Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Review: Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII - Epic 4G Touch - The Mammoth

Just post it bro, I had problems updating it via kies.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Hello everyone Here is the step by step process to update you Samsung Epic SPH D -710 to latest and soon to be official OTA

GB27

Put your phone in download mode using the power button plus volume down button. One a screen comes up then press the power up button so that the download mode can be activated on the device.

epic4gtouchroot-1-690x416.jpg

Now use this link http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Devices/Samsung%20Galaxy%20S2%20(Sprint)%20(SPH-D710)/Stock%20ROMs/JB/GB27/Full%20Restore/Rooted to completely wipe your data on the phone. i.e the devices becomes factory reset (but no harm to the programming ;))

Or else use this link http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Devices/Samsung%20Galaxy%20S2%20(Sprint)%20(SPH-D710)/Stock%20ROMs/JB/GB27/No%20Data%20Restore/Rooted to keep your data intact and flash the latest jb upgrade.

Just ensure that there is 30% or above battery remaining on the device so that it does not power off during the flashing.

As easy as that. You are good to go then.

PS: Both the above files are pre - rooted if you want the non rooted files then pm me so i can link you!

Regards,

Ankur

• Like 3

hey ankur.....the steps helped a lot...it went very smooth....thanks a lot for the guidance.....

Phone is working perfect after upgrade...

• Like 1

Very useful info @Ankur.

Can you plz explain between your post and the post made by Joshm on 4th April 2013

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/34621-update-your-sprint-samsung-epic-4g-touch-d-710-to-the-latest-official-leaked-and-custom-rom/?p=289173

Is it different or same.

Tiggered from my SPH-D710

I'm sure we can flash dirty also, meaning we don't need to wipe data or cache, just directly flash.

Do a nandroid backup before doing anything just to be on the safer side.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Vinod Nayak
  • Like 1

I have IS - Epic 4G Touch. (Sprint)

From Yesterday noon data was stopped when I reboot there is coming error like " error 67 : register failed ........."

In settings , phone status saw some time Evdo Rev. A some time Evdo Rev. 0 some time 1X.

and data disconnected.

Calls and Sms working OK.

Please help and guide Gurus ...

HIREN

I have IS - Epic 4G Touch. (Sprint)

From Yesterday noon data was stopped when I reboot there is coming error like " error 67 : register failed ........."

In settings , phone status saw some time Evdo Rev. A some time Evdo Rev. 0 some time 1X.

and data disconnected.

Calls and Sms working OK.

Please help and guide Gurus ...

HIREN

1) try unroot

2) try backup

3) try dump

• Like 1

Guys,

Can someone tell me the cheapest I can get my Epic touch Entire Screen Replaced? The entire Screen is broken pretty badly and damaged so Phone is turned dark.

I am in Mumbai right now.

Please guide along with the damages.

Cheers

Mickey

I'm facing some issues with my Samsung Galaxy Epic Touch 4G (Sprint). Youtube videos do not load when I'm on 3G connection, but work fine when I am on WiFi.

Also, noticed something this morning. The Connections Optimizer in Settings / Mobile Networks force closes with the message, ' the process com.android.phone has stopped'. Maybe I have deleted this app through Titanium backup or something earlier.... I don't remember!!

Q1. How to view videos from Youtube in 3G connection?

Q2. Pls help with this Connection Optimizer thing.

Request all RIM gurus and people facing similar issues.

Thanks

I'm facing some issues with my Samsung Galaxy Epic Touch 4G (Sprint). Youtube videos do not load when I'm on  3G connection, but work fine when I am on WiFi.

Also, noticed something this morning. The Connections Optimizer in Settings / Mobile Networks force closes with the message, ' the process com.android.phone has stopped'. Maybe I have deleted this app through Titanium backup or something earlier.... I don't remember!!

Q1. How to view videos from Youtube in 3G connection?

Q2. Pls help with this Connection Optimizer thing.

Request all RIM gurus and people facing similar issues.

Thanks

Connection optimizer is a nuisance, if it's deleted then forgetbut, it's good, we ourselves delete that from sprint phones as it keeps waking up the wifi.

There is no need to hit the optimizer now as it's already deleted, you won't face any issues after ut removal.

About YouTube, just zero out the multimedia proxy settings in your phone

Hit ##3282# on dialer

Hit edit

Enter 000000 as password ( provided your seller has changed the msl to 000000)

When menu opens hit others

hit multimedia

There will be 4 values

Chnage them to following

Save

Come out and restart phone.

All will be well

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

Always follow the Doctor's advice :)

Worked like a charm. Now, no issues with the video thing.

Many thanks.

• Like 1

In the earlier versions of smartphones, there was an Scheduled Auto Power On / Off feature in Settings.

Not sure about the other current smartphones, but the Samsung Epic 4G Touch does not have that feature.

I need a setting / app that powers down the phone at night completely and powers it back up in the morning at a scheduled time.

This is needed to save on battery and make sure the Alarm goes off.

Any suggestions??

In the earlier versions of smartphones, there was an Scheduled Auto Power On / Off feature in Settings.

Not sure about the other current smartphones, but the Samsung Epic 4G Touch does not have that feature.

I need a setting / app that powers down the phone at night completely and powers it back up in the morning at a scheduled time.

Any suggestions??

Try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.naresh.utility.auto.onoff

Any suggestions??

Try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.naresh.utility.auto.onoff

Thanks for the link Hitesh. But this app only puts the phone in airplane mode and brings it out of airplane mode at a scheduled time. In fact, all such similar apps do the same thing.

I'm looking for something which will completely power down the phone and power it back up at a scheduled time.

Now that the top guns have moved on to kitkat, request assistance from gurus on how to upgrade to 4.3 or 4.2 at least for E4GT.

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g Touch (D710) which I bought in September last year. I have taken a post paid connection and 3g plan from Reliance. I am facing 2 issues:

1. 3g/EVDO doesnot work on my handset. I have checked all the settings. I have also activated HSD as suggested on one of the threads of this forum. (I live in Thane). 2g works on the hans

2. In case of 2g, it does not work continuously. I have to restart data services again and again to make it work. It works for sometime and again stops.

Any suggestions to correct this, please.

Edited by rajanmehta
<< Topic Merged >>

You have checked setting thru what? Qpst cw dfs?

R u sure hdr id and pass are correct?

tapatalking.....

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g Touch (D710) which I bought in September last year. I have taken a post paid connection and 3g plan from Reliance. I am facing 2 issues:

1. 3g/EVDO doesnot work on my handset. I have checked all the settings. I have also activated HSD as suggested on one of the threads of this forum. (I live in Thane). 2g works on the hans

2. In case of 2g, it does not work continuously. I have to restart data services again and again to make it work. It works for sometime and again stops.

If you are receiving calls and able to send sms, then you need to ask your dealer for NV items file, flash it, you should be good to go.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

tapatalking.....

Just the usual settings in the handset.. Rest is greek to me :nerves:

Hi,

If you are receiving calls and able to send sms, then you need to ask your dealer for NV items file, flash it, you should be good to go.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try this and get back.. Any other way to get the NV items file?

tapatalking.....

Just the usual settings in the handset.. Rest is greek to me :nerves:

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try this and get back.. Any other way to get the NV items file?

No unless you know how to generate it.

@AKA

pm me your meid from phone setting --- about menu

I might be able to get you your dump

@AKA

Hi,

Update:Thanks to Hitesh, I updated the NV items file. Status of the issues:

1. EVDO still not working.

2. This issue is resolved. 2g is continuously working now.

I have observed a lot of call drops (specially during incoming calls wherein a call gets disconnected after speaking for 5-10 secs). Can it have anything to do with the flashing?

Need more help on the 1st issue.

Flash PRL also and give it a shot again.

Also check at WW if your EVDO is active or not.

@AKA

Hi,

Update:Thanks to Hitesh, I updated the NV items file. Status of the issues:

1. EVDO still not working.

2. This issue is resolved. 2g is continuously working now.

I have observed a lot of call drops (specially during incoming calls wherein a call gets disconnected after speaking for 5-10 secs). Can it have anything to do with the flashing?

Need more help on the 1st issue.

If u r facing call drops issue write akey again.

Sms reliance for evdo activation if not activated.

If evdo is already activated and u r unable to get evdo speed pm me ur details i will give a try :)

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

which mobile u use?