Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
majrul

How To Get The 9 Digit RSN No. for an iPhone 4 CDMA?

Hi,

I managed to get the MEID registered of an iPhone 4 CDMA Verizon model and transferred a Reliance no. to the handset, but the problem is SMS is not working. I am unable to send SMS.

If i try dialing *228, it asks for an RSN no. which i don't have. I also tried setting the SMSC no. manually but Reliance says there is no SMS center no. for CDMA handsets, so they are not ready to provide any such detail.

Please help, if someone can guide as to how to get the RSN for my phone.

-Majrul

Majrul - Get in touch with the seller or the place from where you got MEID registered.

You need to get the MDN retained.

@mitJ@in, is it true what phonegeek has commented. If you can please help me with what is the MDN retaining process!

Yes, if your MEID is registered, RSN is same as your MEID...

But RSN is some 9 digit no. whereas MEID is 14 digits. So when i dial *228 and when the lady on the other side asks me for the RSN no, should i go ahead with the MEID no.?

Hi,

I managed to get the MEID registered of an iPhone 4 CDMA Verizon model and transferred a Reliance no. to the handset, but the problem is SMS is not working. I am unable to send SMS.

If i try dialing *228, it asks for an RSN no. which i don't have. I also tried setting the SMSC no. manually but Reliance says there is no SMS center no. for CDMA handsets, so they are not ready to provide any such detail.

Please help, if someone can guide as to how to get the RSN for my phone.

-Majrul

Majrul first you read all above post then you know your RSN is your MEID

2nd you says you already transferred your no. so no need to retain & i think you have transfer prepaid rim no thatsy *228 ask 9 digit pin no.

if you face a prob to send SMS then contact same person who managed/help to regiser your meid.

if you not transfer you MDN yet then retain your mdn first with support of WW / WWE or use HCC.

I really appreciate all the help i am receiving here. Thanks a lot. Since i don't have much knowledge about the terms used by Reliance, please help me with what is HCC? Also the problem is, the keypad after dialing *228 doesn't contains characters, so i cannot type the MEID no. as it contains characters as well and RSN is numeric only. What to do?

^^^

HCC means Handset Change Card.

@ majrul why you need to dial Meid after 228

Yu do that when u transfer no using HCC and it's HCC pin you dial not Meid or rsn

If you need to transfer no to ip4

Go to web world give them your ip4 Meid with ur documents when they say it's retained by system do *228 it will say welcome bla bla .... Select language ..... And wait it will be done....

Taptalk on ™iPad 2

@RIM Guru, As i mentioned in the post, i have transferred my no. by going to the web world, but if i dial *228, after i select the language, it's stuck on RSN no. input!

@Marul *228 Always ask HCC Nie Digit PIN number Just Listern to *228 before bugging everybody

Once number is Activate you dont need to dial *228

The reply from Hetal was a bit arrogant one. I am not forcing anyone to reply, just asking for help from people who might know the solution since i am facing an SMS sending problem and i don't know what's the reason behind it. The whole idea of forums is to help each other, isn't it?

Thanks anyways people who helped me! I really appreciate your time in replying to my posts. I really value that a lot! I have got lot's of information from this thread.

I just came to know that dialing *228 is like OTA provisioning, CDMA providers transfer .prl files over the air. Maybe that will solve my problem, that's why i was looking for help as to how can i proceed further.

The web world we went to, he did the transfer of no. directly, he didn't tell us to buy and HCC card. So the problem is since my no. is already transferred and i don't have an HCC card, i cannot proceed.

Edited by majrul

Why don't u ask the person from whom u managed to get the MEID Registred..

i think u blundered updating to IOS 5 for which u facing the SMS Problem...

I tried calling that person who registered the MEID, but his no. is continuously switched off!

@ majrul

I think your real problem is that you updated to IOS 5 which is causing the SMS issue.

You have manage to irritate hetal bhai in your earlier post but I believe he is the best to get you out of this situation.

Most forum member are no very well versed with the nuianses of iphone 4 cdma which is a very closed system.

dude u need to downgrade and do everything again.. i mean activation.. in dat case u have to transfer d number to other ruim/phone and downgrade and den again activate.. and *228 for OTA prl/etc updation!

and best is ask Parin bro! he is well versed with cdma iPhone!

iOS 5 can not be downgraded to lower unless shsh blobs are saved - and firmware is preserved. Dude there is one option as I herd from Parin you have to edit plist and put your min in mdn manually. It might work!!!!

Please let me know which plist file needs to be edited if possible!

Majrul - You know what only Hetal is the solution who can get your phone back without changing OS.

Anyways, Mail me your MDN at amitjain@rimweb.in

I shall get your work done without changing your OS and all

And if i am not wrong you are having a Prepaid Number on iPhone. Am I right?

Prepaid number always ask Nine digit pin even if you you activate and it send old prepaid number in Lingering state Just Downgrade the OS if you have BLOB saved by Tiny Umbrella buts its a long story

@Marulk i was angry becuase *228 Say

"Please Dial Nine Digit Pin Number you got from Getting Started Kit (GSK)"

and you mixed it with RSN or MEID which is 14 Digit Alfa Numeric Number / A Wrong Question will confuse more noobs then giving them some insight about the problem

How complicated is iPhone??? :D Thank god I am not iPhone lover.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Hetal. I am happy that you replied to my post. Really sorry if my post made you angry. Hope i will receive your help!

Also what happened is the Reliance store we went to, that guy out there, helped us in transferring the no, but he didn't gave us any HCC or GSK. He just told us to fill up a form along with address proof and other details, and in 5 mins approx, the old phone automatically got deactivated and the no. got transferred to the iPhone.

Edited by majrul

How complicated is iPhone??? Thank god I am not iPhone lover.

Amit ji what is HCC and rsn and Meid to do with iPhone being complicated - it's there in every phone.

Taptalk on ™iPad 2