Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Review: Samsung Google Nexus-S 4G From Sprint - Curvy Babe

Do it thru cdma workshop 2.7

That's fastest...

Entering through phone is hit n run...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Today all of sudden my all the Camera Photos from Gallery got erased.

I have noticed this immediately after I took some photos from camera today. The currently took 9 photos are only available in Galleries Camera Section.

Can anybody tell me what could had happened...

Any option to restore the lost photos...

Pls help...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Today all of sudden my all the Camera Photos from Gallery got erased.

I have noticed this immediately after I took some photos from camera today. The currently took 9 photos are only available in Galleries Camera Section.

Can anybody tell me what could had happened...

Any option to restore the lost photos...

Pls help...

AFAIK, there is no such app available on Android platform that can restore lost data. There is a software on playstore to be installed to protect data files, if the data gets deleted, this app will restore it. App to be installed before the data gets lost.

Sent from my Y2 using Tapatalk HD

Dear friends, My Sync function for CONTACTS with Gmail has been stopped since yesterday morning. All other things like gmail, calendar is getting synced with gmail as per the real time. But contacts are showing the last successful date and time only since yesterday morning. I have googled and get to know the solution like clearing contacts data, but I would not like to take that risk as I have contacts backup till last sync only and after that I have created a group as well as added some numbers in contacts, which may be lost. Can any one suggest me solution for my problem...

^

Sometimes Facebook contacts sync causes issues with Google Contacts sync. Try disabling Facebook sync if you have enabled it.

Dear dkaile sir,

I have tried disabling the Facebook sync also, but it has not resolved the contact sync error issue.

My Contacts Sync Problem resolved by doing "Clear Data" of Contacts Storage in Apps Settings section.

Thanks all for looking at my post.

Dear friends, <br /><br />I am facing lot of lagging and slow functioning of my Samsung Google Nexus S 4G since last few days. <br /><br />Need the expert advise to make the phone faster. <br /><br />Just to share with you all, I am using "Avast Mobile Security" as antivirus and "Go Launcher", "whatsapp" as well as "Go SMS Pro" apps since long. <br /><br />Currently I have installed few apps like- <br />Du Battery Saver, <br />Hike, <br />Hola internet accelerator, <br />iMobile, <br />Smart Voice Recorder & <br />AirDroid. <br /><br />Can you friends guide me, how to make my phone function little faster...<br /><br />Regards, <br />Sadanand<br /><br />Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Rajan sir, your suggested link is having a game and not the solution for my problem. Is it by mistake... <br /><br />Pls advice me for the solution to make my nexus s 4 g faster and lag free.<br /><br />Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

@Sadanand why dont you try and root your phone. I am also using the same phone as yours and now am on custom rom. I would personally suggest SlimRom from XDA developers. Trust me, it is extremely difficult to find a ROM that is less than 80 Mb and yet works extremely efficiently. The latest update is 4.2.2. The lesser the OS size, the lesser would be the lag since more memory is automatically available. Plus, once you are rooted, you would be able to shift a lot of memory hogging apps to the external memory which will again improve your phone performance.

Rajanbhai, I have tried using Lagfix (fstrim) on Nexus S 4g and have not observed too much of an improvement as far as performance is concerned. It is more or less incompatible with the particular handset is what I am given to understand. Maybe it is because I am rooted, not too sure about that.

Regards

Rahul

• Like 1

Uninstall Hola and see

• Like 1

Thanks Arun sir, just uninstalled the Hola App, will observe the changes and update. <br />Thanks Rahul Ji for looking into my problem, but I am afraid whether I can do Root and install custom ROM on my own. If you can guide me on PM then I will try for the same. Sorry for troubling you more.<br /><br />Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Dear Sadanandji,

Rooting is quite a simple proposition as far as the Nexus S 4G is concerned. I too was a novice and then decided to take the plunge after checking out various forums. Check out XDA forums, read up about Nexus S 4G in the concerned sub section of the forum. Once you have rooted your phone, you would be able to take advantage of the various ROMs available and choose which one you feel is the best for you. If you want my help, am more than available and willing to help. You may message me on PM.

Regards

Rahul

• Like 1

Thanks Rahul Ji, <br /><br />I will try as suggested and definitely take your help wherever required.<br /><br /><br />Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Let me try and post links so that you are able to access them directly

1. Complete help regarding Unlocking, Rooting, Relocking and unrooting for Nexus S 4g

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1984849

2. Various posts including all ROMs for Nexus S 4g

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1171

3. Specific link to the Slim Rom that I am using on my handset

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2060483

http://www.slimroms.net

Regards

Rahul

• Like 2

Thanks Rahul ji..!<br /><br />Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

You can also check out this particular website which gives step by step guide for rooting of Nexus S 4G.

http://nexusshacks.com/nexus-s-root/how-to-root-nexus-s-or-nexus-s-4g-on-ics-or-gingerbread/

It is really simple and worth the effort. As anyone out here will agree, the fun of Android is rooting, custom ROMs etc, something which is lacking in Windows and iOS. So if you are on Android, then you are "supposed" to root, "supposed" to install custom ROMs and "supposed" to keep changing ROMs as and when you get bored. As far as apps are concerned, there are a lot you can pick up right here in RIMWEB through our beloved members.

This post is not just for Sadanandji but for each and every one who has been fortunate to lay his hand on a Nexus S 4G! Trust me, you will all enjoy the experience. I learnt it myself and am more than willing to guide any newbie through the procedure if they so wish to. Please contact me on PM.

Regards

Rahul

Edited by rahulsid
  • Like 1

Dear friends,

My phone book search become case sensitive.

For example if I have a phone book entry as "Bhavesh Patel", then to locate the same I have to put first or last name in search window with the same format (H or P Capital). If I put "bhavesh" or "patel" in search window then it doesn't work.

Few days back there was no such problem.

Can any body guide me, how to correct this...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sadanand Sapkal

How to activate call waiting on nexus s4g. i tried calling *311 but "please check the number you have called" message.

i am on JB 4.1.1 unrooted. Also GPS is not at all getting locked to an exact position. it will show a blue dot with big circle say 3 or 4 kms radius. any solutions?

How to activate call waiting on nexus s4g. i tried calling *311 but "please check the number you have called" message.

i am on JB 4.1.1 unrooted. Also GPS is not at all getting locked to an exact position. it will show a blue dot with big circle say 3 or 4 kms radius. any solutions?

For GPS you can try this

Switch off all the location services in settings then go to dialer and dial*#*#GPSCLRX#*#* then enter your spc and it will clear the GPS data and may ask you to reboot. Download GPS STATUS from the market , enable location services and then open GPS status and wait for the. It can take upto 5 min for the lock. You can also clear the data through GPS status.

• Like 1

I am using Nexus S 4G too. I am on a rooted phone with SlimBean ROM 4.2.2 Jellybean. I did try *311 just now and it is working. So dont know why there is an issue with you.

Regarding GPS, I dont know about Google Maps since I dont use it much but I am using Sygic and I have realised that if I turn on maps around 15-30 secs AFTER I turn on the GPS and with data ON, the signal acquisition is almost instant. It takes about maximum 15 secs or so for the phone to lock on to correct location. I turn off data after that. However, with data OFF initially, location acquisition can take time, sometimes even upto 5 mins from a cold start.

Do check out. Maybe clearing GPS stats as suggested above might help

Regards

Rahul

• Like 1

Dear friends,

Is Call Conference Possible in Nexus S 4G..?

If Yes, then can anyone tell me step by step about doing it...

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Dear friends,

Is Call Conference Possible in Nexus S 4G..?

If Yes, then can anyone tell me step by step about doing it...

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Not possible in nexus s

You can get fascinate

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi

I'm Using Nexus s for past 6 months but my network coverage is always low and nor do my phone catch up the wifi signal also. even when i'm standing next to my router the wifi strength s jus a single point. and i tried contacting my seller who s from unjha but he s also not responding to my requests so can any 1 pls help me out with tis issue. and even when the update is downloaded the phone gets hanged in between during update showing an !mark on the android and i have to jus remove the battery and restart my phone to put it in working.