.

Battery too holds up for 5hrs heavy use (screen on for 4hrs+ with FIFA12 & browsing & youtube & movies) and 15hrs+ for moderate everyday use.

overall I am enjoing this phone to the fullest for the past 40days with download speeds of 400kbps to 1.5Mbps

The only two issues i have are random signal loss for 2seconds every once in a while & extremely poor upload speeds (neither seems to be phone's prioblem.. but haven't figured out the issue)

Sold off my Epic 4G and have ordered a Epic 4G touch! Anxiously waiting for it to be delivered! :D Hopefully by next week the beast will be in my hands. :) What do you guys suggest? Stay stock or check out the ROM's have seen quite a few roms! Pretty exciting. Also how is the battery life?

I have been switching between 2 of the most popular Android 4.0.4 leaks for our phone - AOKP and Cyanogenmod 9 - Though source is not released as yet, both these ROMs are awesome.......That being said you need to take extra care while switching between GB and CM9 based ICS roms on the Epic 4G Touch, DON'T flash anything from an ICS recovery, if you want to flash either of these roms, start from stock EL29 , then ODIN stock EL26 CWM tar (as this is the only recommended recovery to flash ICS leaks), reboot into EL26 CWM recovery (blue) and flash ROM followed by the latest Gapps

I have been switching between 2 of the most popular Android 4.0.4 leaks for our phone - AOKP and Cyanogenmod 9 - Though source is not released as yet, both these ROMs are awesome.......That being said you need to take extra care while switching between GB and CM9 based ICS roms on the Epic 4G Touch, DON'T flash anything from an ICS recovery, if you want to flash either of these roms, start from stock EL29 , then ODIN stock EL26 CWM tar (as this is the only recommended recovery to flash ICS leaks), reboot into EL26 CWM recovery (blue) and flash ROM followed by the latest Gapps

Actually the thing is I got an S2 but due to a faulty piece i sent it back to the seller. Ordered a new one. On its way now. Any of you guys have a tpu case for that?

And I am off ICS as it ****ed on the OG Epic . WIll stay gb until official OTA comes out which is around 2 weeks from now on. Thanx for you reply anyways

Check this out.. Cheapest n best. Have got few times from this seller n you can trust for sure. Only issue is delivery takes 20 days. If u can't wait, i am selling it for 350 including shipping

N have it in stock.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

hello everyone,

ICS OFFICIAL LEAK FROM SPRINT FOR EPIC 4G TOUCH!

did any one updated to ICS Rom on XDA [ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301 (FD24 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted)

This One-Click ODIN contains the STOCK FD24 Modem/Kernel/ROM for the E4GT.

The ONLY change was the addition of ROOT to the ROM. NOTHING else was changed. If you made no other changes, you WOULD be able to install an OTA patch update (based off of FD24) on top of this w/o issues.

if any one did ? what are the pros and cons,battery backup,data,LOS etc.?

thanks

hello everyone,

ICS OFFICIAL LEAK FROM SPRINT FOR EPIC 4G TOUCH!

did any one updated to ICS Rom on XDA [ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301 (FD24 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted)

This One-Click ODIN contains the STOCK FD24 Modem/Kernel/ROM for the E4GT.

The ONLY change was the addition of ROOT to the ROM. NOTHING else was changed. If you made no other changes, you WOULD be able to install an OTA patch update (based off of FD24) on top of this w/o issues.

if any one did ? what are the pros and cons,battery backup,data,LOS etc.?

thanks

one thing more, will this flashing [FD24 full restore One-Click self-extractor] wont mess with my settings and configurations!

i mean network parameters/data parameters! i dont care about personal data/contacts/apps etc..

Thanks

PLEASE help out!

After fd24 the latest one out there is fe10 on same xda page...

Leaked ICS is not Stable so better wait for Official Release

I love the pure ICS and I am using AOKP 35 as of now. No major issues besides notification glitch which will eventually go when Samsung will release the source. Everything otherwise is working perfectly fine.

Its here

Edited by phonegeek

I love the pure ICS and I am using AOKP 35 as of now. No major issues besides notification glitch which will eventually go when Samsung will release the source. Everything otherwise is working perfectly fine.

Its here

same here.....AOKP build 35 + FE07 modem + FE10 aosp kernel

Its here

Its here

hey! ppl.. can u help me,cause its everywhere written,that any thing wrong can brick my phone!

on this link,

Please make me a walkthrough step by step,either by links or anyway as per your convinience,

i am on Stock EL29 without any mods!

Thanks in advance!

:)

Since you are already on EL29, so follow these steps:

1. Root and install CWM. http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1342728
  2. Using ES file explorer or any other root explorer app, go to system/etc/ppp and copy chap-secrets and pap-secrets to your SD card. Required for data connection on ICS.
  3. Download and put these files onto your SD Card. ROM, GAPPS, Modem(optional), kernel(optional) http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=151466
  4. Go to CWM and make nandroid backup.
  5. -Wipe Data/Factory, Cache, Dalvik.
  6. -Flash ROM
  7. -Flash Gapps
  8. Flash modem
  9. -Wipe Cache and Dalvik again
  10. -Flash Kernel
  11. -Reboot

You can flash modem also in the same CWM session.

After rebooting, copy the chap/pap files to the same folder again in /system/etc/ppp and your data connection will be up.

You must be having wifi so that you can connect to google play and install ES file explorer to copy the above files.

Disclaimer : I am not responsible for any damage. :)

Hope the above helps.......

Edited by phonegeek
  • Like 1

Its here

Now hardware buttons can be disabled. We can now use onscreen navigation( 3 buttons) :)

^^^ thanks a lot!

though i m trying to wait for the official ICS release,as heard a lot about Bricking while upgrading to ICS!

How is AOKP 38? How do I load it?

How do I go back to stock EL29?

I'm on D710.FE22_CL612283_rooted,onsclick.

How is AOKP 38? How do I load it?

How do I go back to stock EL29?

I'm on D710.FE22_CL612283_rooted,onsclick.

I have not tried AOKP 38. But should be good. I am on AOKP 37.

To load it, first flash EL26 stock kernel this using ODIN

Then go to recovery, wipe data, catch and dalvik catch.

Install AOKP ROM, install latest GAPPS and reboot !

You are on AOKP !

if you want to go back to Stock EL29, use this file, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1433101

Enjoy!

I tried aokp rom but could not either load diag mode using ##8778# nor could i access data... please guide if there is a way out..

I tried aokp rom but could not either load diag mode using ##8778# nor could i access data... please guide if there is a way out..

CM9/AOKP/AOSP does not support diag mode.

Though on Epic 4G touch, we can temporary boot into EL29 ROM and then use diag mode and then again go back to AOKP.

Go here for complete details

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1683481

Here is a very good video tutorial for using this temporary rom.

Edited by phonegeek

But, when i shifted from EL rom to AOKP or CM9, my nv settings were perfect, still i could not use EVDO.... so, by that logic, even if i boot el29 from emmc, load dump, when i boot back to aokp, will evdo start working???

Edited by hiteshkkk1

But, when i shifted from EL rom to AOKP or CM9, my nv settings were perfect, still i could not use EVDO.... so, by that logic, even if i boot el29 from emmc, load dump, when i boot back to aokp, will evdo start working???

When you are at stock ROM or non CM based rom, you need to copy 2 files and keep in some folder. Later, when you shift to AOKP/AOSP, you need to paste the same file to the the same folder to start your data/EVDO.

The files are : chap-secrets and pap-secrets. The files are in system/etc/ppp folder.

• Like 3

Thats great... Found the files... will experiment in a day or 2 n post...

Edit:jhakaas... could not resist n did it now itself... up on cm9 with data... thanks phonegeek for the trick...

Cm9 is way better than any other ics rom I've tried...

Edited by hiteshkkk1