Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
blackmamba

Reliance Compatible Handset Specs

Hi All you RIM/CDMA Gurus. I have a Treo 650 Smartphone from the US which is unlocked CDMA (used to be on Sprint). Can this be activated over RIM using the GSK option? Or does Reliance not all ESNs that are not on their provisioning list?

Would appreciate a quick reply so that I can decide to get the phone down with me from the US or not.

Thanks a ton! :P

Edited by blackmamba

Hello Friends,

Now since the CDMA sets would be available in the open market, I think you will get an opportunity to go for better feature rich handests.

I am planning to buy to CDMA handset from US but was wondering if it will work for reliance. Can anyone please suggest the sepciafications needed for a CDMA set to work with reliance.

Basant

It must be programmed for reliance and relaince doesnt accept handsets from other then reliance programmed and provisioned for relaince

Hi All you RIM/CDMA Gurus. I have a Treo 650 Smartphone from the US which is unlocked CDMA (used to be on Sprint). Can this be activated over RIM using the GSK option? Or does Reliance not all ESNs that are not on their provisioning list?

Would appreciate a quick reply so that I can decide to get the phone down with me from the US or not.

Thanks a ton!  :)

27761[/snapback]

No...it cannot be activated.

The CDMA phone has to be "reliance ready" for activating on Reliance network.

Yes this can be done. But there's a catch. I have tried it on a Nokia CDMA handset and LG handset by putting the RIM PRL in them. But the GSK process just does not complete.

And hey i can do it on any handset by putting in the correct PRL and an already working ESN into the handset. Just waiting to lay my hands on a good handset. And blackmamba "tumne mere muh se alfaaz cheen liye" I have been waiting to get my hands on a Treo 650 myself. I will program yours and can you get one for me too ? Just get a serial cable to go with it.

Its been mentioned on this forum some where that unless ESN is registered with reliance one can not activate handset on its network. I too have Thera, lying useless.

Even I want to know if its possible to get an unlocked CDMA phone from the openmarket (liek the Treo 650, LGVX9800 etc) and run it on Reliance. I mean legally...dont like any of Reliance Handsets, and only half decent one, the Kyocera 7135 is hopelessly old and hopelessly expensive.

If the handset supports a RUIM card... no worries IT WILL WORK!

If the handset supports a RUIM card... no worries IT WILL WORK!

But Reliance does'nt sell stand-alone RUIM cards. So you got to have a working reliance phone with a ruim, like Motorola V-730, so that you can take out the ruim and place it in your new phone.

Answering peerbaba27's question, legally it cannot be done, except using the ruim card trick.

even with ruim u can't

Gtran doesn't work on TATA RUIM.

nor any TATA handset on Reliance RUIM.

u need to get handset programmed only then possible.

Saurav ... Telson TWC works on RUIM, another CDMA (expt) handset (not from india) works on RUIM... and FOR UR INFO, TELSON happily accepts an RUIM from tata and works amazingly perfectly...

PS : U know why ? it is the RSN of the RUIM that is registered on the network, and not of the handset... ;)

Cheers

Ashok

Yes this can be done. But there's a catch. I have tried it on a Nokia CDMA handset and LG handset by putting the RIM PRL in them. But the GSK process just does not complete.

And hey i can do it on any handset by putting in the correct PRL and an already working ESN into the handset. Just waiting to lay my hands on a good handset. And blackmamba "tumne mere muh se alfaaz cheen liye" I have been waiting to get my hands on a Treo 650 myself. I will program yours and can you get one for me too ? Just get a serial cable to go with it.

hi...

i would like to know whether its possible to unlock nokia 6265 to be used with RIM network.... how is it possible..please help... is it possible to change my already existing postpaid account to the unlocked phone ? is it legal ??? hope to get a reply from u soon

thanks in advance

regards

renjith

ashok

Gtran is RUIM based but it doesn't work with TATA.

Will test on a Gtran, when I lay my hands on one... in the mean time.. here is a confirmation, it does work on Telson .

I guess GTRAN RSN of the handset is network registered... but in case of Telson it is the RSN of the RUIM ... Just a good guess in the mean time.

but ideally it SHOULD work, anyway lemme try for a GTRAN in the mean time to try on a tata handset...

Cheers

Ashok

Even for Gtran RSN of RUIM is registered. Insert ur RUIM in any gtran handset ur same no will work without activation.

Wt Gtran has also been programmed for reliance. myt be th4.

Ne1 tried using different handsets? ;)

It would be great if u can use handsets other than those provided by reliance. I got a sony z520a unlocked a month back.. currently using it as gsm phone, can I use it as rim?

Sony z520a - No. As it is a GSM handset and CDMA and GSM are two different technologies, you can not use the handsets interchangeably on both the networks, until and unless it is one of those CG handsets from LG and Samsung, which Ashok has been talking about recently.

Even for Gtran RSN of RUIM is registered. Insert ur RUIM in any gtran handset ur same no will work without activation.

Wt Gtran has also been programmed for reliance. myt be th4.

hi sourav,

i want to know that is there any possibility for converting the nokia 6235 which is working with tata to reliance . is there any software available for the conversion. reply soon

ajai

That is not something u do with just a software upgrade ...

yes what u will have to do is to enable the RUIM slot ... flash with RH-17.

Once done, use ur RIM RUIM... thatz it mate ;)

Cheers

Ashok

Once done, use ur RIM RUIM... thatz it mate :)

Cheers

Ashok

hi ashok,

there is already availbale a slot in which i have inserted the tata uim card. also i am in tamilnadu in which i was not able to get the rim ruim. also explian about the flash process.

ajai

Once done, use ur RIM RUIM... thatz it mate ;)

Cheers

Ashok

I purchased a Nokia 6235 recently (which I believe has a RUIM slot). Mine is a Postpaid connection, is it possible to get it converted to RUIM based from Reliance? If yes, how and where to get it done (legally) and how much would it cost? Also, will I be able to use the RUIM on any other RUIM supported phone as well as any GSM phones?

I also get a Sprint handset treo 650, how can i active this phone on reliance, pls help me

You have handset in your hand? you have serial cable? Do you already have active connection on reliance?

You have handset in your hand? you have serial cable? Do you already have active connection on reliance?

Guru,

I have active connection on reliance with another handset, I have data cable(palm treo 650),now what I have to do? if i cant perform myself I will come to u(ur city) with phone,cable,laptop. I want to run TREO

my mail id arupmishra@gmail.com,

Regards

arup

Guru,

I have active connection on reliance with another handset, I have data cable(palm treo 650),now what I have to do? if i cant perform myself I will come to u(ur city) with phone,cable,laptop. I want to run TREO

my mail id arupmishra@gmail.com,

Regards

arup

Dear it won't work