Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Parth

Wi-Fi Range Extender

Hi,

I was hoping someone could offer some cost-effective solution to increasing my wifi range. I have a bsnl ITI DNA A211I, which has a not too bad. Just like on most wifi routers, it gives me a few dead zones in the house, especially the obstructed ones (although not very far away ). I was thinking I could do one of the below-

1)get a more powerful new wifi router and place it at the same location along with my bsnl router

2)get a wireless repeater and place it at the brink of my deadzone

2) looks like a better option to me but I have not been able to find a cheaper alternative. It would be great if I could get some recommendations on the best device here.

Thanks,

Parth

Hi, Just Check Here Courtsey Kamal Sir aka Honest.

This is the cheapest solution you may get as of now. Just joking, but its worth try. ;)

Buy a dd-wrt compatible router and use it as a repeater. Can help you set it up. asus520gu is cheap and powerful too

Taatalk ka jalwa !!!

I tried boosting my wifi by making wifi booster using cans but its didn't help me in my case :(.

i found this product on net and that seems to boost your wifi signal

http://www.iballbaton.com/Product.aspx?pg1=21

but its hard to say anything about its working,availability or price

If price is what is on the site something close to Rupee.jpg 1199

Its better to go for a wifi router(with repeater function) by paying some bugs more.

that would be sure shot way than to try that Wireless Antenna

Hi, Just Check Here Courtsey Kamal Sir aka Honest.

This is the cheapest solution you may get as of now. Just joking, but its worth try. ;)

. I tired something similar...called the windsfurfer ...but ofcourse the tin can should have better results...and I would defianately be interested in finding a Kingfisher can in Ahmadabad :Sorprendido:

Buy a dd-wrt compatible router and use it as a repeater. Can help you set it up. asus520gu is cheap and powerful too

Taatalk ka jalwa !!!

Great..I was also consider the dd-wrt option...would you recomend asus520gu over the WRT54g..I see there is an advantage of the USB port here and with a flashed firmware, it can be exploited for some wider use

for sure. you can use it for torrents albeit a very low key setup. would be basic and max handle 1-2 torrents simultaneously

for sure. you can use it for torrents albeit a very low key setup. would be basic and max handle 1-2 torrents simultaneously

that sounds good...I think I will go for this...I think it should be costing around 2k or so (not researched at all ).

yup 2.5k or so

Yeah! DJ is correct n helped me to setup my Asus router to DD-WRT! n its superb!

righto...sounds good...i think I should be able to buy the router in the next 2 days or so..and than I can bug Dj :P.....btw..would increasing my budget slightly and going for the RTN13U (b1) be also a good choice ?

In RT13N there is 3dbi Anteena only.

Rtn13u is good as well, and ensure you get the rev. B1

Tapatalk ka jalwa !!!