sujit_k

Best Network In Delhi?

Requirements:

1.Good network

2. Good Tariff

3. Low call drops

4. Good SMS tariff

PREPAID..

My gf is shifting to Delhi, and I want her to take the best network available at the moment.. Please suggest...

:hypocrite: Thank you

RCom GSM, Dont go for CDMA, CDMA is worst

vodafone is best right now and will fulfill what u require. Reliance gsm is still not that good. but yes do not go for idea, airtel, reliance cdma....

I have heard airtel is the best in delhi...????

Considering good network and tariff, I believe its:

1 Vodafone

2 Airtel

3 Idea

4 Aircel

5 Reliance CDMA

6 Reliance GSM

7 Tata Indicom

8 MTS

9 Dolphin

I have heard airtel is the best in delhi...????

it was a long long time back...

depends from area to area. delhi service area covers huge geographical area including noida, ghaziabad, gurgaon and faridabad.

though contrary to above I have not faced any trouble with R-CDMA since its lauch in 2003. I also use Airtel and MTNL and both have some dark spots where signal strength drops sharply. can not say about other providers. some of my friends have also said good things about MTS.

MTS Rocks ! and if you need GSM then go for Airtel

• Sad 1

I visit Delhi twice a year and I never faced any issue with Vodafone network. Even my father and brother also use vodafone only and they too never faced any issues related to call drops etc.

Vodafone's tariffs are reasonable but not the cheapeat.

• Thanks 1

Is "Idea" too bad here in Delhi/NCR ??????

Go for Vodafone. They may be a bit expensive in their tariffs but they are the best in Delhi by a country mile.

using reliance cdma (DAPO) since 10 years now, never faced any issue

vodafone is best right now and will fulfill what u require. Reliance gsm is still not that good. but yes do not go for idea, airtel, reliance cdma....

Dear Pulkit

Can you pls elaborate why not "Idea" ? Actually I have ported to "Idea" only few days ago but found no problem till now. I am using it at Noida and Ghaziabad.

I was under the impression that the service started in 2003 (when I got my DAPO). that would make it little less than 9 years.

Dear Pulkit

Can you pls elaborate why not "Idea" ? Actually I have ported to "Idea" only few days ago but found no problem till now. I am using it at Noida and Ghaziabad.

sir no personal rivalry with idea i used it for almost 3years.. but the main problem i faced is of network. there is no network at ground floor at almost every place i visited(mostly central,west and nort delhi), basement ka to sawal hi nhi uthta. even at upper floor if room is a bit inside there is no network and same is the case with airtel.. idea's network is not good atleast in my locality... tarrif almost equal to voda and airtel....

Edited by pulkitgupta3195

I was under the impression that the service started in 2003 (when I got my DAPO). that would make it little less than 9 years.

who asked u to get a calculator n start calculating :D

Guys Guys.

This discussion will lead nowhere.

Check for signal quality in locations where you normally spend most of your time i.e. your home and your office.

Good signal strength will ensure less battery drain & less radiation on your devices in locations you spend most of your time.

There can be no generalized opinion about average quality all over Delhi- NCR.

Having said that vodafone has more micro sites in the NCR satellite towns.

In Delhi both Voda and Airhell has almost similar coverage.

Idea falls behind from V+A since they have about 30% less towers to cover same area so you have problems in ground floor and basement in crowded areas with idea.

We work for Indus so are able to comment with some authority.

Regarding CDMA, signal strength goes down due to increase in noise floor as the number of active users increase in any area. so results will fluctuate at various times during the day. The number of towers installed by CDMA operators is also less considering the urban dense building clusters in most parts of Delhi which causes further attenuation of signal in the reverse link from handset to base.

MTS some how has managed to stratagically place towers in Delhi enabling them to reach nook and corners of the various areas in a manner better than RCDMA or TATA. Since deployment of EVDO happened at start for them, so it seeems they did a better planning for placement of towers.

These my personal opinion with malice or prejudice towards none.

• Like 1

So far Airtel and Voda are the winners... (If I am not wrong... )

Which one is better amongst the two ?? :smoke:

i m using rgsm in delhi ......................i find a peculiar problem wd rgsm

i.e. smtyms even at full signal d calls dnt connect and even callers incoming complaint of no. not reachable at tyms when i no dat there was no netwrk issue at dat particular tym

also it takes tym for a call to connect in rgsm i dnt kno y...................der r lot many beeps bfr the ring

is anybody facing similar issue?

cmmnt

^^^^^

(OffTopic) @rachitgpt

Brother we don't have 160 character limit (like SMS) per post in RimWeb... So please type fully and avoid confusing fellow rimwebians...

(ON-TOPIC) to topic-opener

Please get one prepaid SIM of your choice and check the coverage and call quality in places you use your mobile mostly... It will be 1000 times better than getting suggestion from others.. There is also a mild chance that "THE BEST operator in your circle" may NOT be giving good coverage in your places of interest (interference and soo many possibilities are there).. So try and buy...

i m using rgsm in delhi ......................i find a peculiar problem wd rgsm

i.e. smtyms even at full signal d calls dnt connect and even callers incoming complaint of no. not reachable at tyms when i no dat there was no netwrk issue at dat particular tym

also it takes tym for a call to connect in rgsm i dnt kno y...................der r lot many beeps bfr the ring

is anybody facing similar issue?

cmmnt

.....WFUSL.....

Did you understood what I wrote above ?

"Warned For Using Sms Language"

Using Sms language while posting in the forum is against the rules buddy. :)

^^^^^

(OffTopic) @rachitgpt

Brother we don't have 160 character limit (like SMS) per post in RimWeb... So please type fully and avoid confusing fellow rimwebians...

(ON-TOPIC) to topic-opener

Please get one prepaid SIM of your choice and check the coverage and call quality in places you use your mobile mostly... It will be 1000 times better than getting suggestion from others.. There is also a mild chance that "THE BEST operator in your circle" may NOT be giving good coverage in your places of interest (interference and soo many possibilities are there).. So try and buy...

Boss the thing is that the n/w thats providing best services in my zone might not be providing good service at another circle.. Thats why I feel like asking. And its not always possible to try different sims with so many operators around..

The topic can be closed though if the discussion is going out of topic.

As you can see from the opinions of different members, the experiences vary and your experiences may differ from what they experienced. Just as KanagaDeepan mentioned, it would be best if you can try checking at your place yourself even though it is going to take time and cost money. Or at least check with the people who are using various providers in your immediate neighborhood or the place you are going to use it for more time of the day. There is no such best network in Delhi... the network that works best for you is your best network!