Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
copperco2

Huawei EC1260 Modem Drivers Required

I need modem drivers for Huawei 1260. Auto install failed and the drivers could not be detected.

It may help if somebody could provide with the files that come loaded in the modem for auto install.

thanks in advance.

i did that but the modem drivers somehow did not get installed.

The BB+ icon got in place but once the hardware is attached it failed to install the drivers.

Is there any update for drivers of this modem? I updated to win 10 and am having problems. Was there any update when win 8 was launched?

If anyone who has updated to Windows 10 & is having trouble with the Huawei EC1260 modem, please do the following:-

• Download the following package (around 25 Mb) from the Huawei Support page link below:-
  • http://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=13967
  • From the extracted zip file open the iso image from which please install the setup.exe file. There is even a tutorial video in the zip file for help.
  • The drivers will be installed along with a software called 'Mobile Partner'. Don't bother with the software & let it remain installed in the background.
  • Restart the PC & you will find the Reliance Dialer auto install (if not installed earlier) & then the device will be found as normal.
  • Make relevant changes of your number to the Dialer settings & you are good to go as normal.

Basically the package installs relevant Win 10 drivers which are (strangely) not available separately anywhere else.

Its been working perfectly for me. If anyone has any queries, please feel free to ask me here.

Best of luck!

• Like 1