Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sgiitk

BSNL Postpaid Disconnects After Two Minutes

We have a BSNL Postpaid connection (GSM naturally). The connection goes off after a copule of minutes. The handset is a mid end Samsung (as in my profile) running Froyo (there is no GB for this handset). Signal levels are kosher.

Is it BSNL playing up or the handset?

In first place would blame BSNL only.... Bahar / Bhitar Se Nahi Lagta.

Agreed. But if you are in an out of the way place it is the only one jo lagta hai. We were in Andamans in December. Outside Port Blair (i.e., in Neil, Havelock, and even Baratang) Bhai Saheb Nahin Lagega was the only network working. Even in Port Blair I could not get my Tata Photon to puick up any signal!

Things may nto always be that way. We were in Leh a couple of years ago, and when we landed BSNL was out for three days, only Aircel (and its roaming partners) were working!

Edited by sgiitk

Wow... Sir ji you are too lucky to talk continuously for TWO FULL MINUTES in Bhool Se-bhi Naghi Lena network... I used to talk less than 1 to 1.5 mins and so no issue for me (prepaid)... Yes, in cities all n/w will be good except Bhool Se-bhi Nagi Lena and in rural side BSNL is best...

Yes, in cities all n/w will be good except Bhool Se-bhi Nagi Lena and in rural side BSNL is best...

This is the reason I am keeping it - postpaid at that! They have put in towers irrespective of the ecom=nomics. I suspect Airtel and Vodafone will match them soon. In fact in the Andamans Aittel & Vodafone were working, but with an intermittent and feeble signal.

any idea as to how they carry out verification and how they increase the credit limit and how frequently..?

I recently converted my airtel post to bsnl pre :( now missing my postpaid connection and the ease of activating and deactivating plans and packs..