Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anilpatil

Please suggest Dual SIM CDMA+GSM handset

I want to buy a dual SIM CDMA+GSM handset with following specs:

1. 3G in GSM with speed upto 10.2Mbps. (internet usage charges on CDMA are more than 10 times costlier than GSM).
  2. Browsing and downloading capability.
  3. Unlimited phone book memory.
  4. Unlimited messaging memory.
  5. Office viewer and editor.
  6. PDF viewer.
  7. Mass sms sending option.
  8. High resolution capacitive touch screen.
  9. Sunlight viewable Screen.
  10. Accelerometer, Compass, GPS, proximity.
  11. Multitasking capability.
  12. Stable & Reliable OS.

I intend to use Reliance for CDMA & will choose any other operator for GSM. CDMA will be used only for calls and GSM will be used only for Internet. I hate GSM for calls!

Please suggest some handsets which meet above criteria. I like using a particular phone for years.

Anil Bhai,

I don't have much knowledge about Dual Handsets, And at-least NO Imported Phone is Dual mode. You can get only 1 Network at your time in Imported handsets. Look for dual mode handset in local market.

internet usage charges on CDMA are more than 10 times costlier than GSM)

Is it? on 3G/GSM it is 5GB for Rs 1000, and on CDMA-EVDO it is 10GB for Rs 1000.

But if you are using lower data limit,say 1GB or 2GB - both are almost same - 2GB for Rs 750.

As you are planning to use R-CDMA and till date R-cDMA has not come up with unified plans, better use GSM.

On GPRS/EDGE plans - they are cheap.

even I'm searching for dual active GSM-3G+CDMA phone for more than 18 months. no success so far.

@inception MTNL 3G is definitely cheaper than R-CDMA EVDO.

any dual active dual sim CDMA+GSM phone.

i want a budget phone with option to store sms on the system. basically PC connectity. any other feature is good not a important factor

Heard that samaung is coming up with galaxy ace in dual shortly .

Also you can check motorola xt800 ; samsung 259 .

^^^^^

That is sooo nice to hear... Ace in G+C... But I wonder what will be its price, since POP is even now selling at 8 to 8.5k and Ace-GSM around 12 to 13k...

Samsung Galaxy S2 DUOS is comming with Both Active CDMA + GSM network at the same time. In may get launched in 2 or 3 months

any dual active dual sim CDMA+GSM phone.

i want a budget phone with option to store sms on the system. basically PC connectity. any other feature is good not a important factor

..Go for Smasung 259 Very Gud handset with good battery backup

It’s a Phone… It’s a Tablet… It’s Coolpad’s New 5-inch Android Smartphone With CDMA and GSM Radio

Source

Note: There were rumours sometime back that Reliance would be launching this phone in India.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl0s1-MI7tE

Coolpad, the little known Chinese brand, has launched a new Android smartphone that doesn’t look too shabby with its 5.0-inch 960 x 480 IPS-rivalling Sharp ASV display, Qualcomm’s 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 768MB of RAM, 4GB of on-board storage, and a 8-megapixel camera that is capable of recording 1080p30 video. The Coolpad Magview II runs Gingerbread with the company’s own developed UI over it, has both GSM and CDMA radios built-in, allowing the phone to switch between GSM and CDMA accounts on a whim, making you wonder why on Earth this didn’t arrive before you plunked down for a second handset. The phone is announced jointly by Coolpad and China Telecom (China’s largest CDMA carrier), and this is actually the second offering of Coolpad’s Magview smartphone series, and use the same 5.0-inch Sharp display as its predecessor Coolpad 9930.

• Like 1

Aalok knows all about cool pad he is the master in this ..... Let's wait for his comments

no flash !!!!! that s**ks !!!

its not yet available here.. have asked my acquaintaince to get one for me as soon as possible to check it out.. will wait for it and update here if i'll get it..

Aalok knows all about cool pad he is the master in this ..... Let's wait for his comments

It’s a Phone… It’s a Tablet… It’s Coolpad’s New 5-inch Android Smartphone With CDMA and GSM Radio

Source

Note: There were rumours sometime back that Reliance would be launching this phone in India.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl0s1-MI7tE

Coolpad, the little known Chinese brand, has launched a new Android smartphone that doesn’t look too shabby with its 5.0-inch 960 x 480 IPS-rivalling Sharp ASV display, Qualcomm’s 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 768MB of RAM, 4GB of on-board storage, and a 8-megapixel camera that is capable of recording 1080p30 video. The Coolpad Magview II runs Gingerbread with the company’s own developed UI over it, has both GSM and CDMA radios built-in, allowing the phone to switch between GSM and CDMA accounts on a whim, making you wonder why on Earth this didn’t arrive before you plunked down for a second handset. The phone is announced jointly by Coolpad and China Telecom (China’s largest CDMA carrier), and this is actually the second offering of Coolpad’s Magview smartphone series, and use the same 5.0-inch Sharp display as its predecessor Coolpad 9930.

All my sympathies to Cool Pad owners :)

^ coolpads are not that bad hussain saab :P..

they are the first to provide free replacement within first six months of purchase, the only problem is their distribution channel..

The brand does not have much exposure in india. wont hold them any good.

I think it is better to forget about Dual Sim or Dual standby Android handsets for now at-least. Maybe in future we may be able to get good Dual standby handsets.

Samsung has today launched Galaxy Ace Duos in India which is a CDMA + GSM android.

Samsung has today launched Galaxy Ace Duos in India which is a CDMA + GSM android.

Galaxy Ace Duos Details ..... Price ....16900.00 :doh::bash:

Have a look at Karbonn KC999 (GSM+GSM+CDMA) available for Rs 3300.

1.3mp camera, MP3, FM recording, GPRS, Bluetooth,Ebook reader, webcam support, Torchlight,1200 mAH battery and PC suite

hello everyone

looking to get one phone for my 2 office numbers.

i require a gsm + cdma phone

the only use of that phone will be for talking . that's it.

budget = least amount i can spend to get the phone . around 2k , maybe 3k

it should have good battery life and good voice quality. thats it.

suggestions please.