Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gids

Insurance Claims - Help

hey ppl,

it's been about 3 months now that my sch-191 broke down due to some techinical problem(relating to pda). any way, i had filed a claim for the same, the samsung and ww ppl told me that i had 2 courier some originals and i would recieve 75% of my repair cost. i followed the whole process . But it has been 3 months now but still no answer for national india insurance co. I asked the ww and cc for the cantact no.s of the co. but to my dissapointment either all the no's are not reachable(dats when u switch off ur rim) or the bell goes on and no one picks up.

also to my amazment the office of knowladge city hasn't been listed anywhere on national insurance co. site.

I really need help coz around 5k of mine are stuck

it would be a gr8 favor if any 1 tries.

thnx

I have a Samsung SCH-N191, the phone turned off suddenly while i was using it once and it refused to turn ON again.

I sent it to the samsung repair centre and they said that its motherboard had been spoilt. And they said that it would be Rs. 5000 to replace it.

I wasn't my fault that the motherboard was faulty, i didnt even drop the phone. It must have been a faulty piece from the beginning itself. And Rs. 5000 is just too steep for a basic phone like that.

This should be included in the insurance cover.

:blink:

Munjal, I have a N191 with the same issue lying wid me. The exact amt they quoted is 5575. Since it was a DAPO connection and covered under insurance, they said it can be claimed.

I Would like to know how much exactly would we get back in the claim? I've been told that abt 5425 would be returned. But according to general insurance policies i want to make sure that there is no depreciation attached to this and that whether they'd give that amt or deduct 25% or 50% since the handset is now 1.5yrs old!

Can some1 explain more on this??

Hi

Do our handsets are insured by default?

bineesh

28209[/snapback]

Default- No. Depends on the scheme. If its on installment, its insured if its outright payment its not.

also to my amazment the office of knowladge city hasn't been listed anywhere on national insurance co. site.

I really need help coz around 5k of mine are stuck

it would be a gr8 favor if any 1 tries.

thnx

23701[/snapback]

the address of DAKC is:

Thane-belapur road, koparkhairane

navi mumbai - 400709

but u will need some kind of block/bldg to specify which dept

i've still no replies despite me writing 2 the above address also i've even send fax to them. even send a mail 2 chairmans office but the reply came that national insurance co is diff than reliance and the same is not involved in the claim procedure.

also, the numbers of the national insurance co. which i got frm cc are either always switched off or keep ringing n no one picks up

Edited by gids

do you have copies of all ur msgs?

if so take the entire set with dates to a RWW to lodge a complaint

maybe there is a consumer insurance forum to send this also

CNBC has a forum where they address such issues too

guyz about 10 months ago my samsung sch191 met with an accident beacause of which its pda got damaged. the samsung service centre guyz told me it would cost me around 5000 , 70% of which i can claim since i am a dapo customer

i got it fixed and filled up all forms and courier them at the desired insurance co.'s address in dhirubhai ambani knowladge city. but i din't recieve any response . even their phones kept ringing or were switched off.

till this date i've sent numerous faxes, called them end no of times at the no. 's given by reliance cc but all in vain.

i request any dapo customer who has been able to recieve a claim from the insurer to please reply with the procedure through which they got the claim

the insurance co. is National Insurance CO.

one more thing, the address of co.'s office which the ww guyz told me to courier is nowhere listed at the co.'s site

also i've already enquired at their various delhi branches but they told me that their branches are not interconnected and what i could do is to personally go to mumbai at the stated address!!!!! imagine

any sort of help would be highly appreciated.

You rather visit the Insurance Tribunal / Redressal Forum... than trying to crack National Insurance's office. National Insurance went into a big loss dealing with RIM. And it stopped servicing its clients. I know thats no way to work but thts wat they chose! Its a simple biz strategy. The one who knocks the court, would get his/her claim... Rest keep waiting!

try what Chirag states .... yes the National Insurace company has gone into heavy loss ... I've also heard about that one!

All the very best ....

and since I stay in mumbai ... if u want some assistance... u can shoot a request.

Cheers

Ashok

The address given to you is service counter address.

If you have posted before the service takes place I may tell you to change your set.

But as all has already done tell me are original papers are with you or you have photocopy one.

thanx for the reply

@pankaj- i've already couriered the originials but i do have the photo copies.

the claim form stated that all the Originals have to be sent for claim request.

@chirag - could u please elaborate more regarding the same as i've never seeked court's help before

5 December 2005

New Delhi: The National Insurance Company and Oriental Insurance Company have suffered a loss of Rs142.63 crore as they extended their tailor-made insurance polices to the mobile handsets of Reliance Infocomm without risk analysis and reinsurance protection.

NIC and OIC have so far suffered a loss of Rs142.63 crore (NIC Rs126.58 crore and OIC Rs16.05 crore) while General Insurance suffered a loss amounting to Rs41.37 crore, on the basis of paid and outstanding claims and expenses.

While underwriting the unconventional policies, which had serious financial implications, the operating officers did not exercise due diligence and caution and did not ensure the compliance of guidelines issued by IRDA, General Insurance Public Sector Association and the Head Offices of NIC and GIC, which resulted in the loss.

No responsibility has been fixed for the regional or divisional offices having exceeded their powers and exposing the companies to such heavy risk and loss.

Can any one mail me readressal forum contact.

I am from Bangalore and its more than 1.5 year since I sent claim .

I got below mail fro Reliance.

Thanks

Anil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Customercare.Blr@relianceada.com [mailto:Customercare.Blr@relianceada.com]

Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 1:14 PM

To: amaurya@vahati.com; amaurya@vahati.com

Subject: With Reference to your Reliance Number 9342853118

Dear Mr. Anil Maurya,

Greetings of the Day!

With Reference to your Reliance Number 9342853118 we would request you to contact National Insurance Company Ltd, contact information provided below, with details of your insurance claim. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

National Insurance Company Ltd,

Extension Counter, 'E' Block, Ground Floor,

Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City,

Thane Belapur Road,

Koparkhairane,

Navi Mumbai - 400709

Telephone Numbers: 022-30384084, 022-30384085, 022-30384086

Fax No.: 022-30384199

For further details, please visit us at http://www.reliancecommunications.co.in . You can also mail us at wecare.karnataka@relianceada.com

Thank you for your valuable association with us. We assure you of our best services at all times!

Regards,

Kshama Hegde

Customer Care

Reliance Communications

Bangalore