Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
avishekghosh

MTS Revises Its EVDO Data Plans For Mobile Customers in Kolkata & West Bengal

MTS introduced unlimited 1X data pack for 19 INR only.....pack validity is 3 days......it will work on all omh 1x enabled handsets....1X data is pre activated on all MTS number....no monthly packs are available till now......

again simple question arise?

is it ONLY for WB circle?

how to activate it? balance deduction or recharge.

Sorry saket bro...i dont have all the details till now....whnevr i get that info...i will update here....

Sent from my SCH-I559 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-3

MTS introduced unlimited 1X data pack for 19 INR only.....pack validity is 3 days......it will work on all omh 1x enabled handsets....1X data is pre activated on all MTS number....no monthly packs are available till now......

again simple question arise?

is it ONLY for WB circle?

how to activate it? balance deduction or recharge.

Sorry saket bro...i dont have all the details till now....whnevr i get that info...i will update here....

Sent from my SCH-I559 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-3

Read here...http://telecomtalk.info/mts-brings-unlimited-1x-data-pack-for-mobile-customers/91145/

I think MTS stopped evdo activation in new numbers.If its true then thats the worst move by them...i will try to confirm it asap n post the updates here....

Sent from my SCH-I559 using Tapatalk 2

tata indicom also stopped activating EVDO on OMH RUIM from last 2 months.

and activating EVDO on reliance is big challenge.

Tata Docomo website says evdo/3X speed is available on OMH RUIM if you use evdo handset. (data will not work on modems).

My Uncle has galaxy ace duos in which he is currently using MTS Rs.90 (2gb) pack but its is not working in EV-DO mode where there is the signal of EV-DO, so what should be done?

Off Topic: I will be getting that Ace dous in couple of days! :w00t:

^

I'm afraid, the MTS RUIM your uncle is using is not EVDO activated. If not activated yet, then it cannot be activated any more. Even if there is EVDO signal at Asansol, you will be getting 1X data only.

I find monthly packs now

MTS MBlaze New Data Plan Details Plan Value (Rs) Bundled Usage Validity in days 151 1 GB 7 198 750MB 30 248 1 GB 30 375 2 GB 60 490 3 GB 30 698 4 GB 60 998 6 GB 90 999 10 GB + 1X UL 30 295 6GB weekend (saturday & sunday only) 30 303 True unlimited at night hours (12 am – 6 am)

Check this now: http://telecomtalk.info/mts-revised-mblaze-data-plans/95503/#more-95503

^

I'm afraid, the MTS RUIM your uncle is using is not EVDO activated. If not activated yet, then it cannot be activated any more. Even if there is EVDO signal at Asansol, you will be getting 1X data only.

Yes, there is Ev-Do signal in asansol but ace duos continues to use 1x while MTS mTag 3.1 uses Ev-Do in same place! :ranting:

^

Are you getting EVDO with your own RUIM on MTag and not getting EVDO when the same RUIM is inserted in Ace Duos? This shouldn't be the case.

Seems like they want their customers to use their cr@ppy locked phones only... MTS is also as greedy and idiotic as other CDMA operators of India... So they have silently killed the purpose of OMH RUIMS.... The only enemy to CDMA technology is their (CDMA) network operators, imho....

• Like 1

^

Are you getting EVDO with your own RUIM on MTag and not getting EVDO when the same RUIM is inserted in Ace Duos? This shouldn't be the case.

No, i am getting Ev-Do signal in the sim bundled with M-tag and not getting with another UIM in Ace Duos

^

That's it. The UIM bundled with MTag is EVDO activated while you cannot get any new UIM activated with EVDO to use on Ace Duos.

^

No, i am getting Ev-Do signal in the sim bundled with M-tag and not getting with another UIM in Ace Duos

Then use Tata Docomo CDMA OMH RUIM. EVDO comes pre activated on Tata Docomo CDMA OMH RUIM now (Contrary to reports that they have stopped EVDO activation). I have purchased RUIM a week back and it is working fine.

Tata has plans of 1.5 GB@Rs 48 for 21 days and 3 GB @Rs 95 for 30 days for EVDO on mobile.

^

Then use Tata Docomo CDMA OMH RUIM. EVDO comes pre activated on Tata Docomo CDMA OMH RUIM now (Contrary to reports that they have stopped EVDO activation). I have purchased RUIM a week back and it is working fine.

Tata has plans of 1.5 GB@Rs 48 for 21 days and 3 GB @Rs 95 for 30 days for EVDO on mobile.

Will this work in West Bengal??

^

No it will not work at your place.

Tata DoCoMo has EVDO footprint in some cities of North Bengal and Sikkim of Rest of West Bengal circle but they are yet to introduce it in south Bengal cities. So no chance as of now with MTS or Tata.

You can try BSNL EVDO which is available on RUIM.

^

Will this work in West Bengal??

Of course, if your town has Tata Photon (EVDO) coverage, else you'll get 1x speed.

You can check the coverage in their official website.

^

Tata yet to have EVDO footprint at Asansol. So no way :NOTriste: Only 1X speed is there.

Ashis is talking about using EVDO on his Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos.

Guys!

I don't want to change my operator from MTS as in my number i have activated power of 499 which gives me free MTS local call for lifetime and we have almost 35 connection in my home

You are in a catch 22 position now.

You cannot change your MTS connection for on-net call benefit;

you have an EVDO capable OMH phone (Ace Duos) but your RUIM is 1X only and EVDO cannot be activated on that;

network locked handsets from MTS like MTag or Livewire provide EVDO on special RUIMs meant for those handsets only, but you cannot change your existing number to any such smart phone number (to avail EVDO).

Quite indecisive proposition.

No I guess you can activate your evdo services with an SMS. Try the SMS

^

@Ujjal, activating EVDO with an SMS is long over, MTS doesn't allow that any more.

I have called customer care many a time but they don't have any information regarding this and they tell me to call in 955 and when i call in 955 they says that we deal only with MTS branded handset only!

I have called customer care many a time but they don't have any information regarding this and they tell me to call in 955 and when i call in 955 they says that we deal only with MTS branded handset only!

Now MTS CC is saying that they have activated Ev-Do in my number!

Now i will get OMH sim for my number, lets see what happens....