dkaile

Review: Samsung Google Nexus-S 4G From Sprint - Curvy Babe

Features & Specs - http://www.google.co....html#/features

Sprint Home Page : http://now.sprint.co...ID=vanity:nexus

img2218kw.jpg

Stock Photos:

big-3.jpg

Initial Observations-

1. Phone is a perfect size in hand. Neither too big nor too small. Very light too.

2. The sAMOLED screen is brilliant and curved screen is fanciful

3. It is already on 2.3.7 Stock Gingerbread, much higher than the S2's 2.3.4 Edit: Update to ICS 4.0.4

4. The glossy back can be prone to scratches

5. The volume seems lower than the S2 but is still ok

6. The wifi network coverage and tower connections are also slightly poorer than the S2

7. It could not get activated by *228/*228001/*228015 and I had to manually feed the MIN after MDN retain. Edit: I heard it is actually done by *22898

8. The camera quality is quite good of both the front and rear cameras. Videos can be taken with flash from both of them. Video Chat on Gtalk worked perfectly.

9. Facebook sync of contacts does NOT work as Google and Facebook have blocked each other and having a well documented tiff over this. Default Facebook app, however works well.

10. There is NO notification light. My better half likes it that way unlike me. Less disturbance, she says.

11. There is ONLY 16GB internal memory. No sd card slot. Should be sufficient for most.

12. The 3.5mm and micro usb slots are on the bottom which I think is the perfect place for both of them.

13. No dedicated camera button. Only volume rockers and power button on sides. Nothing on top.

14. The COST of the phone is the biggest ++ point and I suggest people looking for top of the line phones for their better half's, better get this. It retails at 30K in GSM. (20k for the LCD model). 13~15K for this one in cdma.

15. This will be the 1st phone to get Ice Cream Sandwich update after the Galaxy Nexus (most probably next month) and may also include the much hyped Face Unlock feature.

16. It already has NFC (Near Field Communication) which is absent on the S2, so its quite future proof.

17. The 1500mah battery lasts 2 days without evdo.

18. GPS lock is very quick, however there is a 5 degree magnetic north pole error that I found on all Samsung US phones including Epic. Only the S2 is the exception and I feel its a software issue.

Some photos -

Unboxed -

post-18748-0-82650000-1321369318_thumb.j

The back cover with the NFC antenna embedded in it

post-18748-0-04023000-1321369324_thumb.j

The 1500mah battery

post-18748-0-72199200-1321369332_thumb.j

Compared with the Sprint Galaxy S2

post-18748-0-65988300-1321369337_thumb.j post-18748-0-93029200-1321369348_thumb.j post-18748-0-63998600-1321369355_thumb.j

post-18748-0-07855200-1321369362_thumb.j

Already on 2.3.7

post-18748-0-74714300-1321369367_thumb.j

2 pieces bought

post-18748-0-50337200-1321369371_thumb.j

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 9

Great review again - congrats!

Taptalk on ™iPad 2

congrats!

Wah dhirajbabu.. Badhiya hai..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Its amazing phone at the given cost thanks to Sadikk bhai am using it awesome display and curved screen

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Excellent review

excellent review of excellent phone! . . sadikk bhai thanks . .for the + price that you offered . . .

For better network coverage immediately enable EVRC-B -

Enter Data Settings (at YOUR OWN RISK; Dont enter the EVDO sub menu otherwise your data settings may be reset)

*#*#3282#*#* > Edit > Enter MSL (000000)

Data Profile - Tick EVRC B to enable it

Further to zero out proxy continue as below-

Advance > Others> Multimedia

RTSP Proxy & HTTP Proxy : 0.0.0.0 & 0

RTSP Port & HTTP Port: 0.0.0.0 & 0

Thanks for the review. Is there any way to improve the wifi and GPS characteristics of the Nexus S 4G? Those are two features that I found to be slightly weak on an otherwise excellent phone.

Edited by rahulsid

Thanks for the review. Is there any way to improve the wifi and GPS characteristics of the Nexus S 4G? Those are two features that I found to be slightly weak on an otherwise excellent phone.

I found the GPS to be excellent. The magnetic north problem is with the compass programming and does not effect the gps programs. Wifi is definitely slightly weak when compared to S2 but not a major issue.

Edited by dkaile

Well I too found the GPS quite ok except for certain times when it takes a really long time for the GPS to lock on. I have faced this peculiar situation where in certain locations, my GPS just would not lock onto satellites, regardless of the weather conditions. However, in certain other locations, (I tried using the GPS Test app), the GPS would lock on in seconds. So not really sure what the issue is. Which is why I commented on the GPS. Wifi definitely is much weaker as compared to even my wife's Nokia 5800. It loses lock from my router even half way distance from where the Nokia continues to operate. If there is some hack to improve the Wifi, would be definitely welcome.

Regards

Rahul

Official Sprint Nexus S 4G Ice Cream Sandwich Update Will Start Rolling Out Today, February 16th.

wm_nexus_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Did anybody got official OTA update for ICS ....on nexus s 4g ?? ....it been long waiting for official update :(

Yesterday Night received OTA to ICS version 4.0.4. Baseband D720SPRLC1

Took total 10 minutes to upgrade. All settings intact.

Looking great...

:previous:

Gr8 New for nexus users

Mee tooooo updated to 4.04

oS is awesome

Taptalk on ™iPad 2

Dear All,

I have recently bought Nexus S. Still exploring the smart functions of this smart phone. My phone is running on ICS Android Version. I need some help for my below mentioned queries about this phone---

1. I have noticed lag in operation since couple of days, like opening of sms function, call function etc taking long time than normal/before. For SMS I am using GO SMS PRO application as I need group SMS function which was not there as default. I have installed some applications which are occupying the internal memory around 223 mb out if 1 gb & external memory around 852 mb out of 13 gb. How to fix this lagging issue...

2. How to improve the signal strength as its always dropping (but no call drops), which normally affects internet speed in mobile as well using internet thru WiFi Tethering on laptop...

3. Where I will get the link for complete guide to understand every function in details with guidance about how to efficiently operate this phone...

My seller is very cooperative but I don't want to bother him for every issue which comes while daily use of the phone hence posting this here.

Expecting valuable solution from Gurus and users of this phone.

Regards,

Sadanand

Thane, Maharashtra

Hi,

I am interested to buy this phone from cellwala, any one have experience to buy from cellwala

they are asking the payments to be deposited in bank account. and send the email for dispatch.

Is any problem found in Reliance CDMA.

Hi,

I am interested to buy this phone from cellwala, any one have experience to buy from cellwala

they are asking the payments to be deposited in bank account. and send the email for dispatch.

Is any problem found in Reliance CDMA.

I have bought 2 phones from him. Reliable seller. So proceed and enjoy

Thanks, Pasumark,

How about the performance of Samsung Nexus S?

I tried to visited your site but its down by your hosting provider. PM me to have free web-site & hosting.

Thanks again.

^^^

Nexus S is really good one. I am really enjoying it.

My site www.pasumark.com was down due to server migration yesterday. Today you can visit

Dear friends,

I am using Nexus S 4G from last 4 months. But since last couple of days the below mentioned network related Notification is appearing on phone's home page continuously as soon as I unlock the phone---

"Network error, please check the network!"

Though I have not observed any abnormalities while using the phone, still I would like to know the probable reasons for this notification and how to get rid of it.

Friends please help me to resolve above issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sadanand Sapkal

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

:previous:

Hello, I would suggest you must use stock rom as it is more stable as compared with custom rom