Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Update Verizon Fascinate i500 to Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jellybean

JellyBean Update for Samsung fascinate i500

Ok friends here are the details about how you guyz can update your fascinates to the latest JELLYBEAN OS.

There are plenty of JB roms out there , from amoung them i have chosen the JELLYBRO CM10 KANG , later on i will explain about the other options too.

everything works great ( but then ocassional bugs here and there can be seen as these all are unofficial builds )

one imp thing is for JB to work great on fascinate the internal storage partition has been decreased to 500MB , this could be some sort of nuisance to guyz who use 100s of apps ;)

DOWNLOADS and INSTALLATION

PART 1 - If you are already on any ICS or other MTD ROM that is THS builds, aokp or cm9

Here are the files needed [ STORE THEM ALL ON YOUR SD CARD ]

1.. ROM : use the latest one at the top

http://fitsnugly.eur...ce=fascinatemtd

2.. Latest GAPPS -

http://fitsnugly.eur...10&device=gapps

3.. ICS DATA Fix ( required to get the 3G data running , which gets disabled while flashing any ICS ROM on imported I500 mobiles )

http://www.mediafire...srqv32venglftmq

4.. Exclusive Devil Kernel - will update about the compatible kernel later

INSTALLATION :

1.. backup data , backup apps with whatever method you like

2.. Hit power button > select Reboot > Select Recovery > Make a nandroid

3.. Once your nandroid is completed > wipe DATA/factory reset > wipe cache partition > go to advanced > wipe dalvik cache

FOR JELLY BRO

4.. Once done > Flash the JELLYBRO ROM

5.. Once Rom flash completes > flash the gapps > once them are done> flash the data fix

PROFIT

PART 2 - If you are still with Gingerbread, Froyo , Eclair , or - then follow this procedure

Files needed

1...ODIN

http://www.mediafire...6ipsaf418ah8gr5

2..Atlas pit

http://www.mediafire...19fo7ftwgz8tgr8

3..EH03 Stock Gingerbread ROM for Fascinate

http://www.imnuts.or...3_GB_CM.tar.md5

OR

http://www.mediafire...g4afpb8u522oj2y

http://www.mediafire...r4fi9gl59j832yl

4..Clockwork Mod recovery fixed for CM9

http://www.mediafire...fl733m5cys3f6ea

5.. Teamhacksungs build 1

http://www.mediafire...67782p054lp6o22

INSTALLATION -

1 .. Make a nandroid backup of your current ROM ( better safe then sorry - just in case you messup anything )

If you dont know how to make a nandroid backup then ask around the option is there in all custom cwm recoveries

2 .. download all the files on your SD card mentioned in PART 1 of the totorial above

3.. turn off your phone > remove battery > attach the usb cable and put it in download mode ( press vol down and insert the usb cable which is already connected to your PC )

4.. Double click and Open ODIN ( your phone should show on a com port inside odin > click PDA > select the EH03 stock GB file that i have mentioed above

5.. Click Pit and select the atlas pit file mentioned above

6.. Hit start , the stock GB will be flashed > it will take ten minutes for the flash to finish, once completes , put the battery in

7.. Reboot phone > it will take another 10 or so minutes , once it boots shut it down

8.. remove battery > put phone in download mode again ( by holding vol down and inserting the data cable ) > and in PDA section flash the clockworkmod fixed for Cm9 file

9.. Once it completes > put the battery in > DONT restart phone > instaed push and hold volume UP and Volume Down and power button together and you will boot into a all new BLUE cwm recovery

11.. wipe DATA/factory reset > wipe cache partition > go to advanced > wipe dalvik cacahe

12.. Once done > Flash the Team hacksung ics build 15 mentioned above , ( which you have stored on ur SD card ) > if upon completion of ROM flash, your phone itself restarts and goes back to recovery again > dont panic ;) > again wipe all three and flash the Rom again. wait for the rom flash to complete

13.. once Rom flash completes > reboot the phone > [ NOW YOU ARE ON ICS THS 1 ] shutdown > wipe cache > wipe dalvik > wipe data > and flash the JELLYBRO ROM mentioned at the top > flash the gapps file mentioned at the top > flash the ICS data fix

PROFIT again ;)

btw : You cant hold me or RIMWEB responsible, If upon following any of the above steps YOUR PHONE bricks and becomes an expensive paperweight, or ghosts start to haunt you or anything bad happening to you.

• Like 7

Great Job Josh.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

@grebel @maverick75

Hi guys, sorry for the delayed reply. Was out of town.

On the eh19, there is the problem of the factory reset whenever you will restart the phone. I havent found a solution for that.

The ek10 rom from Maverick75 is a lifesaver for us reliance i500 guys...you can play around any which way you like and if there is any problem, come back to ek10, all problems solved :) Even from ICS roms, Ive just flashed the ek10 (no pit needed) and it works. However, the problem with the data on reliance still exists (data will only work on the official reliance rom like ek10). If anybody knows a way out, please lemme also know.

@grebel, the geewiz 2.81 rom + kernel is quite cool, however, you will have to put in your mobile number using cdma workshop to get out of the language selection loop.

Regards, Kartik.

@kki_cdma, the factory reset problem in EH19 is because the "dbdata.rfs" file is missing in the package due to which all the data saved in the phone will not be saved as Database file is not created when u flashed if u want the EH19 Stock ROM just add any "dbdata.rfs" in to the package taken from other stock ROMS of VWZ or Reliance and then create the package with the "dbdata.rfs" file in the added list and you can create the package from the Terminal by using the commands are

Terminal Commands :

1. tar -H ustar -c boot.bin cache.rfs dbdata.rfs factoryfs.rfs modem.bin movinand.bin param.lfs recovery.bin Sbl.bin zImage > package_name.tar

(Were the boot.bin cache.rfs dbdata.rfs factoryfs.rfs modem.bin movinand.bin param.lfs recovery.bin Sbl.bin zImage are file names)

2. md5sum -t package_name.tar >> package_name.tar

3. mv package_name.tar package_name.tar.md5

Note : If EH19 Stock ROM is loaded then phone will work perfectly but it will not be detected in Kies MINI and it will show the "UNREGISTERED DEVICE" error in the firmware colum.

@joshm, does this JB or the ICS roms allow conference calls?

I'm on GB on my Fascinate and use conference calls on a regular basis with TATA CDMA. I've found conference call not maturing (the first call remains on hold and cannot be merged) on a few ICS handsets like Galaxy Nexus, Moto Droid Razr etc.

Topic Title and First Post updated on request. :)

• Like 2

Thanks Josh again.

It indeed takes lot of time in updating step by step guide. Hats off to your prompt response as well. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Great job Joshm. Keep up the good work.

I am not sure coz I have never ever made any conference call from my fassy.

I can't tell about ICS or jb coz they are not official and developers may not have given this feature weightage .

I would have tried but currently I am on GB as I wanted to test a few addons that djp is making for geewiz apart from the jelly bean rim that he is making upon our request.

GWizzing on beautifully :) and freakin loving it.

• Like 1

Hi Joshm.....I recently bought a epic touch 4g. Now i want to activate my secondary no. in my fascinate. To do that i need to enter min no. for which i have to enter into diag mode and connect via cdma workshop. i just flashed the stock eh03 and not able to enter into diag mode by dialling ##8778#.

Dear Slivr I think in Dial **87284.

then a screen is appear... 1.UART with option modem & pda

2.USB with option modem & pda.:rolleyes:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Thanks a lot amit. I was able to do it. Joshm helped me out. and yes its **87284.

I am not sure coz I have never ever made any conference call from my fassy.

I can't tell about ICS or jb coz they are not official and developers may not have given this feature weightage .

I would have tried but currently I am on GB as I wanted to test a few addons that djp is making for geewiz apart from the jelly bean rim that he is making upon our request.

Kindly check when you're back on ICS or JB and tell me. I'll wait for your reply. Thanks.

I will try

Can't promise though as these days I am pretty busy at work and need the phone to work on all grounds that's why switched to gingerbread for a few days.

Regards

Dear Joshm And friends

I have gone thru ICS for more than 1 month. its very buttery and smooth. But some glitches and bugs may be becoz of its not official. Anyway good option if u wanna try ICS on your fassy.

In my usage statistics its not fit for business people. As I need to do many calls and smses, 2-3 hrs of internet, video, music, games etc and basically for business purpose. I m not getting proper sms delivery acknowledgement, i m missing the search option for a missed or received call number by simply giving some of its digits, Facebook integration not working smoothly.

So i decided to go back to official gb eh03.

What are steps to go back to gb please help me

1.. download ODIN on ur PC

2.. attach data cable with PC

3.. backup all ur data and apps from your current ROM with the help of any app ( if you arte already rooted then use mybackup root from market ) its very easy just install and run and select BACKUP and backup all your apps first and then your data

4..note down your MIN no just in case

5.. switch off phone

6.. remove battery

7.. hold vol down button and insert data cable

8.. a big yellow DOWNLOAD triangle will show on phone screen

9.. double click ODIN and run

10.. you ll see a yellow COM port number flashing in one of the top empty boxes , that means your phone is connected to PC correctly and with ODIN as well

cef962a23b.jpg

11. now dont touch any other option on ODIN screen just hit PDA button mind it just the PDA button and give path to the EH03 odin TAR file stored on your PC

7960cc09b0.jpg

12.. hit start and leave the PC and phone alone and dont touch anything

the process will take 5 to 10 min , you might feel its stalled somewhere but dont touch anything let it finish

13.. once finished the screen will go blank on the screen and in ODIN you ll see a message of SUCCESS

14.. put battery back and boot ( booting for the first time will take longer )

have fun !!!

This is Joshm's tutorial. I just copied and pasted it here. you will find all the download links in this thread.

yes , if you are a heavy user who makes use of most functions of your phones then indeed you may not prefer to use ICS or JB , but THS seems pretty stable TBH .

anyways if you wish to go back to OFFICIAL eh03 ( with official i gue3ss you mean the verizon stock eh03 ) then

just download the eh03 stock odin from any of my posts + download the atlas pit file to your PC

once done

just backup your contacts , call logs , smses with super backup app ( pretty nifty it is ) and backup your apps with mybackup root.

after that just switch off the phone

run ODIN on your PC ( link is there on page one )

remove battery from your phone ( its turned off currently )

Put the phone in download mode by pressing and holding volume down button and connect the phone to ur PC with usb cable ( make sure your cable is not faulty )

this way your PC will recognise your phone on a com port and the port will be shown in yellow color on odin

after that hit PDA button on odin and give it path to the EH03 tar file + hit pit button and give it path to the atlas pit file

after that hit start

it will take like 5 to 8 minutes for the flash to complete

once finished > put in the battey and boot the phone

the first boot takes around 6 to 8 minutes

and now you are on stock eh03 official verizon rom ( full of verizon bloat )

===============================================================================

If you wanna root the stock ROM then download the RED RECOVERY from page one and put it on your PC and download the SU zip file on page one and store it on the root of your SD card

Run ODIN on PC

turn off phone

put it in download mode like before and connect to PC

hit PDA button on ODIN > and give it the path of the red recovery

flash by hitting start

put the battery in

dont reboot the phone > instead press the vOL up + Vol down + power button together > this will take you to red recovery > in there just use the option of flash ZIP from SD card and flash the su zip file >

once done reboot phone and update the su aka superuser app :)

you are now rooted and van use my backup root to reinstall and restore your apps - but if you ask me you should ideally download all of them afresh from market as ICS app create issues in GB.

=============================================================================================

hope this helps

if you want to install my favourite GB rom , GEEWIZ then just follow page one.

or i ll outline the process again as per my and your convenience .

have fun

post here if you need anymore help.

regards

@ Silver1 : dear whenever you are downgrading from ICS or JB to GB then you should ideally use the PIT file as the ics and jb ROMS change the file system which can create havoc if you are not partitioned correctly on GB.

thats why PIT file is absolutely necessary .

and loads of thanks for chipping in mate :)

• Like 1

Ok.....Will keep that in mind.

Wanted to share my latest setup

I am currently on GEEWIZ , the ever so dependable ROM of the fascinate, one of the best i have used till date .

I am using it with a few tweaks and a theme , which makes it totally out of the world ,

the USP of this theme is it makes geewiz lightening fast , so much so that it can beat the hell out of any ICS ROM any day ;)

If you are on GEEWIZ and want to have this kind of setup then gimme a SHOUT and i ll add the files plus the procedure

here are the screens

post-75231-0-54714600-1347209547_thumb.jpost-75231-0-83808600-1347209534_thumb.jpost-75231-0-13579300-1347209516_thumb.jpost-75231-0-83974400-1347209499_thumb.jpost-75231-0-44066300-1347209568_thumb.j

i just love this theme , so much so that i made it to work with some tweaking on geewiz ;)

regards

• Like 2

also , as i am looking to upgrade , so may be my days with my beloved fassy are just numbered before i hand it over to some dear one or sell it to one of the good members here at RIMWEB.

so guyz if there are some doubts or queries any of you may be having

now is the time to shooooot..

regards

Hi Joshm.....as you know i have transfered my secondary no. to my fascinate. Now data is not working in it. All the help to activate data will be appreciated.

1..make sure your MDN is entered inh the settings of the phone via CDMA workshop

2.. if that doesnt help then

flash the 1x and hsd prl again

should solve

• Like 1

flashed the prl......but no success. Is there anything else we can do.

Have you shifted your number as well as evdo connection on ur epic touch.

Is EV do activated on your backup number.

Try and talk to reliance if EV do is activated.