Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KapilAgrawal

Call Conference Trick On Motorola Droid 2 & Droid 2 Global

Call Conference Trick on Motorola Droid 2 & Droid 2 Global (Might Work on Photon & other Handsets as well)-----

Create a contact with name 'A and save number 3, 1. all seperate.

For Example

Name - 'A

Mobile - 1

Home - 3

And call the 1st person, after call connects. Add call and dial the second person.

When your call connects, press home & open contacts. Open 'A and select/Dial 3 to call conference.

And same way you can press home, Open contact 'A & Select/dial 1 to disconnect last called person.

Please give me +1 if this works for you & Helps you.

Thanks.

• Like 9

Kapil bhai well put. A good start is a like half the battle won :hi2: . however this does not do the trick with Motorola photon. For guys who do not knew this way out I tried this method but the only difference was I did not create a contact rather dialed it directly from dialer screen. On Motorola stock dialer you get the message ''Call not sent". FYI you cannot replace the stock dialer with dialer apps like go dialer as just the skin changes but the core dialer remains the same.

In case of Samsung Fascinate no trick is required to make a call conference while in home circle. But it fails even with putting a '3' while in roaming.

I'll try your this trick in roaming and if succeed, I'll definitely give you a '+1'.

Actually there is no provision of giving more '+1's, otherwise some posts are so helpful, people are always ready to give more number of '+1's to a single post.

There could be such provision - if the degree of helpfulness is more, one can click on the 'up green arrow' more number of times.

For Motorola Droid 2, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global this works no matter its roaming or home circle.

I tried the above trick with my Motorola Bionic, but it didn't work.

I have been trying to enable my phone for call conference but nothing is working. Pls help me.

This is what I am doing:-

1. I dial Person A and ask him to hold the call.

2. I tap the 'Add call' button

3. I dial Person B

4. When 'B' answers I tap the 'Merge Calls' button.

My phone shows as if call conference is happening, but Person A is not able to hear anything except a slow beep-beep sound ('hold' sound)

try the method as mentioned in 1st post.

Merge call does not work on reliance. Its meant for Verizon.

Cool !!

The method in the 1st post WORKS !!!!!

Thanks a lot again Kapil bhai ... 'Aap dhanya hain!' ..lol

I was tapping 'merge call' which was the mistake I made earlier.

I have also now made a 'shortcut' on the home screen to directly dial '3' of contact 'x' ..so that things are speeded up and i dont have to open the 'Contacts' app.

Thanks again bro!

Great. above call conference method Confirmed to be working on

Droid 3,

Droid 2,

Droid 2 Global,

Droid Bionic,

Droid Pro

I tried the above trick with my Motorola droid 3, but it didn't work. I have been trying to enable my phone for call conference but nothing is working. Pls help me.

2. I tap the 'Add call' .

3 I dial Person B.

4. Nothing happens except except a slow beep-beep sound ('hold' sound)

point # 4 -- you hear the beap beap sound or the person A.

If you hear beap beap than call is working.

It works on Postpaid only. Not on Prepaid.

Works on RAZR MAXX

Dialed first number

Put number on hold

dialed another number

dialed "3" from saved contact and conference begun

Thanks Kapil +1 for this

Th

:)

Thanks for the confirmation. It works on GB or ICS as well ?

I tried the above trick with my Motorola droid 3, but it didn't work. I have been trying to enable my phone for call conference but nothing is working. Pls help me.

2. I tap the 'Add call' .

3 I dial Person B.

4. Nothing happens except except a slow beep-beep sound ('hold' sound)

I hope prior to this you added a contact Person 'X' in your phone book with '3' (single digit) as his phone number

5. After you dial Person B, you have to dial Person 'X'

:)

Thanks for the confirmation. It works on GB or ICS as well ?

I am on ICS, I never checked with GB though.

@Kapil it works on my Epic 4G also. I'm on CM9 RC2.. :signthankspin:

Boy%20Thumbs%20Up.gif:clap:

and one :cheers:

was looking for call conference for long long time...

First time, on step 4, i could hear second party. Since then, when i dial second number, i get a beep beep sound, like european police siren. i think reliance telecom has disablED THE FEATURE FOR MY LINE. FYI, I AM ON POSTPAID.

Hi,

I happened to purchase a Moto milestone xt800 (dual sim cdma plus gsm)from flipkart without doing much of research on a very obvious feature - conference call.

I have a cdma post paid connection which i've been using since the last four years with concall activated. To my dismay, this feature doesnot work on moto xt800. though it works well thru the gsm sim.

After dialling the first and the second party (after they answer),though i am able to press 3 on the dail pad, no call button is thr to press and go ahead.

I tried saving a contact called '3' and tried dialling that after taking the two parties on call, but it's repeatedly saying -'Call not sent'

Reliance guys have been repetedly registering this as a complaint, but with no improvement so far.

Motorola guys (thru their callcentre) disowned it on the very first day saying that it's a service provider issue.

I tried this with a OMH cdma sim, but to see no change at all

Pls help me fix it.

Hi,

I tried saving a contact called '3' and tried dialling that after taking the two parties on call, but it's repeatedly saying -'Call not sent'

Pls help me fix it.

Rather than saving a contact called '3' save a contact called 'x' with his number as '3'.... Then try

^

It matters little what name you provide for a contact with number '3'. It is better to provide a name with number or alphabet A so that it remains at the top of the contact list.

It seems this handset has issues regarding conference call using CDMA segment.

^

It matters little what name you provide for a contact with number '3'.

Agreed bro. I think the best way for this is to create a 'Direct Dial' Shortcut on the home screen, rather than having to go to 'People' app and then choosing a contact to make the call.

I tried making a contact 'x' as suggested, with its number as 3.

It's still showing 'call not sent'....i also tried with Direct Dial app...it didnt work either...

i tried out with a couple of other dialer apps, but in vain...

as somebody mentioned, this phone seems to have some inherent issue in handling con-call on cdma...

feel like having lost 10k big time......:(

Call Conference Trick on Motorola Droid 2 & Droid 2 Global (Might Work on Photon & other Handsets as well)-----

I tried this Call conference trick with my HTC Incredible also. It works perfectly. Thanks Kapil bhai for the info

Thanks Kapil.. I did manage to use Call conference on RCOM CDMA in my photon using the same method. :thumb:

Below is what i did ( For the benefit of other photon users)

Create a contact with Name Conf with Main number as 1 and alternate number as 3

Create a direct dial on desktop for Conf contact and number 3 and another direct dial for Conf contact and number 1

Call the first person.

Once call is received use "Add call" button on the dialer and call the second person (Now the first person would have gone to hold automatically)

Once the second person has received the call,Press the home button and go to main screen and press the Direct dial (Created for for number 3) created by you earlier.

Now all three should be in conference call... :D

You can use one more direct dial for number 1 to go back to the first person and drop the second person.

Kapil .. You can include Photon also in the topic Name..

Hi,

I happened to purchase a Moto milestone xt800 (dual sim cdma plus gsm)from flipkart without doing much of research on a very obvious feature - conference call.

Pls help me fix it.

Check if CM9/CM7 is available for your model, if yes flash it and try... it will work