Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Update Verizon Fascinate i500 to Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jellybean

@joshm..

btw , yesterday night i did try flashing the eh03 rom (downloaded from xda link) but did this without flashing atlas pit 2.2. It Dint work & was stuck at modem again.

I dint try flashing atlas pit as just in case it dint work, it would change the file structure/partition & i would not be able to flash my EH19 rom to make my phone work.

Thanks '

Swapnil

Well ATLAS PIT isnt needed at all if you are switching from TOUCHWIZ to touchwiz ROM ,

but its mandatory if you are coming from CM7 , CM9 or any other MTD rom to toucwiz.

===================================================================================

FC27 can only be flashed over a working EH03 ROM ( anything from superclean , resurrection , geewiz or stock eh03 )

If you are interested in FC27 modem only ( which is what i RECOMMEND) then the best is if you are running a good EH03 structure then do a nandroid backup

once done

flash FC27 with ODIN

reboot

shutdown

go to recovery

and just restore your nandroid backup.

=====================================================================================

Also i strogly recommend all to use 2.8 GEEWIZ ROM , KERNEL with FC27 Modem and red recovery - with this setup your phone will work like an ace really.

the setup works very well with EH03 modem too

=======================================================================================

The ICS builds arent that stable at all , loads of things crash randomly so i have decided to not post them or provide any support to them.

Sorry if anyone feels bad but its better to avoid - atleast for a few more weeks may be .

@ Silver : the ICS flashing requires a lot of steps and a lot of files , unless there are many users interested , I am sorry to say i wont make that much of labour ( i hope u ll understand )

and the builds arent that stable , random force closes and random bugs also lags are pretty evident ( atleast thats what i noticed )

no worries joshm........i totally understand...and i even dont want a build which has problems. I dont mind waiting. Thanks a lot.

I used latest version of odin to flash the EH03 (md5 checked result :ok) onto my phone (currently on eh19 official reliance upgrade) but it does not succeed. I have tried odining the FC27 too but with same results.And all this has been tried for more than a couple of times but everytime it has ended with the same result. FAIL.

I'm forced to odin the eh19 back to keep my phone working.

Is there anything Reliance might have blocked in the handset so that i cannot update it (update procedure always gets stuck at Modem.bin) or is it that i am missing out on something else to get it upto GB. I sincerely feel this because everyone else (originally from verizon) has been able to do so without any issue so far. I understand that i need to be atleast on EH03 to try out all other updates

I need your help Please ........... :sos::nerves::sos:

Also, one more thing that i have found out is that when i connect my phone to Kies mini software, it says Unregistered device (inspite of EH19 being official reliance) :ranting: .

I suggest u Odin recovery n then flash rom/kernal/modem thru recovery instead of Odin. I too faced this modem.bin issue on one of my Verizon fascinate so i did follow above steps n was able to flash directly from DL09 to geewiz eh03 on recovery instead of Odin.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Dear Hiteshkkk1,

Can you please tell me the procedure in detail?

or

Can i follow the steps mentioned below(copied from droidstyles guide on xda) to install CWM (step 1 to 7) and then root my phone (step 8 to 14)

Instructions:

1. Install Samsung drivers on your computer.

2. Open Odin on your computer. (You may need to disable antivirus programs on your computer and/or phone for this to work properly.)

3. Power off your phone and remove the battery.

4. Plug the stock USB cord that came with your phone into a powered USB port on your computer (usually on the back of the computer).

5. Press and hold the "volume down" button on your phone, and continue to hold it while plugging the USB cord into your phone. This will put your phone into download mode. You'll see a large yellow triangle on the screen of your phone. (Let go of the volume button at this point.) You will also see one of the small boxes in Odin turn yellow, as well as "Added" appearing in the message box.

6. Click the PDA button in Odin (NOT the PHONE button) and navigate to the "CWM2.5_Voodoo.tar.md5" file you downloaded earlier. This file does not include a voodoo kernel and will not perform the voodoo lagfix conversion. It's only named as such to note that it is compatible with voodoo kernels.

7. Click START. When this process has finished, you'll be notified in Odin (succeeded 1 / failed 0) and your phone's screen will go blank.

*** Step 8 is only for rooting Froyo. If you're rooting Gingerbread, skip Step 8 and proceed to Step 9. ***

8. Unplug your phone and click RESET in Odin. Repeat Step 5 to get the phone back into download mode and recognized by Odin. Using the PDA button, navigate to the "stock_kernel.tar.md5" file you downloaded earlier, select it, and press START. You'll again be notified in Odin once this process has completed (succeeded 1 / failed 0).

9. Unplug your phone and re-insert the battery.

10. Press and hold BOTH volume buttons. While holding them, press the power button. Hold all three simultaneously until you see "SAMSUNG" appear. This will boot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery. If your phone boots up normally here and not into recovery, just wait for it to boot up and then power it down and try again. It may take a couple tries for you to get it right.

11. Using the volume rocker, navigate down to "Install zip from sdcard." Highlight it and press the power button to select.

12. Navigate to "choose zip from sdcard" and select with the power button.

13. Navigate to the "su-2.3.6.1.x.zip" file that you downloaded earlier and select it. Scroll to "Yes," and use power button to select.

14. When you're advised of completion, press the MENU softkey to go back to the previous CWM Recovery screen, then highlight and select "reboot system now."

well you can follow the guide above or the simplest way would be

flash DL09 with atlas pit

reboot

shutdown

flash EH03 again ( this time as well with atlas pit )

once done update me and i ll guide you further.

you need to set the file system right first this is why advising you this method

If Eh03 flash fails and you suspect that ll happen again

then for safe side

store geewiz 2.8 system file + 2.8 kernel file on your sd card

If eho3 flash fails just go again in doiwnload mode and flash the red recovery

once done

reboot into recovery and flash geewiz system ( ROM ) and then kernel.

should be good.

Dear Joshm,

After doing this above mentioned procedure to flash DL09 & then EH03 , just in case EH03 fails, can i flash eh19 and get my phone to work? (currently i feel that it is the best working rom i have). Will atlas pit create any issues flashing eh19??

Also, need the link to DL09.

well ATLAS pit just repartitions the file system but you are right if we expect atlas pit to help solve your issues then prolly it might interfere with EH19

ok dont use atlas for now and do the process

here is the DL09 download link

DL09

Dear Joshm,

Actually yesterday i took a chance and tried to odin eh03 with atlas pit. But the result was the same. Fail.

Should I try hiteshkkk's method? ie. Via recovery.

If yes, could you just tell the same in detail...

Also, if I follow the update process by using red recovery, will I have to clear all data, dalvik and cache

Edited by Maverick75
  • Like 1

also there is one more awesome ROM from a operator in US

its CCellular

the good thing about that ROM is that when u ll flash it over your current setup , it will not format your data and you ll switch to gingerbread

See i have tried it on my existing GB ROM and it didnt format the data ( TBH dont know how it ll behave on an existing FROYO , but i think it wont create any issue.

I think you should try this out coz the modem FC27of this particular ROM is really awesome , somehow its going down pretty well with RELIANCE's network , i am getting very very good data speeds with it :)

Here is the LINK

https://www.rapidsha...US_by_JoshM.rar

just download and extract this

CI500_CS_FC27_GB_REL_KIES.tar

and flash it in PDA option in ODIN after backing up your data and apps.

can we update this directly on Froyo ED01

@ Maverick :use this and flash with ODIN , should flash

GeeWiz 2.8.1 ROM/Kernel/Modem/Recovery/Data Wipe Full Update (ODIN)

WARNING: This will delete all user data from your device, replace your RECOVERY with GeeWiz Recovery as well as replace your modem with the EH03 revision.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qooa03...252012.tar.md5

MD5: a53b333ed17c9fd746e6c9741b7b1706

if its successful then after one reboot flash this EH03 modem with ODIN

mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?42rwjk3eal6zpoa

md5: 6cf6959d0316f7089fa956d50a387902

the geewiz version will add GEEWIZ custom recovery to your phone , if you dont blike then later on you can flash red recovery.

@

jairijhwani : yes you can

@joshm.

I'm trying out the geewiz rom now. will update you abt the result.

BTW, how do i get into geewiz recovery, Vol- & power or 3 finger?

FAILED

Edited by Maverick75

I tried flashing Red recovery through Odin. Result OK.

Inserted battery. Used 3 button to go into recovery mode but after samsung logo, it says standard recovery failed. I had to pull battery.

the geewiz recovery works in the same manner as the usual recovery does

and the reboot into recovery option is there inside the shutdown menu when you press and hold the power button

>> NAVIGATION <<

VOLUME UP: Move menu item selection bar up

VOLUME DOWN: Move menu item selection bar down

MENU: Go back to previous menu

HOME: Go back to main menu

BACK: Select highlighted menu item

SEARCH: No operation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> MENUS <<

MAIN MENU

Install Update Package - Opens an SDCARD file browser and allows you to select an Update-Zip package to be installed to your device

Wipe Device Data - Shows the Wipe Device Data Menu

Manage Volumes - Shows the Manage Volumes Menu

Tools - Shows the Tools Menu

Exit - Exits recovery and reboots the device

Hi Joshm and everyone,

I am on Eclair, rooted more than an year back, and hasn't changed anything since then. I found this thread really helpful to trust that something could be done with "fascinate". Otherwise, I would have given up on the phone completely. It has become quite slow lately for no apparent reason and hangs frequently.

Hardware version - i500.04

Model Number - SCH-I500

Firmware Version - 2.1-update1

Baseband Version - S:i500.04 V.DI01

Kernel Version - 2.6.29

Build number - SCH-I500.DI01

Connected through Reliance on 1X.

That's pretty much the current state of my device.. don't know what several of those terms mean. Can you please guide me to upgrade to the best Gingerbread ROM for fascinate? Also it would be great if you let me know what I could do to get EVDO.

PS: I don't know what terms like "brick your phone", etc mean. Plz bear with me for a while.. :)

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Renuka Prasad.

HI!

Yesterday, i had tried the following:

My phone was on froyo EH19

I Odined RED RECOVERY 2.5.1.x (cwm rec all)

Shut Down. 3 Fingered the phone to red recovery.

Flashed GeeWiz 2.8 ROM (EDIFY Update-Zip) using red recovery

Flashed GeeWiz 2.8 Kernel (EDIFY Update-Zip) using red recovery

Booted the Phone.

Phone started with Verizon screen. I allowed it to boot completely. For the First time i saw the GB screen on my phone. Was very happy But then, immediately the "Select Language" Window came up.

No matter what choice i made but it did not move any further than that. I could receive calls though & the data signal showed as 3G connected too so the data was also working fine.

I tried booting again. Din't work. (The same problem was faced previously by one more reliance user goenkamridul )

So i Odined EH19 again. Calls & Data working fine. Restored my phone.

Meanwhile i've rooted my phone. Done a titanium Backup. Also done a nandroid backup too for EH19 using red recovery for faster restoration.

Where did i go wrong???

pls help.....

Hi Marverick75,

I have the same problem when I am flashing with EH03.

But thanX to joshm and sunilromy who guided me so much.

You can refer it from page no. 6 and 7.

How and when do I access dial pad?

When I flashed geewiz rom and kernel and started the phone, it showed language option and was not letting me do anything else.

From the earlier pages, I found that you were not able to connect to cdma workshop. How did you solve out through DFS?

Edited by Maverick75

@Marverick

I think when an incoming call is coming you can access to your dial pad...

don't know about the flas what you have made.

and I am helped by sunil online through DFS CDMA tools.

these guys are helping me a lot.

hey Maverick : first : i had updated you that yours is official reliance and this will get messy

coz i remember my data was gone rather always vanishes whenever i use Eh19 on my fassy.

your issue is pretty common , if you can access your dial pad by any means then follow Sunil's method

or follow this ( i guess both are same :P )

1. Press Emergency Call

2. In the dialer, dial:

3. Then hit send.

4. Then hit the Home key. Done!

TBH it was a year back when i had this issue , just in the beginning when i had purchased my fassy, so i cant replicate or update the exact process as i dont really remember the details.

and just do one thing instead of flashing and re-flashing , just forward all ur incoming calls to some other number and then go about it , give it a few hours , i mean so that we can troubleshoot you , most of us are online in the evening, so do it in the evening and wait till night , one of us will surely come to the rescue ( as we were rescued when we were in ur situation :) )

• Like 1

Thanks Joshm,

I'll try it out. Just give confirmation to the below procedure i should follow

As you know my phone is on froyo EH19 (official reliance froyo) and already rooted now.

So I :

1) 3 Finger the phone to red recovery.

2) Flash GeeWiz 2.8 ROM (EDIFY Update-Zip) using red recovery

3) Flash GeeWiz 2.8 Kernel (EDIFY Update-Zip) using red recovery

( Do i have to flash the Radio/modem too) If yes, which one & if you can help me with the download link to the same.

4) Boot the Phone.

5) At the Lock screen, i dial *#83786633 & Hit Send (I have a query here... I think last time when i had my phone on GB, it showed me puzzle screen, so there was no emergency dial option. & the moment i get inside, the language option pops). And, if at all i do get this emergency dial screen, what do you mean by "Hit Send" (does it mean dial ??)

6) Hit the Home Key.

Are these steps enough for getting the phone on GB & working well with Reliance Voice & data. Is there anything missing or anything to be done in addition from the above?

If the above steps are right, please confirm so that i can try it out today itself (as you said in the evening).

Thanks...

Edited by Maverick75

sorry for the late reply dear !!

been busy buyin a new laptop :P

anyways : this is pretty much everything you should do for now

also do a google search with this

bypass language screen fascinate

you ll get many results , and i am sure one of them will help , coz i cant replicate your issue and what i did whenh i had this mess of language screen was just connect the phone thru cdma workshop and enter my mdn ,

you can flash Eh03 modem anytime you like via odin

• Like 1

To all those facing this bypass issue...

Basically, changing min n mdn immediately solves this issue. But unless u start diag mode u can't connect to Cdma workshop. So, before starting any flashing process, i recommend you all to put phone in diag mode by selecting modem in **USBUI. This way, even if u are not able to bypass, just connect phone to cw n change mdn n min n restart. It should not stop at language menu. Then u can again change mdn n min to actual values n restart.

I've actually done this so confident that it will work.

In your case maverick, u can go back to ur backup, start diag mode n come back to geewiz backup n then connect to cw n proceed above steps..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1