Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
gjp

Configuring Handset To Work On Sprint

Hi Friends,

I need your help, guidance, and directions.

My brother really likes my old phone, HTC Incredible 1 (I'm currently using the HTC Incredible 2 and love it!). He wants me to setup the phone for him to use. Normally no issue with doing that.

Here is the situation though, he is in the US and is using SPRINT as his mobile provider.

Can the experts here guide me on what I need to change/setup/programm on the Inc1 to get it working on SPRINT (from use Verizon and Reliance)? Get EVDO working the phone on SPRINT? I only know the basic that needs to be fixed: PRL, phome ID.

The Inc1 currently is:

- Clean ESN (verified)

- Rooted and S-OFF by Unrevoked

- Running Android 2.2.1

- Was setup to work on Reliance with EVDO by MEID registration

Thanks,

ghanshyam

Edited by gjp

- Clean ESN (verified)

Clean ESN - mean clean for Verizon and Reliance.

I think you will first have to get the MEID/ESN regd on Sprint Network, if that is possible.

Yes, Clean ESN means it's clean for Verizon and Reliance, and MEID registration of would need to be done.

But the Sprint CC folks are not very bright, so I was looking for help from experts here on Rimweb on what else I would need to set/change/program and what those settings should be.

thank,

Have a look at this post >> http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__243489

Replace all the Reliance parameters mentioned there with Sprint's parameters in the handset and Flash Sprint PRL. For Sprint's Parameters, google search may help. Then once the handset is registered in Sprint's Systems, it should be a cakewalk because in most US CDMA networks parameters like EVDO Data profile are autotatically OTAFED when you activate / update your profile. It does not need to be manually programmed.

As such while goggling for Flashing Phone's Carriers, I have seen people flashing Sprint / Verizon Phones to MetroPCS, Boost Mobile, Cricket.. But never read Verizon to Sprint or vice-versa.

May be they do MEID registration with a Data Plan. Rest you will have to check with them only.

Firstly ,sprint doesnt accept verizon or any outside esn , so officially u cannot use incredible 1 on sprint

But then u could do it un officially , for which u need a sprint esn/meid , and u need to use that on incredible

Sprint doesnt use Akey , so all u need is sprint esn

Once u have it on incredible , ask ur brother to call sprint cs and transfer no on incredible . After that u need to put up a request on sprint that your 3G is not working , then they will OTA you MIP settings and your 3G will start working on it .

I am a sprint user , and have done things which people in USA normally say is not possible !!!

i can provide u with clean sprint esn

shoot me mail

Edited by Mufaddal
  • Like 2

@gjp, here you get the best trouble shooter, atleast for your problem.

I am a sprint user , and have done things which people in USA normally say is not possible !!!

So i wasn't terribly wrong when i mentioned the following in an imaginery story here :D >> http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__219883

The Now NRI Doctor: Found out a loophole in the way White House System adds Indian Festivals of for official celebration like Diwali…Added Holi there..

BTW, here it is not the problem of Pichkari…They are dirt cheap..But you will have to latch on with a 2 Year Plan for Colors with Operator…What nonsense..Means you can't use anybody else's colors for 2 years…

Thanks for the info guys! I knew I would find the right advice here...

@Dr. Mufaddal, I'll be sending you an email @ your gmail account.

Cheers,

gjp

@rajan

lol awesome post , took quite some time to read it though ...lol

2 yrs of contract is not a problem when plan is good and cheapest one not given by any other operator .Besides there are loopholes to break contract too without paying a single penny in ETF !!!

@gjp

as i told u , in order for ur brother to stay on that plan , u can buy some cheap phone off ebay/craiglist and use its esn

Okay, based on the advice above for I got a Sprint EVO 4G half-working. I fixed the MEID and MSID (aka MIN) for the EVO 4G (taken from TP2).

I was successfully able to get Voice calls and SMS working!

But I cannot get 3G working on the phone. I'm not sure what the cause/problem is.

I did call Sprint customer service and told them of having 3G problems and asked them to reprogramm the phone OTA the MIP. They said they did, but that did not fix the problem either.

Any ideas or suggestions to fix the problem?

thanks,

gjp.