Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
pakve

How To Unlock MTS MTag (Huawei C8511) ?

Hi Friends,

I am planning to buy MTS MTAG and use it for reliance as it has RUIM slot.

Does anybody know how can I unlock it?

Help appreciated.

Regards,

Suresh

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Title Updated >>

To Mod &/or Admin - change the topic name - How to Unlock MTS MTag(Huawei C8511)

<< Topic Title Updated >>

I have successfully de-provisioned MTS MTAG Huawei C8511 from its locked carrier MTS. Reliance RUIM was working with voice and sms by default. I did not require a pc or any such equipments. Now 1x/Evdo works beautifully. I tried much hard to de-compile and rebuild framework-res.apk to remove carrier files but firmware crashed and had to re-install firmware and re-root a hundred times. However carrier name could not be changed by erl.xml. In stock firmware, non-MTS APNs could not be saved, now I have made Reliance as default. Anyone interested in modifying MTS phones can contact me for free support.

• Like 4

^^^^ Great !

• Like 1

I have successfully de-provisioned MTS MTAG Huawei C8511 from its locked carrier MTS. Reliance RUIM was working with voice and sms by default. I did not require a pc or any such equipments. Now 1x/Evdo works beautifully. I tried much hard to de-compile and rebuild framework-res.apk to remove carrier files but firmware crashed and had to re-install firmware and re-root a hundred times. However carrier name could not be changed by erl.xml. In stock firmware, non-MTS APNs could not be saved, now I have made Reliance as default. Anyone interested in modifying MTS phones can contact me for free support.

Dr. faramroze, my friend bought a MTag 3.1 /Huawei C8511 - and it lies with me, as he asked to me to save internet settings for reliance/tata. Can you help me?

Also like to know do you know how to unlock other MTags - 352 and 351, 401, 353 ? I find that no one is unlocking them, probably coz they are not Huawei ones, but ZTE, Alcatel, Coolpad ones.

Known issues:

* On drop down menu - MTS name is not changing (as you also said it)

If you flash Huawei 8500S (originally made for China Telecom) ROM, it will remove Mts carrier label but you cannot input Reliance or Tata name.

I will re-write Reliance settings here tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

carrier name is not a big deal for me. I guess it does not matter to most people.

But big problem is I can not save the internet settings. APN got deleted when I try to change MNC-MCC from 405-89 to something other.

carrier name is not a big deal for me. I guess it does not matter to most people.

But big problem is I can not save the internet settings. APN got deleted when I try to change MNC-MCC from 405-89 to something other.

Search for my tutorial on RIMweb for MTS MTAG. Follow it properly and you are good to go.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk HD

changing mcc & mnc is not required.. create new and edit following items only as per operator.

Name : Operator Name

APN : #777

Username : as per operator

Password : as per operator

Save and Restart the phone.

i coundnt find the unlocking tutorial of mtag.. plz give me d link.

Hi Faramroze,

great work.

I have purchased a new unlocked mts mtag and i want to use reliance 94rs 6gb hsd data plan on this phone , when i recharged with 94 Rs i received a confirmation.of data balance.but i am not able to receive data on my phone. i have read ur tutoriol . i am stuck with rooting part. I am not able to root it . i tried super one click. but it hangs after pressing root button .

what to do now .....

waiting for ur help.........

you can use the data without rooting too.. create new APN as per post # 11.

Aalok ji

I tried your APN settings but it is not showing ev signals on phone .

could it be the problem of sim, "OMH is written on sim "

i read someware that non omh sim will not work

please help ..........

do you have EVDO activated..

triggered from tappa-talk 2...

only omh sim does not mean ev will work .. as aalok said u need to activate ev from webworld. if u are unable to activate ev from your city, check with acs. he may help

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Don,t know

I bought this sim few days before

I was told that if u recharge with 94/- rs u will get 1 gb high speed data and 200 sms daily free for six months

how to confirm evdo actiation . I called cc but they asked about Rworld,don,t know where to find Rworld on android.

also tell me how to get evdo activated( in case it is not activated)

Contact Reliance backend or our forum's Gurus for placing a request for evdo activation: http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/32930-the-all-in-one-faq-using-foreign-imported-cdma-handsets-with-cdma-networks-in-india/

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

@ Alok

do you have EVDO activated.. triggered from tappa-talk 2...

I am going to buy a Huawei c8511 Mtag 281 unlocked handset for EVDO net Usage only (BSNL EVDO Precisely). Alok bhai can u please tell

1st questtion: if APN Settings can be made easily in this unlocked handset.

2nd question: The sole purpose of this set is to be used as Mifi. (Wifi Hotspot Tethering). Will i get sufficient speed through this setup. I am already getting 2.5Mbps speed via unlocked 2766 modem.

^ Answers to your questions :

1st > Yes, you can easily put APNs on Unlocked MTS MTag.

2nd > Yes, you can use it as a MiFi. Never checked BSNL CDMA as it has a very poor coverage at my place, but yes, used Reliance, TATA DoCoMo & MTS on it.. it worked perfect.

Do not wish to disappoint you by saying this, If your sole purpose of this device is to be used as MiFi & kept it ON & on WiFi Tethering mode for say 8-10 Hrs. continuously, you'll end up with a BAD battery within 2 months. (keeping the device on charger for that long period & WiFi Tethering ON concurrently heats up handset like hell..). You need to check it randomly. I used to use MTS MTag 3.1 as MiFi only on the go.

Hi Dr faramroze,

How to add new apn settings in MTS C8511. I have unlocked the phone but still apn cannot be saved.

Regards,

Shivanshu

please go through the complete thread.. your query is already answered.. <br /><br />triggered from razr...<br /><br />

Aalok bhai I plan to buy an MTS mtag unlocked phone Is there a difference between MTS MTAG Huawei C8511 mtag 351 352 353.Which would be a better buy

don't know much about others bro, as c8511 aka mtag301 is a huawei device & build is much better then others like coolpad, zte, etc. also, devices other than 301 were not available in my circle at that time..<br /><br />triggered from razr...<br /><br />