Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KapilAgrawal

Flash & Recovery Solutions For HTC Incredible 2

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. If you do not understand any procedure, Ask for clarification before doing it. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. *

Edited by kapilthio

Kapil bhai aka MR Incredible 2 i guess you are like Wikipedia for DINC2. +1 :hi2:

its really a wiki for Inc 2. :hi2:

I was trying to find out how to use RUIM and APN functionality of China Telecom with any other ROM... unfortunately the chinese guys either dont understand my requirement or they cant put in English and explain me... :doh:

Could kindly explain more details what S-Off mean... why is that required ? is that a synonym for Rooting phone ?

absolutely, very simple guide for anyone to follow , keep it coming kapil sir

AW%252520%252528Custom%252529.jpg

you too kapil - deserve this - keep it up

• Like 1

Thank You Sir.

For me people like you are source of Inspiration !!!

:)

kapilbhai. You have not given the URL for the radio.

Also, I have a problem - I am on froyo with alpharevx root. Now when I flashed Parin's 2.3.3 (with radio) it installed, messed up the recovery, and bypassed both bootloader and TP. No root possible, I finally had to get a fresh recovery from XDA (CWM based) and then back to Froyo! Looks like S-off changes the version of HBOOT leading to all problems.

Edited by sgiitk

^^^

Radio is included within the ROM's itself. Hence no separate link required.

I suggest you to download Stock Verizon ROM & Flash it using PC. Link & Steps mentioned above.

Recovery / Nandroid Backup don't have Radio included. Hence a Fresh ROM flashing is recommended.

Alpharevx root & Revolutionary both change hboot version to higher version so that ROM flash does not change Hboot version. Hence S-OFF is retained while flashing ROMs. And hence its not a issue. It seems you are making mistake at some stage.

I understand that alpharev/revolutionary do change the hboot version in order to preserve the S-off. In fact I was one of the first to point this out.

One small point - is there something to be flashed to get the root access. Is it the same way as in Froyo. By any chance is it rmk_root_setup-vivow.zip, If so how does one flash it? The one I have downloaded was on 26th September. Or does GB require a different route.

Obviously the recovery was messed up which got fixed by the XDA route.

Edited by sgiitk

Could kindly explain more details what S-Off mean... why is that required ? is that a synonym for Rooting phone ?

S-OFF = Security OFF.

It means unlocked boot loader. Hence you can flash different Recovery & ROMs.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. If you do not understand any procedure, Ask for clarification before doing it. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. *

+1 for you :smartass: for the details!

Better to get the help rather than bricking!

+1 for the useful info dear Kapil Bhai. :)

kapilbhai; Thanks for the tip. I will pick up the coujrage in a day or two to do the thing.

What I propose is to take the backups and then:

1. Upgrade to the 'sarkari' 2.3.3. I have heard that the chinese is not fully stable.

2. If the recovery is messed up then restore with PG32IMG_CWM_4014_20110819_red.zip which I got from XDA.

3. Then copy and flash su-bin-3.0.3.2-efghi-signed.zip and Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip in that order.

One other bit - I have backed up the contacts (also sms'es and call list) with SuperBackup. When I restored it was showing both Google and Phone addresses, and was asking me to link. Is this normal, and is thre any way of fixing this. If so then how does one remove the Phone Contacts?

I am a beginner, but not a total mug.

kapilbhai; Thanks for the tip. I will pick up the coujrage in a day or two to do the thing.

1. Upgrade to the 'sarkari' 2.3.3. I have heard that the chinese is not fully stable.

2. If the recovery is messed up then restore with PG32IMG_CWM_4014_20110819_red.zip which I got from XDA.

3. Then copy and flash su-bin-3.0.3.2-efghi-signed.zip and Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip in that order.

One other bit - I have backed up the contacts (also sms'es and call list) with SuperBackup. When I restored it was showing both Google and Phone addresses, and was asking me to link. Is this normal, and is thre any way of fixing this. If so then how does one remove the Phone Contacts?

Sanjay sir you can use the contact remover plus app from market to find and remove the duplicate contacts. Please note this is a paid app and i am sure you know how to get it :hypocrite: . Or else bol dena I will email it to you. Avoid getting just contact remover app which is free but will not do the trick.

Why you are going for XDA Recovery again & again ??? this is the one which is creating all problems for you.

I have already mentioned about "How to Flash Recovery", so you can flash "Sarkari" rom thru PC & Flash Recovery on Phone & your Step# 3. Simple.

Why you are going for XDA Recovery again & again ??? this is the one which is creating all problems for you.

I have already mentioned about "How to Flash Recovery", so you can flash "Sarkari" rom thru PC & Flash Recovery on Phone & your Step# 3. Simple.

Thanks a lot.T

he XDA recovery is the same as yours, just a bit updated and the latest is renamed red, It saved my bacon since recovery was not working at all after the upgrade. This time will restore recover using your version. I may use ths simpler PG32IMG route for both the RUU and recover.

By the looks of it the villain is the new procedure to root in GB which I was unaware of, and I did not do. My son docanurag told me over the phone, but by then the fuse had blown. Then I sort of panicked and not having root flashed the old one back.

So will try to revert to GB tomorrow.

Also, I am not getting contacts to synch to google. I am seeing the full no under people>view but synch is not taking place. Also, almost all contacts appear under both google & phone (10 less!). Should I deleter contacts in GMail and then try to synch again. I am using SuperBackup to save the lists.

Edited by sgiitk

if your contacts are messed up, there is a function in gmail to restore contacts to an earlier stage, days,months,time.. wat ever u feel like.. just delete contacts on your phone and sync again..

infact i messed up so i found this solution!

Managed it thanks to your information. Minor variations from your process

1. Used the PG32IMG route for the Verozon version and the recovery (red from XDA). Of course had to disble fastboot etc..

2. Then installed the two superuser files.

3. Installed Clockwork mod

4. Had to get Astro file manager to get the apk installer going from SD Card.

5. Installed busybox.

6. Moved the devanagri fonts to the system/fonts director, so obviously have ROOT.

Most things with root are working. CWmod restored 26 apps. Only a couple were missing.

Titanium Pro (from rimweb) did not work.

Ookla speedtest is not working.

Update:

Removed the pro and installed the freebie version of Titanium.

Was able to restore data and apps. Also, Ookla wrrning now.

So hopefully I am now in business. Only still not able to update contacts to Google.

Edited by sgiitk, Today, 03:21 PM.

Using English MIUI-1.12.9 (Latest) with CDMA UIM Working (NO DATA Yet) & GSM SIM working with Data. Switch from CDMA & GSM is possible in MIUI-1.12.9 now.

Edit -25/12/11 10:43AM --- Now MIUI 1.12.16

Edited by kapilthio

if your contacts are messed up, there is a function in gmail to restore contacts to an earlier stage, days,months,time.. wat ever u feel like.. just delete contacts on your phone and sync again..

infact i messed up so i found this solution!

Sorry mate, the ones on gmail are old and the phone ones are correct. So has to be the other way! May try through htc-sync

I hope you guys Like below screen shots --- :)

Edited by kapilthio