Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Data Plans For Reliance Mobile CDMA Explained

Thanks! added topic link in The All-In-One FAQ topic.

Thanks.

Excellent explanaion....

Thanks and nice explanation.

But how do we know which PPP is set on our phone and how to switch from one PPP to another?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Very useful information Amit Ji. +1 :)

Simply superb

Well done amitji

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

NUC charge extra applicable or not?

@abhir - Checking PPP properly needs to decode the NV Dump.

But the is a way to check it in most of imported handsets.

1. In Android phones go to settings-about phone. And check what username its showing.Android handsets shows PPP User ID. If the user id is your MDN then its RNC PPP and if its something else other than your number and in alphabets then its RMW PPP.

2.Alternatively dial ##3242# and check Data Username.

Edited by @mitJ@in

@ vijaymalhotra - NUC is applicable only with RMW PPP and all charges mentioned are inclusive if it.

@ honest and parin.

Thanks.

if you are very lucky and your imported handset accepts code to access EPST then its a breeze like many htc support #778

just choose edit and go into security there you can easily change your PPP

i have done this plenty of times in htc eris & incredible. the other methods are called easy but not that easy.

Thanks and nice explanation.

But how do we know which PPP is set on our phone and how to switch from one PPP to another?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Excellent info, presented in a clear manner. Thanks Amitji for your efforts to help everyone.

Query:

• You mentioned Plan 250 and 650 under Pospaid. Both are mentioned here on RComm Website also. >> http://www.rcom.co.i...rnet_phone.html There are other plans like Swift 30, Swift 40, Freedom @ Night, Freedom and Platinum mentioned there? Are they still in operation or withdrawn? If they are still working, can they be incorporated in 1st Post?
  • Is L1 and L3 plan still issued to new subscribers? I thought they were withdrawn and applicable only for people who already had it earlier.

Suggestion:

If all the postpaid plans mentioned here have specific names by which Reliance System recognize them, is it feasible to incorporate that info in the first post? It's the experience of many customers that when one calls Reliance CC for a Data Plan activation / change request, they are not aware of any such plans, refuse the existence and don't take the activation request. They simply tell the customer to access RWorld Menu on handset and activate plan from there whereas RWorld is generally not accessible on imported handsets!!! In contrast, RWorld where accessible on OMH capable Brew handsets, generally don't show the plans mentioned here. We all have heard "Murgi Pehle Ki Anda" paheli... Here Murgi is there, Anda is there and buyer is also there but the Owner (RComm) is not interested in selling it!!! So after getting correct info of which plans are actually applicable from here, biggest hurdle R-CDMA postpaid customers face is how to actually get them activated? Any proper guidance (within disclosure limits if any) on that front in 1st post will actually help a lot of people.

Explained in a very simple way with complete information which most of the RMS also dont know .

This would be useful to lot of members . Good work.

@amitji, Very useful info for noobies like me, Thanks a ton!!!

If I am not wrong, it should be ##3282#

Edited by KumaarShah

Great piece of info +1 Amit bhai thanks....

please throw some light of tethering, as well..

If a customer goes for a monthly plan in postpaid, is he allowed to use that on his computer/laptop, without any other charges..

I have Samsung nexus 4g, so how to check username configured because the code is not working in it.

How to set username in nexus 4g coz I checked by using *#*#3282#*#* and its showing not set but there is no option to set it.

post-41069-0-57124600-1326408663_thumb.p

@Amit ji - Could you please clarify Rs.5 pack gives Rs.50 of Data usage. Did you mean Rs.5 pack gives 50Mb of data usage?

Edited by mdhussain

I have Samsung nexus 4g, so how to check username configured because the code is not working in it.

*#*#3282#*#* will work here...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

+1

this info was deadly needed on this forum and amitji is divine

wow, Amit Bhai !!

Simply superb. :hi2:

@abhir - Checking PPP properly needs to decode the NV Dump.

But the is a way to check it in most of imported handsets.

1. In Android phones go to settings-about phone. And check what username its showing.Android handsets shows PPP User ID. If the user id is your MDN then its RNC PPP and if its something else other than your number and in alphabets then its RMW PPP.

Both the ways are not showing anything in my Fascinate. Please suggest if there's anyother way in checking PPP in Fascinate

post-24516-007472500 1282196127_thumb.jp

Great info - much needed

also rajan - i liked that special addition of yours

There is an issue with OMH sets, like Samsung POP. We have been creating a connection with phone number as userid & passwd & selecting it. Using internet charges are RMW PPP and not 60p/min, even activating Rs 5/- plan doesn't help.

any info on that please

anil

@mdhussain - No, Rs.5 gives Rs.50 of usage not 50 MB; Dont get confused with MBs,

One thing i tell you all of the members:-

The default Tariff plan in ADC in RIM Prepaid is RNC_VALUE which means 60p/min in day and 30p/min in Night. So in Prepaid we have TIME BASED PLAN only, THere is no VOLUME BASED plans in Prepaid.

When a pack in Prepaid is formed like Rs.5 Pack or Rs.296 Pack, all these plan are made on Base Plan RNC Value and a Value of Units is being alloted in the Bucket so as to give the benifit to user for the pack.

Edited by @mitJ@in