Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Windows Phone To Take Second Place From iOS, By 2015

Windows Phone to take second place from iOS, by 2015

There have been questions raised about the future of the mobile operating system. While iOS and Android are clearly the leaders today, the future isn’t going to be in iOS' favour, claim research agencies, like Gartner and IDC. Now, iSuppli has stated that, by 2015, iOS will no longer be in the lead, but will, in fact, fall to the third place. The platform that'll gain momentum in the times to come will be Microsoft’s Windows Phone. As of now, Android has the largest market share and this number will continue to swell over the coming years. Apple’s iOS share won’t drop sharply, but there will be a very gradual drop.

wp7_021206325091_640x360.jpg

Microsoft’s Windows Phone, on the other hand, will see a massive jump in market share between 2012 and 2013. From there on, the upward movement in market share will be more limited. We’re expecting to see major phone companies, launching Windows Phone devices, this year. The difference between market shares of both platforms is likely to be marginal, though at the end of 2015. What is more concerning is that there’s no significant mention of BlackBerry in this report. The numbers are likely to be small, as will be the case with the Symbian platform.

Courtesy : Tech2

Thanks to Rossi Fernandes

• Like 1

Microsoft entered the market when Google and Apple already had entrenched user bases and established sales figures. Also at present Windows Phone got no distinct, new feature to set them apart and make people want them. Apps development still lags far behind. Considering all these, I feel, the above report is too optimistic.

i expected the windows phone to raise :)

There is no harm in being optimistic, but no doubt a lot has to be done in regards to Application Development for Windows phone and I think the situation will be different after a couple of years. :)

I believe whether we like it or not, in all probability win-phone-os is destined to take second position after google-os.

The win-os is excellent and very capable of overtaking i-os with the current trend in app dev in win-os segment.

google-os shall remain no1 because of flexibility to work on extreme range of hardware options and its scalability.

The simple concept of a linux kernel running a wm (dalvik) on top of it gives it major advantage to wide range of manufacturers including small entities

Microsoft oPhone!!! YouTube Video

• Like 1

^^^^

ha ha

circles - circles all the way

is that a real phone? LOL

A comment says: I would buy this phone any day instead of Iphone. atleast this has a personality!