Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Krishnaprasad

Please Check The Akey Before Giving It To Customer Care!

Hi All,

Just to caution everyone about the mistake I did with AKey.

When I gave the MEID details to CC, I gave the incorrect last 6 digits of AKEY (12345678901234567890xxxxxx). And activated the phone with incorrect details at Service Provider. Now the calls were dropping and realized immediately that it is because of incorrect AKEY. And in the iCare, it's been updated as lost/stolen. Called CC and gave the correct AKey. But problem is with re-Activation. Guys at web world are clueless about why activation is asking for 9 digit pin instead of confirming the phone number. No help from backoffice as well. At last explaining for 1 hour to CC, got a call from activation department and they said it is due to some technical issue at their end and rectified immediately. Now my phone is working without any issues.

In case if you happen to get into this, please ask CC to escalate to Activation Department.

Thanks,

KP

its better to contact ur Seller in that case

Friends no one needs to give A-key to CC for MEID activation its only for authentication the genuine of set in database of reliance docent have a in part in activation

For future every one who is buying set please ask for A-key during time of purchase

driving-lessons-cardiff-girl-key.jpg

• Like 2

As Parin said, always better we contact seller/experts in this forum.

In my case, mine is newly bought Verizon phone and I tried generating the AKey (of course going thru the experts help in this forum) and gave another handset's AKey while getting it's MEID registered by CC (not activation. Sorry for miscommunication above). They have asked for MEID, ESN, AKEY, Handset Brand owner and Model. In a hurry (over a call with CC), I gave incorrect. This caused all the hiccups. (I just tried because mine is of very low cost phone).

-KP

In my case, mine is newly bought Verizon phone. They have asked for MEID, ESN, AKEY, Handset Brand owner and Model. In a hurry (over a call with CC), I gave incorrect.

You mean to say Reliance CC just registered your handset MEID over a phone call? OR you went through some known source?

^^ Registering MEID on phone call through known source - this is not digestable

are we missing something friend.

Akey generation requires military level algorythms to come out for checksum can be done via special software or dll used in that software has to purchased - are you sure u have ur meid reg. did u checked with getstat

^^^ indigestable :D seriously.. reliance CC guys dont even understand meid!

:rolleyes: ..... :unsure: ....... :blink: ......... :eek: .................. :whistle: ............

(am speechless....... :censored3: )

^^^ indigestable :D seriously.. reliance CC guys dont even understand meid!

:previous:

Brother Since u are on Rimweb u know what is MEID

People at Reliance CC are not Technical Person hence they have nothing to do with MEID hence they dont care to learn it.

They (CC) didn't understood in the first attempt. Tried many times and sending mails. In one of the call, the person whom I spoke to checked with their senior and then their HLR department for this.

We have gone thru RIMWEB posts and found that CDMA WS does the magic. It gave the checksum. Yes. Our phone has been registered & then activated. If we didn't have done the mistake in first instance, we would have got the activation a week before. Since we did mistake while registering, we have waited till a week to have the AKey updated (this can be done by the web world guys) and then re-activated handset.

-KP

No a key and not be fed by web world guys - it has to be - "HAS TO BE" - injected @ the time of Meid reg process AFAIN

There are various miss leads in your posts:

We can help you let us have the following:

Phone model, Meid,

Mail it to me on genius@tclonline.in with your contact details, do not put it in post in forum, i shall keep it to myself

pS also the web world address and guys name who knows meaning of Meid and akey ( kidding)

Taptalk on ™iPad 2

Edited by Genius

Parin bhai, u were the first to make me use a foreign handset! Thanks for so much knowledge too...

Doc Saab! u r "genius"!

:)

I learnt a lot from Ppl like u all on RIMweb!

Thanks everyone!

there r loads of names! endless list! but few were very generous and helpful!

Even I would like to know the details of WebWorld Guys capable of doing this MEID Regn.

I don't think even 5% of Webworld Guys know what exactly is the MEID Regn/Akey, they have never gone beyond the word RSN.

Still waiting for intelligent web world location

sandeepr2096268.jpg

Still waiting for intelligent web world location

RimWeb World :)

• Like 1

In addition to MEID, what else do I need to provide to TATA guys for activation. Akey along with checksum is also needed for them to activate?

Go via your seller.

Please excuse typos and brevity, sent while mobile.