Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Data Plans For Reliance Mobile CDMA Explained

@ alok - All the plans mentioned in the first post are compatible with both:-

Using it on Mobile as we as

Using it on PC by tethering.

@ Admin - Please update this to first post that plans can be used with both, On phone itself as well as tethering/Hotspot.

• Like 1

@ Rajan.

1. All those plans are still available but we had discussion on those plans and decided not to post those plans

Reason:-

Those plans are only and only for 1x not for EVDO.

There QoS in system are Silver.

If QoS is Gold - Then both 1x and EVDO works

If QoS is Silver - Only 1x works

So as we are now using EVDO services on our phones and PCs; So we thought to ommit them.

2. L1 and L3 are discontinued but this is to support who have these plans and end up in making huge bill due to wrong PPP selected.

3. Plan Codes shall be shared very soon.

• Like 1

^ ^ ^

Awesome. Thanks Amitji. +1.

+1 Amitji..

very much required info.

Also wanted to know, can we also include Windows Mobile Plans as mentioned here http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/windows-mobile/tariff.html in postpaid section?

No sir, Same QoS panga..

@ Admin - Please update this to first post that plans can be used with both, On phone itself as well as tethering/Hotspot.

many thanks for such a valuable info.. :) +1 to you..

Thanks for the info/ amitji.

Dose It means that Rs.5 sms give Rs.50 bal. for surfing that is approx 83 mins? is there any other charges are applicable? or only Rs.5 will be deducted from your balance if you use it for 83 mins?

Edited by tezo

@ tezo - Excatly.

• Like 1

+1 for u amit ji...really informative ....

can you tell me the way to check the PPP settings on motorola ..i am using droidx

thank you very much, this is something very valuable for cdma data users.

btw, rs 5 gives rs 50 data usages it is time based. so there is no capping in the given time limit?

Anyone who have used evdo on it?

Edited by sunilromy

^^^ No capping, download as much as you can.

@mdhussain - No, Rs.5 gives Rs.50 of usage not 50 MB; Dont get confused with MBs,

One thing i tell you all of the members:-

The default Tariff plan in ADC in RIM Prepaid is RNC_VALUE which means 60p/min in day and 30p/min in Night. So in Prepaid we have TIME BASED PLAN only, THere is no VOLUME BASED plans in Prepaid.

When a pack in Prepaid is formed like Rs.5 Pack or Rs.296 Pack, all these plan are made on Base Plan RNC Value and a Value of Units is being alloted in the Bucket so as to give the benifit to user for the pack.

Thats pretty nice explanation from you, Amit ji. It is very clear to me now. I appreciate your valuable help. Thank you very much.

Thanks for the info/ amitji.

Dose It means that Rs.5 sms give Rs.50 bal. for surfing that is approx 83 mins? is there any other charges are applicable? or only Rs.5 will be deducted from your balance if you use it for 83 mins?

@ tezo - Excatly.

@Amit ji - Not even NUC applicable?

As always +++1 for Amitji

+1 Amitji..

very much required info.

Also wanted to know, can we also include Windows Mobile Plans as mentioned here http://www.rcom.co.i...ile/tariff.html in postpaid section?

+1 @Amitjain for the explanation.. although im not very clear about why Windows Plan cannot be clubbed in the same flowchart.. Its got 2 decent plans, strictly for 1x.

Yeh QoS kya hai & panga kya hai.. many ppl still have old 1x phones & some want to avoid paying heavy rentals for monthly EVDO usage.

Also, reputed members/sellers can contact me for Plan updation in portal.. i may be able to help in activation once i get a little trained on this.. This should take the load off sellers & benefits if any, can be passed on to buyers.

:previous:

[Also, reputed members/sellers can contact me for Plan updation in portal.. i may be able to help in activation once i get a little trained on this..

Getting trained on Reliance Portal?? how come??

^^^ Was always having access to Icare portal for usual stuff..

If someone like @AmitJain can teach me the method for Data plan activation, with a little more education on diff plans, i can be of little help to all concerned.

@ ACS - QoS is Quality of Service; There are two qualities of service.

Silver - 1x Allowed only, EVDO doesnt get authenticated.

Gold - 1x and EVDO both gets Authenticated.

Regarding the activation of Data Plans, it depends upon the privilege you has been sanctioned for using iCare. In most of the cases SR is raised for Activation.

I bet!! RiM is surviving only because good people like Amit ji, and other RiM Veterans, Gurus are helping us through this forum. Otherwise, leave apart expecting the help from Reliance CC, they are not even capable of understanding the information. I am sorry if this sounds offensive but i got more than frustration with CC.

many thanks for such a valuable info.. :) +1 to you..

Please tell me if i need to change any network settting in my Nokia 6275 to use the above data plans. I fear if i start browsing using opera mini simply after subscribtion of these plans it might deduct my main balance if i don't connect with the right network setting as it happened with some people here. Though in my handset i could not find anything changable / customizable with regards to PPP setting or RNC, etc. or should i use only RWorld's browser with these plans but not opera mini?

@ @mitJ@in

I have a peculiar problem from last 2 days.

I generally use Reliance RUIM on ZTE AC2766 modem and activate NET50 by sending sms and get Rs 50 usage (which is shown as 50.000 MB) which can be consumed at 60p/min at day and 30p/min at night.

But i find the problem as it is: I spend 10 minutes online, and check balance is 44.000 MB. Then I connected again and started downloaded some stuffs over 100 MB and suddenly download stops though net connection was not disconnected, In my area often Reliance EVDO goes silent phase i.e. no data transfer. So I disconnected and check the balance and found my main balance goes 0.640 and NET Balance goes 00.000 MB.

I use 10 digit mobile no as username and password.

Can you explain what is happening?

@Amitji: Xcellent post! Thnks a ton!!!

I have Samsung nexus 4g, so how to check username configured because the code is not working in it.

How to set username in nexus 4g coz I checked by using *#*#3282#*#* and its showing not set but there is no option to set it.

Thanks rivzk for mentioning the correct number to see the hidden menu using *#*#3282#*#* on my galaxy pop i559. I too did not get any sort of username under this menu but I got hidden menu showing Data Programming > MMS Domestic setting (Enabled domestic mms mode). Perhaps, it will solve my mms issue which I could not resolve till yet after passing of two months of buying this phone. I will update this thread asap i will get succeeded.;) Thanks again!