Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sujit_k

Best Network In Delhi?

Ok I have made up mind to port out last remaining 2 RCOM numbers (on RGSM now). 

What's the best network in NCR from voice coverage perspective (I don't mind AVOID also.. just want peace of good network now.. enough of RCOM torture now).. 

Friends please suggest.. is it Airtel, Voda, or which network.. 

Vodafone will never let you go once you are in their clutch. Airtel is slightly better that way.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, commonman said:

Vodafone will never let you go once you are in their clutch. Airtel is slightly better that way.

Vodafone is most reliable network here in Mumbai - using since 2001 (ORANGE - HUTCH - VODAFONE).

Vodafone is most reliable network here in Mumbai - using since 2001 (ORANGE - HUTCH - VODAFONE).

Even aircel is best here in TN. But it can't have the same reliability in Delhi. So it differs in each circle by circle..

Vodafone is the most unethical network afaik. CHORcom is foolish+ unethical. But Vodafone don't have that weakness as well.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Even aircel is best here in TN. But it can't have the same reliability in Delhi. So it differs in each circle by circle..

Vodafone is the most unethical network afaik. CHORcom is foolish+ unethical. But Vodafone don't have that weakness as well.

Who is the least unethical ?:lol:

AFAIK I was just talking about the reliability (Network coverage) - that too in Mumbai circle ONLY.

Who is the least unethical ?

AFAIK I was just talking about the reliability (Network coverage) - that too in Mumbai circle ONLY.

I think, You forget to read the first paragraph in my last post, reg reliability.

Reg least unethical, it doesn't matters really as both are dangerous

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Reg least unethical, it doesn't matters really as both are dangerous

:lol: Agree.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LTE4G said:

If before 2001 BPL-ORANGE-HUTCH-VODA

1 hour ago, alugobi said:

If before 2001 BPL-ORANGE-HUTCH-VODA

It was Hutchison Max which was operating in Mumbai as 'MAX TOUCH' and on 14th Feb 2000 rebranded itself as ORANGE. Later worldwide rights of ORANGE brand was taken over by France Telecom and finally in India ORANGE became HUTCH in Jan 2006. And in Feb 2007 it became VODAFONE.

BPL was competitor of MAX TOUCH and later became LOOP MOBILE in Mumbai.

I feel more Delhi guys should post their opinions regarding networks in Delhi.

In My personal observation, all the operators indulge in unethical practices so you have to be conscious enough to constantly be on vigil and plug the holes.
The best way is to fire the email highest authorities or lodge a compliant with pg portal.

Second and most important thi g is voice and data connectivity, it varies from area to area, there is no good or bad operator, one has great connectivity in area and the other in a different area.

You need to do some personal research based on the area where you will be generally used your connections like home offices and all.
A new connection costs only 100 rs for any operator, I know this can be bit of a hassle but its the best option , try Vodafone, airtel, idea and rcom gsm and see for yourself.

Personally I have noticed that Vodafone and reliance gsm have a decent network, but that's just my observation, I don't frequent many places though.

Thanks

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

It depends on area you are living and work. I have used Airtel, Voda, Idea, rcom, aircel. Vodafone suits me better as it has got better coverage in kalkaji (New Delhi) and my office location. Additionally, Airtel tariff plans are most expensive. Voda and Idea have similar plans. I use corporate plans. Aircel won't have good internet coverage. RGSM I believe is fine for 3G but not for voice and 4G. Their customer service is pathetic and billing issues also there. Tata Indicom can't say how long will it last. It's better you also take reviews from your neighbors.

Edited by coolblue
Typo error

I have been using Airtel, Vodafone,Idea & MTNL in Delhi for Voice calls for last 2 years now, AIrtel is decent but it has got black spots at quite a few places and if I may say the same goes for Vodafone & Idea. They have there pros & cons, in some places one is the Best Network and in the other you won't even find a single bar of network, I would suggest a demo at your home/office etc before getting a new connection, although I must say Idea has been the most consistent in network coverage since they bagged 900 Mhz Spectrum, vodafone has been the worst. As for MTNL just one word AVOID, in-doors you won't be able to make a single call, I can guarantee you that unless you live in high profile areas like where all the MPs live.

Haven't tried other networks but what I have heard from my colleagues is that Tata is pretty decent and so is MTS, haven't heard much about RCOM CDMA or GSM.

Aircel is also suppose to be decent, but I doubt it as I have personally faced major issues with Airtel and Vodafone and both are the oldest operators in Delhi and both have the largest numbers of towers besides being on 900 Mhz

• Like 1