Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amtrag

File Transfer Without Internet Using Wifi Tether Connection

First my setup:

1. Android Phone with Wi Fi Hot spot running (DINC with GB)

2. Laptop with wifi, connected to my phone via wifi hotspot as above.

The laptop does not have bluetooth.

Now, I want to transfer files between the two wirelessly but do not want to use internet, because my phone has only 1x data so it will take ages for transferring heavy files like one entire mp3 album.

I googled but the nearest solution I found was to do this by connecting both the phone & computer to a wifi router. I dont have a wifi router.

Is it possible to transfer files wirelessly as in my case?

Pl do not suggest to buy a wifi router or get evdo activated on my phone. Or to use usb data cable ( that I anyway do as of now).

For this first you would need to convert your laptop to become a hot spot. Refer the post below:

After that, download an app named "SwiftFTP" from the Android Market. It is free.

Install the app. Instructions to run and work with SwiftFTP are given in the post mentioned below:

Now you would be able to locate your phone and wirelessly transfer files between phone and Lappy.

Do let me know in case of any issues

Regards

Rahul

AirDroid is probably the best tool available for Andoid which allows users to manage & control your Android phones wirelessly from a web browser. With its awesome and easy to use interface you can manage your phone, access files and copy them easily to your desktop using the app. All you need is to have both the phone and desktop on the same wireless connection. You can access your messages, contacts, apps, files including photos, music and videos, call and ringtones easily from the web browser.

it allows you to connect as hotspot Mode

Edited by lijodavis

AirDroid is probably the best tool available for Andoid which allows users to manage & control your Android phones wirelessly from a web browser. With its awesome and easy to use interface you can manage your phone, access files and copy them easily to your desktop using the app. All you need is to have both the phone and desktop on the same wireless connection. You can access your messages, contacts, apps, files including photos, music and videos, call and ringtones easily from the web browser.

Dear, the challenge here is to transfer files without connecting to any network. Pl carefully read my query again. Once both the devices are connected to a network, there's a dearth of apps (though I wont dispute Airdroid being the best since have not used any).

@Rahul: Thanks, will try out today evening.

Do let me know... I know it worked with me so maybe can help in ironing out any difficulties.

just a thought.... even im trying to figure out a possible solution for this type of connectivity. Is it possible to share a drive on a pc/windows and access it on mobile through a wifi router(not laptop hotspot)? we can create a normal sharing/server type of connectivity then where all the devices can upload and download files to a shared drive on a network.

I also have shared using Wifi router for sharing files. I have my normal internet connection which I have routed through a wifi router and the moment I connect my mobile to the wifi router, I can use SwiftFTP to wirelessly transfer files between PC and mobile.

Regards

Rahul

Dear, the challenge here is to transfer files without connecting to any network. Pl carefully read my query again. Once both the devices are connected to a network, there's a dearth of apps (though I wont dispute Airdroid being the best since have not used any).

You just put airdroid hotspot mode on and you can share files from your laptop or tablet. you don't have to connect it to any network or router.I have tested this from my evo3D. On my mobile wifi and Mobile network was off,Sprint hotspot was on,airdroid was running in hotspot mode.i was able to transfer files.

Edited by lijodavis