Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Update Verizon Fascinate i500 to Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jellybean

dear joshm

my fasciante stopped booting while i was travelling and after coming back i tried following things as per the original post and old downloads

currently my no is working on a ruim on a normal handset and fascinate needs to be retained again once i get the software upgraded

step 1

flashed eh03 and atlas pit through odin (succesful booting in 2.3.5)

flashed red recovery (successful)

flashed superclean 3.0.5 (successful)

but after that i am unable to go to ics build 15

the steps i tried are as follows

flash the cwm_fixed_for_cm7 recovery & boot into it (successful)

wipe data/cache/dalvik (successful)

flash the build15 zip this is failing in 15-20 seconds forcing me to repeat all above steps

HERE I AM FOLLOWING PART II OF THIS PAGE

my questions are as follows

1) do i need to flash some other ics version before moving upto build15 then give me the name (i have most of the files stored as per your thread)

2) is there any good stable jb for fascinate (then i will require the files and steps if possible for you to spare some time)

3) when i go back to webworld for retaining the no do i have to specify "0xA0000024FF606C" or only "A0000024FF606C" as per my original notes

hope i have explained the problem correctly

thanxs in advance

jasmin

Joshm the link for the red recovery does not work... it says invalid or deleted file.......

dear joshm

thanxs for the tip i got it working by 1st upgrading to build2 and then to build15 as per the previous pages of post given by you

but i am getting lot of FCs will chk today full day and report

is geewiz better than ics build15

any jb roms for fasciante which can be upgraded from ics b15

jasmin

i HOPE U WIPED ALL THREE

if still force closes then try wiping cache and dalvik

or may be reinstalling from scratch again.

i believe build 15 is still best on ICS

never got around to using jellybean on fassy :P sorry cant comment , might look around and will update tomorrow.

about GB Geewiz , well its very good and very very stable , everything workd flawlessly and great battery backup too , after trying Buiold 15 i reverted to geewiz and fiund it very soild again ;P

u can do this as well.

regards

Edited by joshm
  • Like 2

I've used PA 2.52 with Devil 1.9.5 kernel & Baked Beans Jelly bean with stock kernel on my phone till date. Both worked flawlessly for me.

I'm still on PA setup till the 4.2 version is out.

:Sorprendido:

• Like 1

Can someone using any Jelly bean rom on Fascinate with working 1x/3g data send me his build.prop and apns-cong.xml file. I need these as i am trying to work out a solution for my data problem with a Dev from xda. Hope it works..

Can someone using any Jelly bean rom on Fascinate with working 1x/3g data send me his build.prop and apns-cong.xml file. I need these as i am trying to work out a solution for my data problem with a Dev from xda. Hope it works..

Will CM9 do?

Edited by phonegeek
  • Like 1

Is that an ICS rom? The dev said the formatting of JB file is very different.

Anyway just request you to send it across . Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes, Its ICS ROM. Will send the files in the evening.

i need to install wifi tethering on my fascinate for wifi only tab

i tried downloading some app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.googlecode.android.wifi.tether&hl=en

it does not give any error but nothing is visible on tab end

i am trying to google for a solution meanwhile pl help

thanxs in advance

jasmin shah

so u want to use 3g of ur fassy on ur tab via wifi tethering ? right ?

turn on wifi hotspot on ur handset

make sure 3g is on

note down the password shown on ur handset ( its there on the hotspot screen itself , read all the text )

enter the wifi pass on tab and thats about it

• Like 1

@phonegeek.... pls can u mail me the build.prop & apns-conf file of CM9 / JB rom?

@phonegeek.... pls can u mail me the build.prop & apns-conf file of CM9 / JB rom?

Sorry, just forgot it. Sent to you. Check PM.

@phonegeek....

Got it, Thank u so much.

Edited by Maverick75

dear joshm

i am on ics build 15 as per the guide and i think it has removed hotspot fn with blotware so i may need to install something

jasmin

Hi Joshm,

I know I may be wandering on an old post, but I just found it out now. I have downloaded all the above mentioned files. just 1 file is missing - 1.. BUILD 15 ROM - (MD5: 75d3b0bd145aff11653192ebd461126f)

http://goo.im/roms/s...eng.BUILD15.zip

could you please provide an alternate link.

Thanks & Regards,

Sagar

Please give me a day.

Regards

Energized from The Fantastic Galaxy S3

Sure mate,.. I am waiting,.. I've been on Eclair since I bought it,.. very excited to move on to ICS. Btw, I was referring to 'Buttery Smooth Teamhacksung's for Fascinate (Build 15) rom file.

Hi Joshm,

A little help required here,.. I followed the exact same procedure as mentioned on page 31 (#465) of this thread.

Below is the problem explained in detail:

"""INSTALLATION -

1 .. Make a nandroid backup of your current ROM ( better safe then sorry - just in case you messup anything )
If you dont know how to make a nandroid backup then ask around the option is there in all custom cwm recoveries
2 .. download all the files on your SD card mentioned in PART 1 of the totorial above
3.. turn off your phone > remove battery > attach the usb cable and put it in download mode ( press vol down and insert the usb cable which is already connected to your PC )
4.. Double click and Open ODIN ( your phone should show on a com port inside odin > click PDA > select the EH03 stock GB file that i have mentioed above
5.. Click Pit and select the atlas pit file mentioned above
6.. Hit start , the stock GB will be flashed > it will take ten minutes for the flash to finish, once completes , put the battery in
7.. Reboot phone > it will take another 10 or so minutes , once it boots shut it down
8.. remove battery > put phone in download mode again ( by holding vol down and inserting the data cable ) > and in PDA section flash the clockworkmod fixed for Cm9 file
9.. Once it completes > put the battery in > DONT restart phone > instaed push and hold volume UP and Volume Down and power button together and you will boot into a all new BLUE cwm recovery
11.. wipe DATA/factory reset > wipe cache partition > go to advanced > wipe dalvik cacahe

Here after data factory reset, on the blue screen I get:

--Wiping data...

Formatting /data...

Formatting /cache...

Error mounting /cache!

Skipping format...

Formatting /datadata...

Error mounting /datadata!

Skipping format...

Formatting /sd-ext...

Formatting /sdcard/ .android_secure...

Data wipe complete.

E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log

E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

Same thing happens after cache and dalvic cache.

If still I continue to the below step...
12.. Once done > Flash the Team hacksung ics build 15 mentioned in part 1 , ( which you have stored on ur SD card ) > if upon completion of ROM flash, your phone itself restarts and goes back to recovery again > dont panic ;) > again wipe all three and flash the Rom again

Phone keeps on restarting if I attempt to flash the ics build 15. tried wiping all three again..

13.. once Rom flash completes > flash the DEVIL kernel mentioned above > flash the gapps ( as mentioned in part 1 ) > once them are done> flash the data fix

PROFIT again ;)""""""

Kindly advice,..

Thanks in advance,..

Update: > I now deselected the atlas file while flashing CWM.

> Was successful in performing factory reset, cache partition and dalvic cache.

> now upon trying to flash the ics build 15 file , the phone immediately goes blank (I suppose it shuts down). then, 'SAMSUNG' logo is popping up on the blank black screen for some seconds and goes away, and this goes on. Is this the part of flashing process or am I doing something wrong??

Please advice,..

Thanks & Regards,

Sagar

try and check the md5 of all the files , looks like one or more of your downloaded parts are corrupt and most probably the ics build 15

if all the files are ok that is their MD5 matches then

you should start from scratch again

put phone in download mode and flash EH03 along with atlas pit

and do the process again from step 8 onwards.

plz do let me know here if eh03 flashes well and the phone boots up fine and everything works including data and voice.

if i remember correctly eh03 was an awesome release with great battery life and stuff, you can stay on that as well.

FYI pit file is used only when you are flashing stock odin files and that too only when you are downgrading or upgrading from android versions

pit file fixes the file system which actually gets changed in ICS from GB

plz dont use PIT in any other scenario

Edited by joshm
  • Like 2

Hi Joshm,

The eh03 file is flashing well. I am currently on it. data is not working (except wifi). The problem is, I bought this phone from a guy who bought it from US, and he was about to move to Singapore, so he sold it to me relatively cheap (and I was a noob(maybe still am:)). The point is, this phone was never programmed for data, and that's exactly the reason I wanted to flash this ICS rom as it came along with data fix. I will try and re-do the entire process again although I have already done it many times. But we still have the stock eh03, in-case something goes wrong. Is there any .zip file which would program this phone for evdo? Or is there any other procedure? Plz do let me know. As it is, I cannot use data, so there is nothing to lose,..

Thank you for explaining to me the purpose of pit file,..

Thanks a ton for your help ;),.. I really appreciate it,..

Thanks & Regards,

Sagar