Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
coolblue

Deactivating Reliance GSM Prepaid Connection

I have a reliance gsm number in Delhi, which I wish to de-activate. I shoot an email to their customer care for the same and they replied and asked me to contact nearest web world. I understand they have taken huge amount of money from the franchises so they want us to visit them. However, it is very inconvenient when the same thing can be done over a phone call or an email like other GSM operators (Vodafone, airtel etc.). Anyways, I visited their place, they told me since it is a prepaid number you can continue using it and do not recharge it anymore, someday or the other it will be deactivated. Believe me this this is the most annoying solution I have ever heard of. I believe there should be some formal solution for the same. I have many active connections on my name and want to de-activate numbers which I do not use.

Call their c.care and tell them that you lost your number and to prevent its misuse you wish to deactivate it immediately :D

in case of lost scenrio they will do og barr not termination

in case of lost scenrio they will do og barr not termination

Won't that solve the concerns that are prompting the deactivation desire? :confuse:

Even idea says same thing.They cannot deactivate prepaid no.Just dont recharge it it will get deactivated after some time

Ideally speaking deactivating connection is safest solution. I think you should send them termination notice by regd post marking cc to trai and if need be local police station. Which could save you from probable mis use.

When one goes for lost sim replacement i am not sure but i understand that no one cross verify original subscriber with the person asking new sim.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

^^^

Absolutely true, Yesterday I went to the WW for a SIM replacement as I had lost one of my mobiles. All they took from me was a ID and Add proof, no photo required and Rs 4 for the new replacement SIM. It is another matter that the new SIM is still not activated yet. It seems I will have to go maybe a couple of visits to the WW and give some of the choicest expletives to the WW nincompoops to make it active.

Maybe when he entered the new SIM details, he would have cross verified it, but there was absolutely no other questions the WW guy asked, straightaway, he gave me a new SIM and collected Rs 4 for the same. It seems that RCOM has realised that keeping a number inactive will not generate revenues, so a new replacement SIM costs only Rs 4 now. Atleast for incoming calls, atleast they will get some revenues.

Reliance s**ks. I am only keeping Reliance because they have Reliance to Reliance free STD. else I would have changed the service provider to Airtel or Docomo.

Irony is that I have a CDMA sim of reliance as well which i havent recharge for two years and it is still active. They dont want to reduce their subscribers.