Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Mufaddal

Installing Apps From AppTrackr and Other Sources On Your Non Jailbroken iPhone/ iPod/ iPad 2

Since i now own an iPhone 4s , and jailbreak for iPhone 4s is still not sure about .As many people here are using iPad 2 , iPhone 4 etc which are either on iOS 5 or they don't want to jailbreak

The biggest advantage of jailbreak on iDevices is ability to install "crack" apps and 3rd party apps .But not anymore , you don't need to jailbreak to be able to install apps without app store

The process isn't free , but its worth money spent and is not that huge of amount

Process involves getting your UDID ( device hardware id used for development purposes) to be registered with apple developing accounts and using dev certificates and profiles

There are several developers on net who sell these services for 9.99$ -15$

they provide u with dev certificate and register your UDID with apple developer accounts

All u need is a mac and just install certificate and use ire sign to sign apps u downloaded and sync it with iTunes

it basically tricks phone security into thinking that u are testing the application as a developer

http://uhelios.com/

this developer i have dealt with personally and his services are at 9.99$

for windows users u have 2 options

- install vmware and install and use mac os to use i resign

-or sign up for xappsx service , which allows u to directly download apps from www.xappsx.com from your iPhone/ipod/ipad and install on ur device . xappsx is site similar to apptrackr for people who pay can directly download apps and install on their devices without need of using ire sign , but that costs 20$

http://shopios.com/

i have dealt with these guys also and they are very legit offering service for windows as well as mac users

for 10$ its worth every penny having to no more worry about iOS updates or ability to loose jailbreak

Currently i have iOS 5.01 on my iPhone 4s and i use macbook pro to sign my apps i download from apptrackr

it works perfectly , no need to wait for jailbreak anymore . This method works irrespective of your iOS VERSION

There are some who can do it for 4-6$ also , but i don't know if they are genuine

In my case i bought my package for 10$ . I couldn't get it to work initially , i contacted developer he tried to change certain certificate settings on my macbook , but even he gave up after trying 2-3 times , stating that my macbook has some issues , LOL , i kept playing with it alone and boom it started working .It was just minor issue of mis spelling in one of lines .....

P.S- Plz pay developers for their apps , some apps are well worth every penny , i prefer to pay for apps whenever possible .

Edited by Mufaddal
  • Like 3

+1 As usual nice piece of info there muffy bhai will share it with Mujju.

Good info as usual Doc but can't believe you too went back to jail from freedom!!!

Phew, So much effort just to install a cracked app on iOS..

Above entire process on an Android.. Settings / Applications / Select Unknown Sources..

About 15 Seconds and Free..

Why this Kolaveri Kolaveri Di..

Good info as usual Doc but can't believe you too went back to jail from freedom!!!

Above entire process on an Android.. Settings / Applications / Select Unknown Sources..

Cool post man.... :D

lol

I don't think its jail , every OS has its own pros and cons

I am not fan of any os , i enjoy technology be it iPhone or android or webs

i have used all , and will use all , thats how u enjoy , rather than been a fanboy

Reason u have to do all this to install cracked apps , i coz there is no jailbreak for 4s or iPad 2

every os has some fallback , like even in android we have to wait for root to enjoy wireless tether and some other features

I am enjoying my devices , and i find ways round problems / limitations if they spoil my fun

^^ cracked app is just one part of jailbreak 2nd part is tweeks you can do in your phone - the thinks they are missing in iOS can be done in JB like for example there is no file browser in stock iOS you can use ifile if your phone is JB'n similarly there is no photo attachment in your reply during mail - you can use photo mail tweak to get it.

^^^

most importantly and practical use of JB is use of installous and cracked apps , rest all is hardly used by other people

Exactly what I was looking for sometime back when I had iPhone 4S.

Though I found the Mac method but didn't had any Mac with me to try out.

Now when Doc told the method for Windows, I don't have iPhone 4S to try.........

Andways its a gr8 thing for people like me with Ip4S

will get my Mac Desktop working & try it out

• Like 1

^^ Tarun what was that mac method you mentioned was trying to recollect name