Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

Railway SMS Service (Content From Forward Mail) - Not Verified

SOMETHING REALLY TO BE PROUD OF

Incident 1

It happened few months back. We were traveling and I and my family were waiting in the A/C waiting room at Secunderabad Station. The attached bathroom was not clean and was giving bad smell. Added to this discomfiture, the bathroom door was not closing tight , and I also observed that shutter was not closing tight because of faulty door closer. I complained to the attendant .

I also sent an SMS " The bathroom of A/C waiting room on platform No 1 of Secunderbad Station is dirty and stinking. Pl arrange cleaning . Also the the door is not closing properly". After few minutes we left the waiting room as our train arrival was announced. Within few minutes I received text reply from Railways, giving an Id No and that action will be taken . After few hours I received a message that the bathroom has been cleaned . After ten days I received another message that the faulty door has been repaired and thanking me.

Incident 2

Recently on 24 th October I and my wife were travelling by Hyderabd Ajmeer Express on our Rajasthan trip. Next day morning , I noticed there was no water in the bathroom and the taps are all dry, wheras our journey will continue and we will be reaching our destination ( Bhilwara near Ajmeer) after another 18 hours. I was worried that it is going to be a miserable time to travel without water. Water or No water, people will continue to use the bathrooms and the stink will become unbearable. I complained to the Conductor. I also sent a SMS "Travelling in the A1 compartment of Hyderabad Ajmeer express train No 12720. No water in the bathrooms . Pl arrange. Also replace leaking valves else problem repeats."

Pat came the reply" Your reference id is 1110250019. For status visit www.scr.indianrailways.in. or SMS as STATUS<SPACE><id> TO 8121281212 . Thanks for registering complaint " .

After about 20 minutes I received message that water will be filled at the nearest Railway station having water filling facility. At Itarsi station water was filled and we had no problem . After about a week I received another message that the faulty valves have been replaced . It wa amazing.

I am thankful to the Railway authorities for introducing a system where one can complain from a running train and doubly grateful that they have acknowledged the complaint and attended.

I collected this help line number from the Railway waiting room !

Many times while traveling by train we are put to unexpected inconvenience , we react by cursing and criticizing. No other response. Of-course once we reach our destination we just forget.

The Railway Number to which you can SMS is 8121281212 . Please pass on this message to your friends and it may help some one in need including you

• Like 6

Very nice info and really commendable job done by raliways.

Thanks for sharing....

Totally 2 Mobile No.s mentioned in the circulated mail, to which public can SMS grivences:

(Have not verified but)

Very useful information

Thanks

Babulu,Advocate

@kshah

It's too good to be true, so most probably it's not true!!! I can't be too sure but it looks like some SMS or other fishing scam to me. Pointers..

• The same forwarded mail which you put is there all over the internet with the same content.
  • The Complaint Status Website www.scr.indianrailways.in mentioned in the post opens this website www.indianrailways.in which just by the looks of it does not look like a govt's railway authentic website.
  • www.indianrailways.in domain is registered by some Prashant Chaudhary of California with email id pcdomain@gmail.com >> http://www.whois-sea...dianrailways.in

I may be terribly wrong but just saying... What say?

• Like 1

Thanks for the useful information dear Kalpak Ji. +1 :)

Totally 2 Mobile No.s mentioned in the circulated mail, to which public can SMS grivences:

(Have not verified but)

8121281212 is the only official number. See below link :

http://203.153.33.93:8080/sms/

@kshah

It's too good to be true, so most probably it's not true!!! I can't be too sure but it looks like some SMS or other fishing scam to me. Pointers..

• The same forwarded mail which you put is there all over the internet with the same content.
  • The Complaint Status Website www.scr.indianrailways.in mentioned in the post opens this website www.indianrailways.in which just by the looks of it does not look like a govt's railway authentic website.
  • www.indianrailways.in domain is registered by some Prashant Chaudhary of California with email id pcdomain@gmail.com >> http://www.whois-sea...dianrailways.in

I may be terribly wrong but just saying... What say?

Rajan Bhai, its not spam but true. The facility is being provided by Souch Central Railway. See the below links :

Visit the official website of South Central Railway :

http://www.scr.indianrailways.gov.in/

Now from the "Public Information" option, select "Status of Sms Based Passenger Complaints". You will then forwarded to this page :

http://www.scr.india...ng=0&id=0,5,592

And the above link is 100% official. :)

Hope this helps. :)

• Like 2

Thanks to kshah and honest for all the great info..

Any railway station all over india complain be registered?

Great info, kalpak bhai!!!!

Thanks

Great info.Really it will help many in alleviating problems faced while journey.I heartily thank you for sharing this useful information.

Thanks. It is really a good piece of information. I regularly travel by train and enjoy traveling by train. Is this complaint number is for only South Central Railway or Indian Railways?

a great initiative :-) , i hope that this service is not misused and the railways take this more seriously in the future :-)